Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-17, 08:17 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Thank you! She does not live nearby enough to do something together. Maybe we can plan a visit at some point. Concerts are hard for her because she went to so many with her sister.

I am also a Michael Franti fan- glad to see another one here.
Ah, sorry! You probably mentioned the geography issue but I read earlier and completely spaced. Love me some Michael Franti -- not just his music but his soul.
bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-17, 01:36 AM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Ah, sorry! You probably mentioned the geography issue but I read earlier and completely spaced. Love me some Michael Franti -- not just his music but his soul.
And I thought I was the only one jamming Michael Franti. I'm in good company around here.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-17, 02:08 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
Does she like to read? When I am not feeling good, it is nice to get lost in an easy to read & entertaining book, such as a romance or mystery.
audio books would be a good one.

Sherry, bless you for doing this for your friend, and prayers to your friend and her family.

on the hair loss - i strongly recommend contacting the American Cancer Society - they were an audit client of mine and i am familiar with their many services. i am also a benefactor of the ACS. they visited my good friend in the privacy of her home to let her try on wigs. that friend and her husband were cracking up laughing as she was trying on all kinds of wigs at home. she found a really, really beautiful wig from them - all free of charge.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-17, 04:59 AM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

Adult coloring books and a set of color pencils!
The scent of markers are a problem for some
Old 12-04-17, 08:13 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
And I thought I was the only one jamming Michael Franti. I'm in good company around here.
I only discovered him in the last few years along with Matisyahu. I heard Matisyahu's song "One Day" in the Soil Sweat streaming dance workouts on powhow.com. When I looked him up on Amazon Michael Franti came up as a suggestion.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-17, 08:52 AM  
donnamp

Sherry - Everyone has given great suggestions, I'm sorry to hear about all the troubles your friend has faced! I will be sending prayers for her and her family during this time.........

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-17, 09:00 AM  
Cybersparkle

Sherry, so sorry to hear about your friends troubles, my heart goes out to her & hope she gets well soon.

How about a day pass at a spa or massage gift certificate? One year I surprised my Mom on her b-day. Gave her an address without letting her know what it was, she went on a day off & was surprised with massage session. Your friend may really need some pampering to help with stress relief.

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf! ~Jon Kabat-Zinn
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-17, 10:34 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I only discovered him in the last few years along with Matisyahu. I heard Matisyahu's song "One Day" in the Soil Sweat streaming dance workouts on powhow.com. When I looked him up on Amazon Michael Franti came up as a suggestion.
Very fun that there is sort of a VF connection with your discovery. You know he sometimes does Jessica Smith youtube workouts, right? That was discussed here a while back. I think about it all the time.

He is a fan and friend to the morning radio show I listen to, so he's been on it for years and I feel like I really know all of them.
bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-17, 12:44 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Very fun that there is sort of a VF connection with your discovery. You know he sometimes does Jessica Smith youtube workouts, right? That was discussed here a while back. I think about it all the time.

He is a fan and friend to the morning radio show I listen to, so he's been on it for years and I feel like I really know all of them.
I did not know that! How cool! I meant to write soul sweat-have to love autocorrect.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I did not realize how hard it is to find unscented items, but I did (soap, lotion, chapstick). I could not find straight ginger tea. They all had lemon, which I think the acidity would make her feel worse. I did find ginger peach tea for digestion/nausea so hopefully that will be helpful. I picked up some other items as well and will send everything later in the week. I will probably bake something also.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-17, 02:14 PM  
bubbles76

Sherry, I am sorry that your friend is going through this. You are such a sweetheart to send the care package. I am sure it will lift her up! I don't pray much, but you and your friend are in my prayers. I like the ideas that everyone has submitted so far. Do you think that your friend would like Ginger tea with Jasmine? Tazo makes a Gingerly Jasmine tea that is fantastic! I take it when my stomach is acting up. Also, you may want to try the baby sections of some grocery stores as they may have straight up ginger tea or ginger candies.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote