Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-09-18, 10:27 AM  
horusosiris

I did this workout today. This one is a real winner. Yes, there is hardly any TIFTT and I loved that. The workout contained a nice variety of moves and they were easy to follow. The addition of the light weight work was an added bonus and the nice stretch at the end was good. There is a slight break after the cardio, if you just want to do the just cardio component and not the core, strength and stretch segment. I agree with Sherry that the smaller room with the blue backdrop was not distracting or bothersome for me in the least.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-18, 08:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thank you both for the reviews! I'm so relieved that the cell is not a distraction while you are actually working out with her.

Amen to less TIFT'ing! It didn't bother me too much in her other routines, but by the last one or two blocks I'd have to modify with my own thing out of boredom and just do what felt good to the music.

Sherry - I did the BFTV1 Power workout the other day that has planks and twists. I wasn't up for even a regular plank so I got on my back and substituted the Pilates crisscross and a few regular crunches. Hope that helps.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-18, 09:29 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Thank you both for the reviews! I'm so relieved that the cell is not a distraction while you are actually working out with her.

Amen to less TIFT'ing! It didn't bother me too much in her other routines, but by the last one or two blocks I'd have to modify with my own thing out of boredom and just do what felt good to the music.

Sherry - I did the BFTV1 Power workout the other day that has planks and twists. I wasn't up for even a regular plank so I got on my back and substituted the Pilates crisscross and a few regular crunches. Hope that helps.

Pat, thanks for the idea! The core section is short, so it isn't a big deal. I think may do standing ab work I remember from Margaret Richard instead

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-18, 09:33 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I did S2E1 Confidence this morning. Overall I liked it. I haven't done Bellyfits in a while and I forgot what feel-good workouts they are and they do wonders for my lower back.

I agree that this episode has a lot less TIFT'g and that the "cell" was not a distraction at all and the stretches at the end felt really nice. I like planks and have no problem doing them but I don't quite get the purpose of the move of holding light weights while doing hip circles towards the end. Didn't do anything for me. This was a nice episode especially for light days, but there are other in Season 1 that I like better. Can't wait to see what episode 2 is like.
Old 09-12-18, 08:18 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I tried Confidence for the first time last night and absolutely loved it. The room didn't bother me at all. It was so much fun and the time flew. I subbed my toughest back PT exercise for the twisty planks.

Even though I kept it low and did it barefoot on my yoga mat, my Fitbit registered a solid 17 minutes of aerobic activity, with heart rate above 120 and peaks to 138. While smiling!

I think holding the dumbbells while doing the figure eight isolations is a tactile function to keep you from unconsciously swaying the upper body while focusing on the hip movement.

Looking forward to episode 2!
Old 09-13-18, 06:27 AM  
Rhonda

I know this was probably asked but I don't recall. Is this just for streaming or was she going to put out DVDs too?

I haven't done Bellyfit in quite a while so not sure if I want to pay for it or not. I know still deciding, pretty soon the payment will go up.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-18, 06:28 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I know this was probably asked but I don't recall. Is this just for streaming or was she going to put out DVDs too?

I haven't done Bellyfit in quite a while so not sure if I want to pay for it or not. I know still deciding, pretty soon the payment will go up.

She no longer releases dvds. They are download and streaming only.

Old 09-15-18, 09:43 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Episode 2, Pleasure is up. I scanned through. The meditation, warmup and cardio are about 26 minutes altogether. Again Alice uses the dumbbells while performing hip isolations, and there are more traditional exercises - lunges with bicep curls and twisting V-sit holding them in front of the abs. I like the looks of the yoga section, focus is hip openers. There's an elbow plank and a full plank.

The cardio seems to be familiar exercises, but the workout wraps up nice and neat, with great music - can't wait to try it!
Old 09-21-18, 06:12 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter

you all are tempting me to get this set! how would you rate these workouts? lighter day workouts or somewhat moderate? I stream a lot these days, but may need to download these. how large are the files? TIA!!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-18, 06:56 AM  
sherry7899

I would say moderate but I don't do really hard workouts. The size of the files are listed-she gives you four different options of SD and HD (two options of each). I don't know if you can see the size before purchasing. I will check later.

Tags
bellyfit, bellyfit tv, bellyfit tv season 2