Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-12, 04:52 PM  
Irish Eyes

Fitbit vs Fitbit One

Now that the Fitbit One is available I'm seeing some great deals on the previous model and I'm tempted. Are there any major advantages to the One? (I know it's supposed to use Bluetooth and sync easily to a phone or tablet but I've read some reviews saying it doesn't work seamlessly.) So do I need the One or would I do just as well with the previous model? Thanks
Irish Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 05:29 PM  
StephanieF

The reviews for the new one haven't been the greatest, I'm considering getting the previous model. Where are the good deals?
StephanieF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 05:59 PM  
Irish Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieF View Post
Where are the good deals?

It was at Amazon (the Canadian one) as of an hour ago. But now the price is up again I really hate how Amazon does that.
Irish Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 06:07 PM  
gymmom

I think the biggest consideration would be how often you want to look at your data on your dashboard, as opposed to on the fitbit itself. I'm home most of the day, so it is near my computer and synchs periodically throughout the day- and this synchs automatically to my phone apps. Where I used to work I would not have been able to load their software onto my computer - in that case I may have preferred the One. Now that I have had it for awhile I don't check the dashboard nearly as often as I did the first month or so - so just being able to scroll thru and see how close I am to my goal for steps or floors is all I need.
gymmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 06:41 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
The reviews for the new one haven't been the greatest, I'm considering getting the previous model. Where are the good deals?
Reviews? It just shipped.
Old 11-16-12, 09:03 PM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Reviews? It just shipped.
amazon has quite a few reviews, maybe they are preliminary impressions?
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 09:22 PM  
desderata

Quote:
The reviews for the new one haven't been the greatest, I'm considering getting the previous model
On Amazon, the Fitbit One's reviews average 4.3/5, the previous averages 4.0/5
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 09:32 PM  
Gyggles1

Well I am not sure about the Fitbit ONE but my Dog chewed up my fitbit Ultra and I've been a fitbit user since june of 2012 and I emailed them and they sent me out a new Ultra FREE!!!! I am so excited!
Fitbit ROCKS!!!!!

Love this message by Jessica Smith
"every step you take is one step closer to your goal"
Gyggles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 10:56 PM  
StephanieF

Thanks to the fitbit lovefest here, I've been waiting for what seems like forever but is actually only a few months. I want a fitbit. I've scoured blogs and every review I can find to see if the new One would be better than the Ultra. I'm already behind the curve having NO fitbit to compare to! I could not believe when I looked last night & saw over 100 reviews on amazon. According to the reviews, best buy has had them for weeks. If we had a local BestBuy, I would already be wearing the new fitbit right now! An amazon reviewer recommend reading the iTunes reviews, so I did. (I had not planned on using their app--do I have to?) Most of them say there was an update & now it won't sync. From what I have read the problems seem to be: falls out of case, takes 2 usb ports, button too sensitive, registers steps/flights of stairs in a car, sleep not accurate, won't sync with phone. Does that mean only their app? I don't know. Even some of the good reviews list some problems. I don't know what the benefits are over the Ultra with the new one. The silent alarm? No clip?
StephanieF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-12, 12:40 AM  
shoegoddess

I have the Ultra. Two words. LOVE IT!

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitbit