Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-16, 06:58 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I loved the Nordic skier also !! I thought it was a great workout. I enjoyed the rhythm of it. I once joined a gym specifically because it had a skier there.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-16, 07:05 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirlinFl888 View Post
I didn't think the Nordic machine was bad either! I also know a woman with bad knees and not in great health using the Gazelle to get a great workout. She ended up losing about 16 lbs. She wanted to do more traditional workouts but she had knees issues and arthritis.
I liked the Gazelle I used to have, even if the guy selling it, Tony Little, was over the top. I owned a Gazelle before I became a VF member back when I only had two fitness tapes (both Firms). I couldn't bring it with me when I moved to another part of the country. The person who ended up with my Gazelle was ecstatic. Nowadays I wouldn't have the space for it. It was fun while I had it though.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-16, 07:06 PM  
furmomof6

Ha ha, my mother just told me last week that she found my old "thigh contraption" (aka: thigh master).

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-16, 07:26 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I still use the Gazelle. I have one with resistance inside and one without resistance outside. And just got rid of one that was weather beaten but still working. With a replaced knee and a bad back the Gazelle is much better than the elliptical or a bike. I'd use the Nordic Track skier if I still had it.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-16, 10:57 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcritters View Post
I still use the Gazelle. I have one with resistance inside and one without resistance outside. And just got rid of one that was weather beaten but still working. With a replaced knee and a bad back the Gazelle is much better than the elliptical or a bike. I'd use the Nordic Track skier if I still had it.
Is it more comfortable to use than an elliptical? I feel really weird and uncomfortable on ellipticals. think its my inner ears/ center of gravity, but whatever it is, I do not like it at all. you make me wonder if this feels different?

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-16, 02:41 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I never heard of the Hawaii Chair.

It would be fun to have a VF get-together and bring our old portable equipment. I have a few, like the Ab Roller and The Body Wedge!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-16, 05:19 AM  
nckfitheart

Lol Hawaii chair --- Never knew such equipment existed!

I did own 3 and 4. Gave both away! It was a waste of precious time and money.
nckfitheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-16, 07:47 AM  
PhyllisG

Ellen and the Hawaii chair is too funny. Looks like you could be flung right off it.

The Thigh Master is actually from the sixties...before Suzanne Somers. I know because I had one before I left home. Took it with me.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-16, 09:17 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Is it more comfortable to use than an elliptical? I feel really weird and uncomfortable on ellipticals. think its my inner ears/ center of gravity, but whatever it is, I do not like it at all. you make me wonder if this feels different?
The Gazelle is more comfortable for me. It has the feel of a skier except you have bigger range of motion if your body can handle it. Mine can't. I can get my heart rate up without reinjuring something and that matters to me. The range of motion on an elliptical is set and isn't adjustable. Maybe that's why the Gazelle works for me.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-16, 09:30 AM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

the shake weight still makes me giggle

(the South Park episode did NOT help!)

the nordic track and gazelle seem useful