Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-23-17, 07:41 PM  
primrosecat

Speaking from ulterior motives, you might post the list on Roost, because some of us might be interested, then donate. I do not deny that I am interested in what you are getting rid of, but, seriously, do what is best for you. Selling dvds is not always easy anymore, considering some of the issues that have cropped up recently. I have a few that I offered on share the wealth, and no one wanted them. I'm thinking of trying to find a women's shelter to donate them to.
primrosecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 07:57 PM  
carly

To streamline my "I may want to revisit that DVD someday pile" I get rid of the case and consolidate the DVD's into a more compact album. Others are donated to Goodwill or the library. At my library I have to specifically request that the DVDs get added to their inventory otherwise they sell them at their monthly yard sale/book sale. I like the idea of the DVD being available for many to try!
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 07:58 PM  
jusca

I'd be interested in the list too.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 10:29 PM  
ellaenchanted

I am going to contact Roleez just in case she would like them. If I count the individual dvds in sets I would say there are around 60-65. Otherwise I am planning on giving them to the library because it would be to big of a sale list to keep track of.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-17, 06:46 AM  
Sandrine

If you wouldn't mind divulging the state in which you live, there might be a vfer who would be willing to come and get them. I did this several years ago with a very generous vfer, with the agreement that I could keep whatever I like and Share the wealth with the rest. It took a while, but that is exactly what happened and many of us enjoyed her discards. I still do!
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-17, 10:02 AM  
maitai

What are Roleez and Roost?
maitai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-17, 10:07 AM  
sherry7899

Roleez is a member of VF who will buy dvds in lots from VF members. She sells them on ebay and probably Amazon.

VF Roost is a private group on Facebook for VF members to sell workouts. You need to be approved by a moderator to join.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-17, 10:08 AM  
carly

Sell or Donate? Don't forget if you itemize on your taxes - a legitimate donation is tax deductible at fair market value. If your bunch is worth $7 on average you will be donating $450 for an actual tax dollar savings of $110 to $150. That is money without the hassle of selling on-line.
Old 08-24-17, 10:27 AM  
bubbles76

Carly that's an excellent idea! Yep, think about that Ella. Whether you donate or sell, you still will get some value.

Otherwise, Sandrine also had an excellent one. I'm in NJ, by the way .
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-17, 10:49 AM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Carly that's an excellent idea! Yep, think about that Ella. Whether you donate or sell, you still will get some value.

Otherwise, Sandrine also had an excellent one. I'm in NJ, by the way .
And yes there is also "value" in "sharing the wealth" with friends! 😊

Tags
donations, dvds4vets.org