Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-25-16, 04:13 PM  
Boots

Aerobic Steps

Hi. I got an Amazon gift card for Christmas, and I was thinking of buying an aerobic step. I have a question that I was hoping someone could answer for me. I am trying to decide between The Step Original Aerobic Platform and The Step Freestyle Aerobic Platform. I know the freestyle one can be put on an incline, because it says the risers have grooves for that. Can the original step be put on an incline, too? It doesn't say anything about it in the description, and there are no pictures showing it. I would love to hear anyone's thoughts on how you like/don't like the step and if you can put it on an incline without any major issues. Thank you!
Boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-16, 05:03 PM  
Fitstick

I've had my original step for years and love it. I use it on the incline for weight work but it doesn't lock in place (I've not had any problems). It helps to have extra risers. I would not use the incline for anything else.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-16, 05:36 PM  
Boots

Thanks Fitstick! I would mostly do weight work on the incline, so that's good that you haven't had any issues with that. I do have some workouts that use the incline for stepping, but since the risers don't lock in on the incline, I probably shouldn't even attempt that. Thank you so much for the information!
Old 12-25-16, 10:19 PM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
I've had my original step for years and love it. I use it on the incline for weight work but it doesn't lock in place (I've not had any problems). It helps to have extra risers. I would not use the incline for anything else.
Same here.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-16, 01:22 AM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

I've had one of these since the 90s

the SAME one now that i think about it
Old 12-27-16, 11:03 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I have the club step and I love to step, but I use my stability ball for incline and upper body work.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-16, 07:08 PM  
Boots

Susan H - That's a great idea to use the stability ball for weight work and incline! I have one, but I didn't even think about it. It would definitely be a little harder to do, but I think I will try it. Thanks!
Old 12-27-16, 09:00 PM  
Lannette

You can get a riser set that allows the original step to incline or I guess decline depending on what you're doing. I have one and it's quite sturdy and solid feeling.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-16, 08:16 AM  
Tugger31

I have had the Reebok Step for years as well! I use as an incline bench for weight work without any trouble, but would never use it for incline cardio. When I was buying a step I did see that one difference was that the Reebok step is 6 inches at its lowest height and the club style step used in most workouts has a 4 inch platform at its lowest height. Not sure if that would make a difference for you or not.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-16, 01:59 PM  
beanpeanut

I have the 29 inch Free Style Step and it inclines on the ends but it also inclines on the sides, like a ramp. It comes with two workout Dvds, one is a regular step workout and the second one uses the regular position as well as the angled position (ramp style).
beanpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote