Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-03-21, 10:31 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I just did Cathe's Cross train express upper body split and it's definitely high rep endurance, lol.
Right?? It's kind of evil.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-21, 01:41 PM  
difit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
The Body Maxes are good but maybe not quite as high rep as you're seeking but I might be remembering wrong. The lower body is more circuit oriented with cardio and then the upper body is wham, bam, thank you, ma'am, quick but effective! I love the Body Max workouts if you can't tell!

You might also consider Maximum Intensity Strength and for kind of higher reps but more metabolic, Flex Train and Athletic Training (from the Low Impact Series).

If you're really seeking that high rep feel, which I totally get because I gravitate to that kind of training and LOVE it, consider adding in some Jari Love maybe?

And please keep us posted because now I'm considering joining you in this rotation, as it would fit perfectly into my horrendously stressful June!

I preview Body Max over the weekend since it's been awhile since I used it. The upper and lower body did have have some higher reps and Cathe mention building your muscle endurance between sets but like you mention the lower body is in the power circuit. I was looking at my worksheet. It had total body. I was thinking it might had been premix that was just the weight workout but no premix. I thought of just skipping the circuit and just do lower body weight but as I was previewing it I think I'll enjoy it more if I did the whole thing. I can see how you love it. I had big star that I loved it too! I'll keep as optional if can't find my fourth one.

]I also preview Maximum Intensity Strength. This could work. Cathe mention it's a muscle endurance workout and they were some higher reps. It might not be like the other 3 higher rep workouts but by the fourth week It might be a change from the actual higher reps. So I think I found the fourth workout.

I was thinking of pulling one of Jari too if I couldn't find another high rep of Cathe.

I started last week with Power Hour (MWF). Good grief. The reps seem to go on forever..lol. It started out with squats I swear it just seem to go on forever. The workouts are choreographed to 10 songs for each major muscle group and work to exhaustion and believe me my muscle were exhausted but in a good way.

This week I'm doing Muscle Endurance (MWF)
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-21, 05:54 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by difit View Post

I started last week with Power Hour (MWF). Good grief. The reps seem to go on forever..lol. It started out with squats I swear it just seem to go on forever. The workouts are choreographed to 10 songs for each major muscle group and work to exhaustion and believe me my muscle were exhausted but in a good way.

This week I'm doing Muscle Endurance (MWF)
Yep on Power Hour, I totally agree! Also, my hat is off to you as that's a hard rotation doing those three times a week. I did that a couple years back, high reps MWF and then I had long spin classes on T/Th and it was SUCH an effective rotation but quite grueling!

Old 06-06-21, 05:56 PM  
angie_nrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I just did Cathe's Cross train express upper body split and it's definitely high rep endurance, lol.
For some reason I can't recall what this workout looks like. Could you post a picture of the DVD cover?
Old 06-06-21, 06:24 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
For some reason I can't recall what this workout looks like. Could you post a picture of the DVD cover?
The CTX upper body split is a premix of all the upper included on this set: https://shop.cathe.com/Cross-Train-Xpress-Exercise-Workout-DVD-p/300.htm

Hope that helps!

Old 06-06-21, 06:50 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
The CTX upper body split is a premix of all the upper included on this set: https://shop.cathe.com/Cross-Train-Xpress-Exercise-Workout-DVD-p/300.htm

Hope that helps!
kittybug beat me to it! That's it!

And lol, on calling it evil...I felt it everywhere the next day... even my forearms!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-21, 07:41 PM  
angie_nrs

Quote:

Hope that helps!
Thanks for that.

I have this series in VHS but I also have the CTX upper body tape too and that's probably close to the same thing (if not exactly the same). I haven't done that one in a while so it's a good reminder to pull that one out and give it a go. I do remember that it is challenging for sure.
Old 06-07-21, 08:20 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

The old MIS is very high rep on the lower body. Just don't use as much weight as Cathe does. The upper body portion also has quite a few reps. I would choose that over Body Max unless you want to alternate weights and cardio.
Old 06-07-21, 09:33 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
Thanks for that.

I have this series in VHS but I also have the CTX upper body tape too and that's probably close to the same thing (if not exactly the same). I haven't done that one in a while so it's a good reminder to pull that one out and give it a go. I do remember that it is challenging for sure.
Just be forewarned there's no warmup included, so you might want to add one on before suffering through, ahem, I mean, enjoying this workout.

Old 06-07-21, 10:33 AM  
fanofladyvols

Yeah...no cooldown either but it's a goodie!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe high reps, endurance, high reps, low weight/high reps