Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-13, 01:57 PM  
amoodygirl

That's absolutely the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard. But, knowing eBay, you have to return the item to the seller no matter what to get your refund. I would just return it and be done with it. Lesson learned. eBay is not a very safe place and getting worse.

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 02:05 PM  
sherry7899

Wow, that is ridiculous! Why can't they let you take photos of the dvd and submit that to ebay as proof? I am so sorry you're going through this.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 02:06 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

That is completely ridiculous. I have never been asked to file a police report.

(On Amazon they just take your word for it and you get your money back...and you don't have to return the item, either! )

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 02:55 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
I called the # in michl43's post when I had time to hold on the line. They sure don't make it easy. My only 2 options are to send it back to the seller (no way) or take it to a police station. If the police decide it's not genuine, then I'm to request either an affidavit to destroy or a police report. Then I'm to re-contact eBay's "buyer protection service" and find out how to get the affidavit or report to them.

Why don't they just freakin' hold up flaming hoops for me to jump through.

Off to the police station.
Wow... really...?
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 03:01 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

hdw, I couldn't make this up.

Then the young police officer I spoke with was polite but totally clueless. Just asked me did it play. Never heard of DVD-R. Next call is to the District Attorney's office. When I worked there, I used to prosecute counterfeit DVD cases for crying out loud. It's not rocket science.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 03:26 PM  
JanaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
eBay is not a very safe place and getting worse.

Diane
Neither is Amazon. I got Jillian's Killer Abs a while back and just realized yesterday it is a dvd-r when it wouldn't play. I think I'll stick to Collage Video or Total Fitness DVDs from now on.

Anyone selling dvds should know better than to sell dvd-rs unless they clearly state that's what they are. And then, I think the price should be much less, since the quality is lower and they don't last as long.

I hope this ebay seller loses his 100% rating from this incident.
Old 03-18-13, 04:02 PM  
michl43

Try this link at the bottom again and double check the ebay transaction number for accuracy, it should work:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...unterfeit.html
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 04:15 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

mchl43, thanks, it seemed to work this time.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 06:52 PM  
michl43

If she has any of the same DVDs on her active for sale listing, you could also reports those numbers and ebay will probably end those. Also, within an active listing is a link to "report an item" and chose "listing practices" and reason "suspect fraudulent listing"
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-13, 07:55 AM  
Eibhinn

Before you get the DA involved, it might be worth contacting Kali Ray to see whether or not any of her DVDs have ever been released in DVD-R format. Not all DVD-Rs are bootlegs. Some instructors - especially independent producers - release their workouts in that format. If I recall correctly Amazon used to have an on-demand program for smaller demand programs where DVDs were burnt to-order. The earliest copies of Bellyfit Earth were DVD-R, as were the earliest copies of Sara Ivanhoe's Yoga on the Edge (I have one of those). Mary at Totalfitness DVDs has several yoga releases in particular that come in DVD-R format. She doesn't order releases when she knows they come that way, but many fitness producers don't seem to understand the difference.

I only mention this because, as I mentioned earlier, it seems really weird to me that someone would choose to pirate such a poorly known release. Jillian Michaels, Beachbody, Cathe etc. - these are all ripe for pirating as there is a high demand and/or high cost for the releases. It seems a pretty strange choice for someone to bootleg something like Kali Ray I've only ever seen for sale for $5 at WalMart. Maybe worth considering.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bootleg, bootlegs, ebay