Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-22-17, 02:23 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

KCM just posted her first free "Coffey fit RAW" workout on YouTube

Kelly Coffey-Meyer just posted the first of her "Coffey fit RAW" workouts on YouTube. It's called "Upper Body Blast".

It's Kelly working out live, in her basement, playing music on her stereo. She uses a bench, dumbbells and a barbell.

It looks tough! On Instagram she says she's experimenting with this format and the workouts will be "free for now".

I hope her DVD workouts aren't history.
Old 04-22-17, 03:27 PM  
LizEMA

Dawn, thanks so much for posting this! I don't follow her on social media (or anyone ), so, without you, I wouldn't have known about this at all!

And, you're right -- this looks tough. But awesome! I love upper body only workouts, especially with the option to keep it at 30 mins or under. And Kelly has never done anything like this before on her DVDs -- created a pure strength, upper body only workout -- so this is a treat!

(She did have an upper body only premix in her Body Shop, I realize, but that's not the same. )
Old 04-22-17, 04:19 PM  
wendug

Dawn- Thanks for posting this! Glad to have another Kelly workout option! Don't like the dark basement and miss her background ladies, but I will definitely give this a go on my next upper body day!
Old 04-22-17, 04:31 PM  
CharM

Thank you! Since I'm watching, might as well share the moves.

30 seconds on, 10 off; 4 rounds before moving on to next exercise

bench press
shoulder press
chest flys - 15s
lateral raise - 12s
bicep curl w/skaters
squat w/bicep curl jump
bent over row
triceps dips
seated reverse flys - 12s
skull crushers - 10s
ab tucks on bench
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-17, 07:45 PM  
bubbles76

Wish I had her gym setup! It is dark though. I don't blame her for going the streaming route. So many people are.

LizEMA, her Split Sessions is split into upper and lower, IIRC. It's been awhile though. I do remember that it ran closer to 40 minutes with warm up and cool down though.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 07:36 AM  
cyana

I did this work-out this AM. I liked the no frills, get in and get it done structure of the work-out, although I did a 10 minute warm-up prior to starting and some additional stretching at the end.

My arms may fall off before the end of the day. This was tough and I did not go as heavy as KCM.

ETA: To clarify - there is no formal warm-up or cool down, so you'll need to do those on your own. This wasn't an issue for me, nor did I mind the basement setting.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 08:18 AM  
marki64

Looks good! Thanks for posting. I hope she does a lower body one.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 10:19 AM  
Tiny

I completed the workout this morning and the 30 second on 10 second rest for 4 sets of each move was awesome! My upper body is feeling it.

I'm hoping she keeps it free of charge because I certainly won't pay for streaming no matter how much I like her workouts.

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 03:54 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Thank you for the heads up!

I was short on time today after a long dog hike and did this. What a great little workout!! A fryer for sure and time flew by because of the predictable but fast format.

I will use this one again I'm sure. Agreeing with whoever was hoping for a lower body equivalent!!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 06:21 PM  
IceQueen07

THanks for posting. This is a perfect upper workout for me. Hoping also she does a lower body one.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coffeyfit raw, kcm, kcm raw