Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-16, 10:08 PM  
aquakat

Most beautiful workout?

This will sound so vapid, but I'm looking ahead to winter and I want to buy a beautiful workout.

I can go up to a high intermediate level.

All other factors aside, what would you say is your most beautiful workout? Beautiful scenery, beautiful lighting, beautiful/fun/uplifting or serene music.

So many streaming workouts are in someone's living room or basement. Those have a place, don't get me wrong. But if I'm looking for eye candy and a solid workout, what should I get? Any genre! Old or new.

Thanks!
aquakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-16, 10:15 PM  
cpcathy

Yoga Zone in various Jamaica locations, there's a Tamilee Webb stretch video, also in Jamaica. The original Yoga Booty Ballet.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-16, 10:55 PM  
Scorpio6

Rockin' Models!! Beautiful scenery that constantly changes so there's variety, great music with exercises timed to the music. Perfect workout, IMHO. And it's chaptered.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-16, 11:01 PM  
ardnas

Shiva Rea has the most stunning workouts; Yoga Shakti, Yoga Trance Dance, Fluid Power Vinyasa Flow Yoga (last 2 have clips at Amazon). Namaste Yoga seasons 1-3 are also stunning to look at, mostly filmed outdoors. Lee Holden's Qi Gong workouts are beautiful - filmed in the woods, at Lake Tahoe, and in a garden. Ali McGraw & Erich Schiffmann's Yoga Mind & Body is gorgeous with good music.
I LOVE the Virtual Active hikes & runs, Mary carries them. They are filmed in HD at amazing locations - national parks, Italy, Australia, Germany, New Zealand, Swiss Alps, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Yosemite, California coast, etc. and have good upbeat music. I got rid of my treadmill & elliptical and just walk or run in place or do low impact aerobics or rebound to them.
I don't have In Light of Change, but the clip looks pretty.
Old 08-28-16, 11:10 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

For me, hands down, Yoga Mind and Body with Erich Schifmann and Ali MacGraw, filmed in White Sands National Monument with beautiful music and editing. It's not easy either.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-16, 04:09 AM  
PhyllisG

I like Tone It Up...all 3 sets. Got them for just that reason...beautiful warm beach scenery in the winter.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-16, 04:57 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I like Tone It Up...all 3 sets. Got them for just that reason...beautiful warm beach scenery in the winter.
+1 for the Tone It Up workouts. Plus the girls are just so cheerful and enthusiastic. It's hard not to smile doing those workouts.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-16, 05:26 AM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

some of the older Rodney Yee yogas are just gorgeous
Old 08-29-16, 06:05 AM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I always pull these out in the winter!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-16, 07:04 AM  
muggle

What do you consider beautiful? Do your want the beach, mountains? Karen Voight has a stretch/tone workout that is set in the mountains (in Montana I think). The setting is gorgeous! Very relaxing too.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote