Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-12, 09:07 AM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
agreed! not to mention personal attacks against other members are against wendy's rules and that post most definitely is a personal attack!
It totally wasn't. But whatever. As a seller I shared my experience. That's not a personal attack it's sharing. But I digress. You can't make everyone happy all of the time, no point in worrying about it.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Old 04-22-12, 09:09 AM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
I agree.

I sell on eBay too, and to avoid any misunderstandings, I always go for full disclosure. For example, if a DVD requires a special piece of equipment, I'll spell that out in the description.
LOL! Ok. Again, we can't please everyone. As a seller, it's not my job to research a workout for them. But as a buyer, I expect to know the product I'm buying. But that's me. Not everyone does this apparently.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Old 04-22-12, 09:10 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

OP-I'm glad the situation is working out for you. I agree that the seller is being really generous to refund your money. I also can appreciate how you might have found the listing confusing. It can be very easy to buy in haste on the internet, but it sounds like you've learned a thing or two from this experience.

There was a piece on NPR yesterday about self-published ebooks on Amazon that have titles very, very similar to best-selling published books. People buy them and are disappointed but have no recourse. At least in those cases, the books are only 99 cents.
Old 04-22-12, 09:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Even though the description said a P90X-like system and the OP didn't do enough research, I still think the seller was intentionally trying to mislead people, especially charging that outrageous price for S90 which sells for much, much less! So even though she didn't do anything "legally" wrong, it is a crappy way to do business. She was banking on people mistakenly thinking this was P90X. Crappy, crappy. If she wasn't trying to be shady and misleading, she would have sold it for a price more in line with what it's worth. We're not talking about honest sellers who get stuck refunding money for the buyer's mistake. This seller was intentionally trying to get buyers' to make a mistake!!!! Big difference in my opinion.
Old 04-22-12, 09:51 AM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Even though the description said a P90X-like system and the OP didn't do enough research, I still think the seller was intentionally trying to mislead people, especially charging that outrageous price for S90 which sells for much, much less! So even though she didn't do anything "legally" wrong, it is a crappy way to do business. She was banking on people mistakenly thinking this was P90X. Crappy, crappy. If she wasn't trying to be shady and misleading, she would have sold it for a price more in line with what it's worth. We're not talking about honest sellers who get stuck refunding money for the buyer's mistake. This seller was intentionally trying to get buyers' to make a mistake!!!! Big difference in my opinion.
I don't think the seller was trying to fool people into thinking this was P90x, but rather that buyers wouldn't be familiar with Supreme 90 enough to know it's readily available for $20 retail. I think the seller was banking on the popularity of P90x to think this was a new system that was similar, but at about half the price.

But I can't read a seller's mind, so what do I know.

Glad you got a refund (OP). Perhaps the seller actually has a conscience.
Old 04-22-12, 09:54 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Hmmm. Good point. And she got caught so she's allowing the return? That sort of contradicts her original intention - if you're correct.

Anyway, it's over and done and we can't know anyone's true intentions I guess.
Old 04-22-12, 09:56 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Diane, you're right, I don't know what the seller was actually thinking. But it seems to me if she was using p90x as a reference point only, why didn't she sell it more in line with what S90 was worth, less than $20? It just appears to me, since she sold it for $85, that she was trying to be somewhat misleading. But like you said, I can't read the seller's mind, so I could be completely off.
Old 04-22-12, 10:02 AM  
mspina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve M View Post
Thanks for your insight, even for things that I didn't want to hear....

A couple of things - I don't know what the P90x product is supposed to look like, and I do take responsibility for not doing my homework. BTW, this cost me $85.

I did open a case with the seller, and she is issuing a check. For my part, I am sending the package back to her. I still think the way she is presenting this is borderline misleading.

P.S. - I am in the process of buying the REAL p90x on craigslist. Possibly insanity, too. And I will check the packaging.
Sorry to give you even more bad news, but you are following up one mistake with another. I can guarantee that the BB sets you buy on Craig's list (or eBay) will be counterfeits. Perhaps you will be lucky and they will play fine, but likely some of the discs won't play properly.

If you want a BB set, either look to trade for it here on VF, or buy it legitimately, which means either from BB directly, from a BB Coach, or from QVC. That is the only way BB sells.

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

Old 04-22-12, 10:11 AM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darisa View Post
I find your finger wagging a bit over the top. She got it. No need to rub it in.
I agree. How many times did she have to write in one post that the OP made a mistake.
Old 04-22-12, 10:32 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspina View Post
Sorry to give you even more bad news, but you are following up one mistake with another. I can guarantee that the BB sets you buy on Craig's list (or eBay) will be counterfeits. Perhaps you will be lucky and they will play fine, but likely some of the discs won't play properly.

If you want a BB set, either look to trade for it here on VF, or buy it legitimately, which means either from BB directly, from a BB Coach, or from QVC. That is the only way BB sells.
I agree that's likely 'usually' the case. However, I considered selling my Les Mills on Craig's List so I could sell the barbell along with the DVDs - mine are legit. I sold the DVDs on eBay.
Closed Thread

Tags
bootleg, ebay