Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-14, 09:36 PM  
SueT

Lateral Meniscus Tear Surgery

Hi, everyone. I finally got to see the orthopedist today, and he told me I'm going to need surgery to remove part of my lateral meniscus in my right knee because it's a bucket handle tear. The problem with a meniscus tear like this is that one wrong move with the knee can cause your knee to lock into place, which has happened to me twice in the past month or two. I hurt my knee on April 12th, and at first my primary doctor didn't think there was anything serious wrong with my knee because it was so stable. Unfortunately, it didn't heal like it should have in a month, so then there was the wait for the insurance with an X-ray, and then the wait for the MRI.

Have any of you had this kind of surgery before? I feel better after talking to the doctor that this kind of surgery doesn't have a long recovery time. He told me I could even put weight on the leg right after surgery, and it would only require 2 or 3 weeks of physical therapy. I hope that's accurate! It's been killing me to not be able to work out.

Any success stories or encouragement will be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meniscus, meniscus tear