Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-30-16, 09:39 AM  
sherry7899

In the 1970s my parents had some odd exercise thing that I can't even describe. It was material stretched across a frame that you would lie down on your back and then use your ab muscles to push down so it would move into this shape ^ and then push up so the frame would go like an inverted triangle.
I don't think it really did anything. I think I used to lie on it and read We had a huge rec room that was converted from a two plus car garage, so we had all sorts of odd equipment. We then moved to a townhouse, so we got rid of it all except for an old orange upright Schwinn and a weight bench (it was gold-it was the 1970's)

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-16, 10:13 AM  
andtckrtoo

Anyone remember this? I had one that I used a bit then it became a clothes rack

Old 12-30-16, 10:25 AM  
muffins135

My husband purchased a Nordic Track like the one in this article a couple of months ago. We had an elliptical that he used everyday until our home burnt down in May of this year. He wanted something so that he could workout indoors during winter here in Fort McMurray. He has run marathons, triathlons, including Ironman, and he thinks the Nordic Track is a great piece of equipment and it's a far superior workout to an elliptical. It's light, doesn't take up much space and is easy to move.
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-16, 11:06 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Christine, I had a Heath Rider. It might still be in the shed for all I know.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-16, 11:54 AM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post

i have one in the basement!
Old 12-30-16, 12:13 PM  
JENILU

Y'all are so funny!! that pic- is it the thing that just goes up and down? I had one!! I lasted about 3 or 4 minutes a day on it, lol It was supposed to give me a fitness model body, but it didn't, lol.

I also, at that time had something called Freestyle and it was poles attached to a base. The VHS that came with it had several lower body WO's that were a lot of longes, but those poles kinda helped keep you stable I guess? Anyway., i liked it at the time. I think it had been on clearence at HSN.I thinkit was supposed to give me a fitness model body too

LOVED remembering how stuff was gold in the 70's!! I almost forgot. I have no idea what you are talking about, Sherry, on that thing your parents used tho, lol. Need a pic!!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-16, 01:46 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post

OMG- I just used this over the holidays! My parents have one in their finished basement shoved in the corner. Every time I go to visit I have to use it! I had a friend lose a lot of weight using this!
Old 12-30-16, 01:49 PM  
sherry7899

Jen-I have no clue what the name of that thing was, and I never saw it at anyone else's house either! I'll have to ask my older sister if she remembers if it had a name. It lurked in the corner next to our ping pong table-could I recall the 1970's any more than that

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-16, 03:59 PM  
killoffsonny

I remember the gym I belonged to in the 90s had two of the Nordic Tracks. I also remember the first time I tried using........weird. But I got the hang of it.
Old 12-30-16, 04:01 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=JENILU;2683918]

I also, at that time had something called Freestyle and it was poles attached to a base. The VHS that came with it had several lower body WO's that were a lot of longes, but those poles kinda helped keep you stable I guess? Anyway., i liked it at the time. I think it had been on clearence at HSN.I thinkit was supposed to give me a fitness model body too

I have them in the shed. Lunge poles so we could lunge every direction and not lose our balance. We lost our money on those.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote