Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-14, 08:22 AM  
aquakat

My surprising Fe Fit Challenge results

Just finished up the 28-day, 6-days a week, 30-minutes per day Fe Fit Shape Up for Summer Challenge.

I'm really surprised by my results.

Before After

Weight
141 135.5

Waist
30.5 28

Hips
37.5 36

Thighs
22 21

I'm 49, peri-menopausal (I must be, right, I'm 49?) and this is the best my abs have looked in years. And what's really surprising is that I didn't clean up my diet at all. I still had wine with dinner every night, chocolate every day, and plenty of cheese. I also went on a beach trip with my sisters and nieces that involved lots of beer and chips on the beach. (I did take the Fe Fit workouts with me.)

I've been exercising consistently for decades, and I consider myself solidly, happily intermediate. I mostly do Jessica Smith, the Firm, and Zumba.

I'm a little baffled that I got such great results from these short workouts, but I'll take them! In addition to the pounds and inches lost, I can tell I'm a lot stronger -- I'm holding planks much longer and doing lots more push-ups on my toes. My shoulders, especially my rear delts, got so much stronger -- my posture is definitely better. I mostly used two-pound weights, so maybe it was all the bodyweight exercises?

I definitely recommend the Fe Fit set!

Alison
aquakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 08:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Congrats Alison!! Really great results. I have the set and haven't used it yet but plan to get to it sooner rather than later hopefully. I love reading posts like yours. Thanks for sharing!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 08:26 AM  
sharkee

Alison

So glad you saw great results, I guess I need to give Fe Fit another try. I bought it when they had they great sale and have just not clicked with it, maybe I will get it out and try it again
Old 06-11-14, 08:37 AM  
Coastal Girl

Congrats Alison! Thanks so much for posting this. I have Fe Fit and really need to give them a shot, have only done a couple of the workouts.
Coastal Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 08:44 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquakat View Post
I still had wine with dinner every night, chocolate every day, and plenty of cheese. I also went on a beach trip with my sisters and nieces that involved lots of beer and chips on the beach.
You are living my ideal life.

Anyway, congrats on the results!
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 08:48 AM  
toomuchjoy

What wonderful results! Congrats!

I'm curious...you said you were solidly intermediate. Before you did this rotation were you working out consistently 6 days a week?

Thanks so much for sharing....
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 08:52 AM  
laurajhawk

Wow - sounds like a magic program!! Yes, I also want to know if you were working out consistently before. Sometimes, for me, doing a written rotation "works" because it makes me more consistent ... not that there's anything wrong with that!! Congratulations on your results!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 08:59 AM  
aquakat

Hmmm, in my mind I was working out very consistently 5-6 days a week, but looking back on my exercise logs, I was actually working out 4 days a week previously. Typically longer than 30 minutes, but fewer days.

Alison
aquakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 09:12 AM  
toomuchjoy

Thanks Alison! Again...awesome job!

You've motivated me to do the Summer Challenge starting on Monday!
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 09:48 AM  
Ann1964

That is great
I sent in my before pictures, but sadly no results since I missed to many workouts.
I think I shall attempt it again.
I love the workouts.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fe fit, fe fit success