Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-16, 05:00 PM  
desertMermaid

Another lower body thread (cellulite)

There have been several discussions About slimming and shaping the lower body. So I thought I'd start my own. My problem area is cellulite. I am fairly trim and have been working out consistently for over a decade now and eat fairly clean. I am happy with my tone and shape but still have cellulite. Has anyone actually been successful in ridding cellulite? I know there are massagers and that type of thing but I'm pretty sensitive and that sounds like painful torture which I have zero interest in. I'm just curious to hear if anyone has achieved this seemingly impossible feat. And how. Thanks.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-16, 06:14 PM  
Chomper

It's normal and I'm afraid my solution is quite radical. Redefine cellulite as OK and not unsightly.

Here's some info.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/well...ments-work.htm
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-16, 06:25 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomper View Post
It's normal and I'm afraid my solution is quite radical. Redefine cellulite as OK and not unsightly.

Here's some info.

Not so radical. My approach is exactly the same!
Old 08-26-16, 06:38 PM  
bubbles76

Cathe's Xtrain and dry skin brushing. My cellulite was nearly non-existent. I say nearly because I have a bit butt. But it's creeping up on me again. The cellulite, not the butt. So I may be going in for another Xtrain rotation in the new year or when it starts to get colder. I am at my most motivated in the colder months.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-16, 07:02 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomper View Post

Here's some info.

I remember the article from Chomper's July thread "Confessions of a Victoria's Secret Photoshopper":

http://www.refinery29.com/2016/07/11...icks-interview

Quote:
Still, there are some standard practices she doesn’t see leaving anytime soon. Just as nearly every model has acne, cellulite, and stretch marks (Sarah's reminder: “You don’t get 6 feet tall during puberty without having stretch marks.”), every retoucher knows to remove them. Sarah gives high praise to brands like Aerie for leaving everything in, adding that seeing cellulite in an ad doesn’t turn her off — but recognizing that hers is not a common perspective. If cellulite removal is ever totally eliminated, “I think that'll probably be the last thing to go.”
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-16, 07:03 PM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I am at my most motivated in the colder months.
I hear you Bubbles - difficult to stay motivated when nearly the entire summer has been hot and humid. Counting the days till Fall!
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-16, 07:51 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I've had great success with heavy weights, as Bubbles mentioned dry brushing (and it is not painful at all), a lot of outdoor bicycle rides, and rebounding (mini trampoline), I wasn't trying to reduce the cellulite, so it was great to see the improvement on that area as a side bonus, my legs looked lean and tone and the cellulite was barely noticeable.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-16, 08:22 PM  
muggle

sorry for my ignorance but what's dry brushing? Is it like massage?
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-16, 08:48 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I also do dry brushing every day. It is very gentle and actually extremely pleasant, helps me wake up in the AM! It is supposed to help with cellulite which I can't really say it has or hasn't, after over a year I think it has helped my skin but haven't had 'dramatic' results per se. It doesn't actually reduce cellulite but the appearance of cellulite by making the skin more smoothed out.

Hi muggle, dry brushing is using a nature bristle brush (there's brushes just for this purpose) and brushing it lightly on your dry skin, towards your heart. So up your legs, down your arms, etc. Brushing on the soles of your feet, armpits, back of knees is supposed to help your lymph system.
Old 08-27-16, 02:18 PM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Cathe's Xtrain and dry skin brushing. My cellulite was nearly non-existent. I say nearly because I have a bit butt. But it's creeping up on me again. The cellulite, not the butt. So I may be going in for another Xtrain rotation in the new year or when it starts to get colder. I am at my most motivated in the colder months.
Is there a particular XTRAIN you'd recommend? Do you dry brush every day? I should look into that as its a lot less scary then the deep tissue massage stuff.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body acceptance, body image, cellulite