Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-12, 04:27 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve M View Post
Am so glad that you all spoke to me about this! I just got off the phone with a craig's list seller who said that his were copies. I said, 'uh, no thanks'. Isn't that copyright infringement?
Yes, it is copyright infringement. It's beyond me why they do it. Ignorance I suppose.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Old 04-21-12, 04:31 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

When it comes to buying Beachbody products, I think you have to buy from Beachbody, Teambeachbody or a BB coach. I buy from Mary at totalfitnessdvds.com. I want to know that I am getting authentic DVDs, and if you buy from Craigslist or Ebay or elsewhere, there is a strong likelihood of getting bootlegs.
Old 04-21-12, 04:37 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Thanks for your insight, even for things that I didn't want to hear....

A couple of things - I don't know what the P90x product is supposed to look like, and I do take responsibility for not doing my homework. BTW, this cost me $85.

I did open a case with the seller, and she is issuing a check. For my part, I am sending the package back to her. I still think the way she is presenting this is borderline misleading.

P.S. - I am in the process of buying the REAL p90x on craigslist. Possibly insanity, too. And I will check the packaging.
I'm glad that it worked out for you.
Old 04-21-12, 05:49 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Thanks for your insight, even for things that I didn't want to hear....

A couple of things - I don't know what the P90x product is supposed to look like, and I do take responsibility for not doing my homework. BTW, this cost me $85.

I did open a case with the seller, and she is issuing a check. For my part, I am sending the package back to her. I still think the way she is presenting this is borderline misleading.

P.S. - I am in the process of buying the REAL p90x on craigslist. Possibly insanity, too. And I will check the packaging.
I'm glad you are getting what you want out of this, your money back. But honestly, she was being VERY nice to give you a refund. It's not her fault that you didn't do your homework and you don't know what P90X looks like or includes. That would be your mistake not the seller. You got the better end of the deal at the end of the day, all I know is that if I was the seller, I'd say sorry, no dice. It's absolutely not misleading to use popular search words in a description. This is exactly why eBay has in bold print on the listing to "READ THE DESCRIPTION". You obviously didn't but now you know for next time. You made a mistake and hopefully in the future you won't do so again. I sell a lot on eBay and have a few people try to knock stars off because they purchased the wrong DVD (Ex: The Firm workouts have similar titles and they bought the wrong title) or bought a DVD that required a piece of equipment that they didn't own (Step or TransFirmer). eBay has always sided with me as a seller because Picture clearly shows what it was and the description information was there- if the buyer didn't read it, then they are out of their money and negative feedback cannot be left to a seller's account if the buyer is in the wrong.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Old 04-21-12, 07:44 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatie View Post
Selling for $63.95? That's an obscene price for this system.
I agree. Supreme 90 is a good system but I have seen Supreme 90 selling for $9.99 these days at Target and other places.
Old 04-21-12, 09:08 PM  
Darisa

I find your finger wagging a bit over the top. She got it. No need to rub it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post
I'm glad you are getting what you want out of this, your money back. But honestly, she was being VERY nice to give you a refund. It's not her fault that you didn't do your homework and you don't know what P90X looks like or includes. That would be your mistake not the seller. You got the better end of the deal at the end of the day, all I know is that if I was the seller, I'd say sorry, no dice. It's absolutely not misleading to use popular search words in a description. This is exactly why eBay has in bold print on the listing to "READ THE DESCRIPTION". You obviously didn't but now you know for next time. You made a mistake and hopefully in the future you won't do so again. I sell a lot on eBay and have a few people try to knock stars off because they purchased the wrong DVD (Ex: The Firm workouts have similar titles and they bought the wrong title) or bought a DVD that required a piece of equipment that they didn't own (Step or TransFirmer). eBay has always sided with me as a seller because Picture clearly shows what it was and the description information was there- if the buyer didn't read it, then they are out of their money and negative feedback cannot be left to a seller's account if the buyer is in the wrong.
Old 04-21-12, 09:31 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darisa View Post
I find your finger wagging a bit over the top. She got it. No need to rub it in.
I agree.

I sell on eBay too, and to avoid any misunderstandings, I always go for full disclosure. For example, if a DVD requires a special piece of equipment, I'll spell that out in the description.
Old 04-21-12, 09:39 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darisa View Post
agreed! not to mention personal attacks against other members are against wendy's rules and that post most definitely is a personal attack!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
Old 04-21-12, 10:28 PM  
ellaenchanted

Aw, I don't Artist was intending to be mean. I think she was just expressing that sometimes buyers on ebay get frustrated because these situations make it harder to find good deals. Sellers don't want the hassle and loss of money. Most people selling on ebay aren't big stores that can afford to take hits.
Old 04-21-12, 11:03 PM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post
I'm glad you are getting what you want out of this, your money back. But honestly, she was being VERY nice to give you a refund. .......

I totally agree.

When "no refund" is spelled out then is part of the contract agreed to when an item is bought.

I've seen good sellers chased off ebay (and I don't know if this seller in particular is good, bad or otherwise) due to this sort of feedback blackmail.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...extortion.html

lesson learned and you'll know better in the future.

Tags
bootleg, ebay