Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-27-20, 09:37 AM  
fanofladyvols

What is the deal with fitness DVDs priced for hundreds of dollars on eBay?

Does anyone know? I saw it once, and thought it was just a typo. I hit upon it so often, I'm sure there's a reason ?

These aren't hard to find, or out of print, or international shipping..just odd.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's an eBay ID # 264456969452

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.

Last edited by fanofladyvols; 08-27-20 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Yipes clarity
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 10:35 AM  
bubbles76

I don't know how to search on eBay by eBay ID, sorry. But I have heard that this can happen sometimes as a result of an algorithm. The prices are automatic based on some factor or other. Has happened on Amazon too.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 11:09 AM  
fanofladyvols

Hey bubbles, if you copy/paste that ID number in the search bar once you're in eBay, it should pull up.

But that's interesting..never realized that was in play... thanks!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 11:18 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

If you ask me it's just greed and people over pricing OOP or hard to find workouts.
I have searched for Les Mills workouts often and they can go for $100+!!! Same with any discontinued products - people really jack up the prices and it's not very nice.

I sell on eBay occasionally and I set my own prices.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 12:24 PM  
bubbles76

Thanks Linda, never knew that Off to check that one out hee hee.

ETA: oh Linda, that has to be an algorithm thing lol! You can get this dvd used for much, much less.

Yes KateTT you are probably right about that too. I've seen the Zuzka kettlebell dvds selling for (to me) outright silly prices. There are TONS of kettlebell dvds now. I'm not about to pay that much.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 01:14 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

KateTTI agree it's most often greed. Seller isn't in any hurry to sell, apparently, and hopes that somewhere out there someone will pay $100+ for a single DVD or VHS recording that can be purchased elsewhere for much less. I did find an old one I was looking for at a very reasonable price, and the transaction went smoothly and I was very happy about it.

Incidentally, when I was watching one of the first CIA videos and Greg was promoting other CIA titles, they were priced at $49.95 each! Wow, those early days! I can't remember what I paid for some of the early titles, but I don't believe it was that much!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvds, ebay, price gouging