Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-21, 11:21 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I am glad to see this. I feel a bit validated .
I was happy for you when I saw this thread! I hope you can get a set so we can read your review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star117 View Post
well, now I feel like this is something I need to try! LOL
I had no interest in this set (I don't remember even reading anything about this set before the recent talk of it), but I think I'll have to give them a try sometime. I did a Google search and the full workouts are available online.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 11:39 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I was happy for you when I saw this thread! I hope you can get a set so we can read your review.

I had no interest in this set (I don't remember even reading anything about this set before the recent talk of it), but I think I'll have to give them a try sometime. I did a Google search and the full workouts are available online.
Oh yeah, they are! Bubbles, now you can indulge your curiosity I googled Baladea Full Workout and it took me to a few of the clips. If you add the name of the workout - i.e. Baladea Power Full Workout - it should give you the Daily Motion videos in the search results. The names of the workouts are Power, Boost, Flow, Fusion, Yoga and Slim. There is also Calm, which is meditation, I think.
Old 04-09-21, 11:43 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
Oh yeah, they are! Bubbles, now you can indulge your curiosity I googled Baladea Full Workout and it took me to a few of the clips. If you add the name of the workout - i.e. Baladea Power Full Workout - it should give you the Daily Motion videos in the search results. The names of the workouts are Power, Boost, Flow, Fusion, Yoga and Slim. There is also Calm, which is meditation, I think.
I just googled "Baladea" and they came up
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 09:28 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I bought the Baladea set on Amazon few years ago for about $15. I tried one of the workouts and I too, thought it was bad in every respect although the packaging was really attractive. Now, having read Patti S post, I'm going to have go back and try Power, Flow and Fusion workouts. Yes, I still have this set and not only because nobody else wanted it but also because for some reason I'm compelled to keep all the DVDs I've ever purchased.
Ditto!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 10:46 AM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I just googled "Baladea" and they came up
Haha, I do tend to overspecify when I Google
Old 04-10-21, 01:53 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

For some reason, I've never opened any Baladea threads. Naturally, I looked it up and saw the DailyMotion links.

I watched some of the Power one. It looks OK to me. As usual, I'd have to modify it a lot to defer to my damage. (I have to modify ALL of my workouts anymore.)

It's ironic that the set was so expensive and now it's free online.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 03:57 PM  
BarbV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I bought the Baladea set on Amazon few years ago for about $15. I tried one of the workouts and I too, thought it was bad in every respect although the packaging was really attractive. Now, having read Patti S post, I'm going to have go back and try Power, Flow and Fusion workouts. Yes, I still have this set and not only because nobody else wanted it but also because for some reason I'm compelled to keep all the DVDs I've ever purchased.
I also bought it on Amazon at $15 a few years ago. The thing that convinced me to buy was that Kristin was one of the exercisers and I love her. Well, I did the cardio workout first (whatever it was called) and immediately put it in my donation pile. I couldn't believe how out of synch the workout was - it didn't match the beats of the music and I got so (perhaps irrationally) angry and frustrated! You can tell they spent so much money on the production and the routine was just awful. They should have had Kristen lead it - she's an awesome dancer. I know - this is supposed to be a Baladea (sounds suspiciously like Bad Idea) support thread but this brought up old painful memories .
BarbV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 04:06 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbV View Post
I know - this is supposed to be a Baladea (sounds suspiciously like Bad Idea) support thread but this brought up old painful memories .
Bad Idea... That's too funny!!
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 06:41 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
I also bought it on Amazon at $15 a few years ago. The thing that convinced me to buy was that Kristin was one of the exercisers and I love her. Well, I did the cardio workout first (whatever it was called) and immediately put it in my donation pile. I couldn't believe how out of synch the workout was - it didn't match the beats of the music and I got so (perhaps irrationally) angry and frustrated! You can tell they spent so much money on the production and the routine was just awful. They should have had Kristen lead it - she's an awesome dancer. I know - this is supposed to be a Baladea (sounds suspiciously like Bad Idea) support thread but this brought up old painful memories .
Yep, agreed. The cardio one, Boost I think? I Joni O’d that one about 5 minutes in. Left a bad taste in my mouth for some time on the entire set.

Just Don’t Even Bother with adding music for cardio if it doesn’t sync to the music, one would think that would be a given in workouts!
Old 04-10-21, 08:34 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
I think that one is Slim, maybe? The one where they kind of build cardio combos? I thought that one looked really bad.

If it's Boost, which is more just cardio drills, I liked the look of that one on preview, but I haven't actually done it yet

Tags
baladea, holly perkins, music off option