VF Supporter

Cathe's High Reps (I think)

Cathe's Lower Body Blast

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-16, 10:26 AM  
AnMrsDe

Thanks again, everyone! I am going to include them during my PT time in the next few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg39 View Post
I think Supercuts has a segment where you place the band above the knee? Not positive...

I'm glad you posted this question. I've had hip bursitis for several months but all my dr has offered me is a cortisone shot. I'll have to try doing some of these segments this week.
meg39, I hope these exercises help us! A little off topic, but a stretch that has been wonderful for my hips and with my modification, it includes all the stretches my therapist recommends. It's on Michelle Goldstein's You Tube Heart Alchemy Yoga site: Yin Yoga https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCv4tagvnXg

I modify the butterfly poses (those seem to bother my hips) with bridge work, which the therapist told me to include in my stretching. But otherwise, I use a stretchy band like Michelle instructs and my legs/hips feel fabulous afterward. I'm glad to have a stretch to follow along with that include the exercises I should be doing on a regular basis.

Hope you find relief soon!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-16, 11:46 AM  
meg39

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Thanks again, everyone! I am going to include them during my PT time in the next few weeks.

meg39, I hope these exercises help us! A little off topic, but a stretch that has been wonderful for my hips and with my modification, it includes all the stretches my therapist recommends. It's on Michelle Goldstein's You Tube Heart Alchemy Yoga site: Yin Yoga Deep Relaxation: Hips, Hamstrings for Runners, Cyclists, and Athletes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCv4tagvnXg

I modify the butterfly poses (those seem to bother my hips) with bridge work, which the therapist told me to include in my stretching. But otherwise, I use a stretchy band like Michelle instructs and my legs/hips feel fabulous afterward. I'm glad to have a stretch to follow along with that include the exercises I should be doing on a regular basis.

Hope you find relief soon!
Thanks so much! I will give this a try. Good luck to you finding relief as well
meg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-16, 01:39 PM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

Quote:
Hi there, I am drawing a blank about which Cathe dvd's (no Cathe Lives, please) have the firewalker band segments? I was recently diagnosed with hip bursitis and during my PT visit yesterday, I was so happy to realize the exercises my therapist had me do are the exact same ones in Flex Train's Leg/Firewalker segment! The only difference was that I need to put the band above my knees instead of around my ankles. Since it's only 5 min or so, it'll be easy to tack those on at home as an add-on.

I'm aware there is also one in Crossfire. Are there others?

Thanks so much!
Thank you for asking this!
My pt just added them to my weekly torture...er.. Therapy
Old 08-30-16, 09:30 AM  
AnMrsDe

Good luck to you, NoraKate!
Old 08-30-16, 09:49 AM  
Aunt Famous

I just did Lean Legs and Abs this morning, so I figured I'd chime in on exactly what the band work was there.

It is fairly short -- maybe 10 minutes -- and begins with lateral zig-zag steps and skaters (four steps up/skaters/four steps back/skaters). You then hit the floor for something that I didn't want to do (and Cathe encourages you to sub if it's a problem), so I did side-lying clams. The floor work with bands is side lying leg lifts (toes pointed then toes flexed), then leg externally rotated (toes pointed then toes flexed). There may be some alternating point/flex in there, too.

Hope this helps.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-16, 09:56 AM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

Quote:
Good luck to you, NoraKate!
Thank you!
Much needed

And i love my ice pack
Old 08-31-16, 10:29 AM  
AnMrsDe

Thanks, AF, for the breakdown. Of all the Cathe's I have sitting on my shelf, Lean Legs & Abs isn't among them. :/ But I do know that clams are good therapy for my legs/hips, so I will be adding those into the mix of exercises. And any exercises where I can lay on the floor is a plus, so thanks!

I'm going to dust off my Winsor's Buns & Thighs dvd, too, (reminder from another thread), which include lots of clam and floor work....

Tags
band, cathe, cathe firewalker band, firewalker, firewalker band