Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-17-18, 06:22 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
Got the hooks but don't feel secure using them. For hanging I can't quite relax enough to let my wrists hold more weight.

Using them for curls, I fear the dumbbells will slip out if I lift much higher than horizontal. Palms always have to be facing up so there is limited use for these hooks.
I don’t know if this will help. I don’t allow my wrists wraps of the hooks to take a lot of my weight. I just allow the hooks to assist me in holding the bar. They end up being more of a tool than a crutch and I’m actually able to do the Hangs without the hooks now.

I personally would never use them for curls or actually anything other than dead hanging. What I can lift is what I can lift.

Judith, thanks for the links. I’ll check them out. It’s funny about the 4&5th digits. I’ve actually noticed that. It’s one reason I can’t imagine using the hooks with a solid plastic hook. My 4&5th fingers “need” to hold onto the bar for me to feel secure.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-18, 06:54 AM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

Has anyone used hand grippers to increase their strength? Pavel again: he insists that the two greatest ways one can increase one's strength is ab work and grip work. He recommends the IronMind "Captains". (I never got handgrippers like that because I never knew what strength I should get and was more interested in working my fingers (for piano) and so I got a couple of "Power Web" exercisers.)

Tags
pull up bands, pull up help, pull ups, pull-ups