Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-21-13, 01:31 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicavi View Post
I suppose that means you're not track-addicted either?! My daughter got on tracks, now she can't go back. She may take a break for a week or so but she goes back on tracks, albeit short. However, she doesn't workout per se. She's been genetically blessed to still be a size 0-1 after baby. I wonder if people who wear tracks think twice about working out as well. It seems like quite a few that have posted here are wearing natural styles. I've been on the creamy crack since 17 or so. Today is a bad hair day for me. My hair did not stay smooth under my wrap last night and it's starting to cry out for some creamy crack again.
lol no. No weaves or anything. My hair is super strong and healthy. I love it!!!! As much as I love nice hair styles if given a choice of hair style or working out, I will just tie it all down and wear a scarf. Now I am a scarfaholic really bad! Love those!
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-13, 08:28 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuckles View Post
I don't really have a lot of favorite products except Qhemet. I do keep Shea Butter, Olive Oil and Castor Oil. For conditioners, I use Aubreys and other stuff like greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar rinse, etc . . .

I guess everyone is different, but I'll use clarifying shampoo on my hair if I used a lot of gels or petroleum/mineral oil products. I don't like to have my hair squeaky clean. If you clarify a lot, her shampoo is a good choice.

I hope you like her products. If not, PM me and I'll take them off your hands,
Just reviving this semi-old thread to let you know that my hair is loving the Qhemet products. The Burdock Root Butter Cream is going to become a staple, no doubt, as one of my daily moisturizers. The Moringa Ghee is going to become one of my staple leave-in conditioners. I really had no idea there was a growing industry of small businesses producing really nice, natural, hair care products.

Has anyone tried anything from Silk Dreams or Darcy's Botanicals? I've got a few products from each that I am going to try over the next month to see which ones I like.

Thanks for recommending Qhemet!
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-13, 09:14 PM  
Snuckles

Thanks for letting me know I was thinking that I'd eventually PM you.

I know nothing about Silk Dreams or Darcy's Botanicals but would love to hear your thoughts, especially compared to Qhemet.
Old 12-28-20, 07:01 PM  
Butterflygurl

Are any of you ladies still active on VF?

I am reviving this old thread. I'm wondering if any of you ladies who indicated you're natural are still active. I got pretty good with the twist outs during the first part of quarantine. Then in June, I went back to my stylist for flat ironed styles. With the increase in the spread of COVID-19, I'm back to doing my hair. I prefer to not try to use heat when I'm doing my own hair. Because it's heat trained at the ends, I can't do a wash and go. Any suggestions on styles and products?
Old 12-28-20, 08:08 PM  
bubbles76

Still active I don't know what to do with heat trained ends though. My suggestion is to use twists and regularly moisturize the hair while in twists. I went 8 months without getting my ends trimmed. When I was finally able to trim my ends, my stylist told me that the low manipulation is what saved my hair.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 07:37 AM  
Butterflygurl

Thanks, bubbles76

My stylist told me the same. I think I need to just commit maintaing natural hair. Thanks!
Old 01-10-21, 10:35 AM  
Calistro

I am another one with natural hair.

I wore different hair extension braids for over 30 years and finally let go of them last year as they caused my lovely long hair to dry out and thin out. I had to cut a lot off. Now that I am older it does not grow as fast.
People used to say why do you wear extensions and your hair is long? It was more for the convenience due to my busy schedule. I also had the problem of working out with natural hair. hence the braids.
Now I wear lace wigs whilst I have been treating my hair with steaming, moisturising, conditioning with castor oil etc.
I workout at home so I can just wear a hair band over my natural hair, and when I go to work, my wig is on due to working at the hospital and covid I can just wash the wig. The benefit of a wig for me is that I can take them off when I get bored and go back to natural when I want to. I no longer use heat on my own hair.

I don't wear weaves or use glue on my lace. So far my hairline is intact.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hair, natural hair