Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-10-22, 12:49 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Mari Winsor Power Sculpting with Resistance (2004)

This is a 25 minute basic workout that is supposed to mimic exercises that are done on a reformer. It was very good and much better than Ana's effort. This Mari workout is the one with the pink cover and is total body, though she has another with an ab focus (purple cover) and a leg focus (green cover.) I use to do the side lying leg series all the time with this and her original "buns & thighs."

Again, not many reps but the sequencing of exercises is much better here. While some of Ana's exercises were awkward while standing, Mari has you kneel and wrap the band around your knees which gives you a greater range of motion with the band for arm exercises. I really need to get more pilates back into my rotation....and like that Mari's workouts are short, so very easy to add on.

Any mention of a reformer makes me long for the days when I had one. But, the Total Gym is an adequate substitute so I may get back on that horse, too! ;-)

Fun retro workouts today!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-22, 08:05 PM  
Leonana

Well, I didn't take the tutoring job. I thought it was one on one reading tutoring, but it was teaching a science class to 20 kids! I know I couldn't handle that, lol.

I had another interview today for lunchtime and hallway duty at a public school in Phoenix. My daughter's roommate is a K teacher there, and recommended me. I was hired! I'm a bit nervous, because they expect you to make friends with the kids, as well as watch them. I'm a bit reserved for that! But I thought I'd give it a go, and see how the job goes. I'll be on my feet from 10-2, M-F, so I don't know how I'll fit in workouts. I'm hoping I have the energy for it! I am excited about it, I so want to get out of the house. It's lonely and boring most of the time.

Donna, the tutoring was an actual paying job. I need some extra money after all I've spent on my mouth stuff! But I guess I won't be able to take any exercise classes. I guess I will try and add something short in the afternoons.
Old 08-11-22, 08:55 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
...teaching a science class to 20 kids!

I'll be on my feet from 10-2, M-F, so I don't know how I'll fit in workouts.
Wow, teaching science (or anything) to TWENTY kids would be too much responsibility for anyone....and too much pressure! Tutoring someone one-on-one would have been better.

The hall/lunchroom monitor sounds much better! I wouldn't be able to stand on my feet for so long, with the pain I'm having right now! I'm sure you'll be just fine with the kids and before you know it you'll be comfortable in that situation.

Congratulations Sherry! That's wonderful and glad you're looking forward to it!

Current Rotation:
Old 08-11-22, 05:07 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Moira Stott Total Body Sculpting Level 2 (2008)

Hi Ladies,

Today was my kayaking day on the Providence river downtown. When I got home I decided to stick with pilates and use the body band for something a bit more relaxing. This is a longer workout (almost an hour) with lots of instruction, but it was good! Nice stretch for the body, as well! But, I added on....

Current Rotation:
Old 08-11-22, 05:18 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Mari Winsor Upper Body Sculpting (2002)

I don't remember using this one much before, but today I liked it! Mari has you using very light (one to two pound) weights and it's a pretty thorough workout. I would normally use three's for this but felt I'd already worked muscles today with kayaking and Moira's workout, too! I'm excited to be trying some of Mari's workouts again and maybe I will do a pilates rotation next month with that being my focus. We'll see, though. So many options! Again, this workout is pretty short (25 minutes or so) and was great! I'm more likely to use Mari's to add-on to another workout and I know why Moira's have sat on the shelf for so long.

Kayaking was nice today. We had a bit of rain between 11am and noon, but very light. It cooled things off and was a real treat. We all went out to eat afterwards at a sandwich place and sat on the patio. Nice scenery of beautiful plants and birds.

Current Rotation:
Old 08-11-22, 05:50 PM  
Leonana

I did my volunteer filing today. It might be the last time, since I hope to start work next week sometime.

I talked to my daughter, and she told me her roommate, who is a K teacher at the school, said I didn't need to make friends with the students. They wouldn't talk to me anyway, lol. They just say that in the interview. That's a relief! They are desperate for help at the moment. The school close to them closed down due to lack of teachers, and they are absorbing the overflow. Arizona is having a teacher shortage too. In fact, I got my fingerprint card really quickly, in five days, most likely they expedited it due to the shortage.

Pam, I'm sorry to hear about your foot pain. Mine is mostly in my mouth, so it doesn't interfere with standing lol. In fact, doing something distracts me so that I don't even notice it. Fortunately, it's subsided quite a bit and I hope it continues to heal. I don't have my full energy back after having shingles, so hopefully I will be able to handle it next week. You know, I have found that the more I do, the less pain I have. I was actually programming my brain to produce more pain signals by not being active. The more I do, the more I reprogram my brain that it's safe, and it doesn't have to send more pain signals. I don't know if that might help you? I did wonder if I should mention it in the thread where the poster had PF for a year. I never know how people will accept it. However, it can be completely due to a physical reason. But if the injury should have healed, but there is still pain, it might be possible to rewire the brain.
Old 08-11-22, 08:43 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
This is a 25 minute basic workout that is supposed to mimic exercises that are done on a reformer. It was very good and much better than Ana's effort. This Mari workout is the one with the pink cover and is total body, though she has another with an ab focus (purple cover) and a leg focus (green cover.) I use to do the side lying leg series all the time with this and her original "buns & thighs."

Again, not many reps but the sequencing of exercises is much better here. While some of Ana's exercises were awkward while standing, Mari has you kneel and wrap the band around your knees which gives you a greater range of motion with the band for arm exercises. I really need to get more pilates back into my rotation....and like that Mari's workouts are short, so very easy to add on.

Any mention of a reformer makes me long for the days when I had one. But, the Total Gym is an adequate substitute so I may get back on that horse, too! ;-)

Fun retro workouts today!
I lurk occasionally and am popping in with a question for you, Pam. Does the Total Gym fold up & store away easily? I've seen some at the thrift store and really want one but I really don't have much space left with all my other equipment. If it can fold up and not take much space when stored I may be able to do it. Thanks! (Plus my PT said it would be fantastic if I could take classes on the reformer which will never happen so... justification! )
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-22, 08:48 PM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, congrats on the new job! I hope you will enjoy it. You know how excited my mom would be for you! Glad to see you're feeling better too.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-22, 09:04 PM  
donnamp

Popping in very quickly to say - congrats, Sherry!! I think the job will be good for you.

I agree with a lot of what you have said about pain. I mean there are definitely physical causes for it - but I think there is a mental component as well and re-training your brain helps. Anyway - I'm glad you are seeing improvement.

Pam -sorry about your foot pain. Yesterday I dropped something on my foot while not wearing shoes (I never wear shoes) and it is bruised now....

today was just a weird day - power went out - my DD drove me a bit crazy w/ how she self-sabotages - like waiting until the last min to register for classes. I guess her penance will be having an 8:00 a.m. class and a 5:30 p.m.class.

I did workout today - but it seems like a long time ago-

Body Kind Fitness - 5,000 step workout - I like her routines - I didnt' get 5K steps
and I did some Lucy Wyndham Read add ons.

I'm wiped out. Off to rest.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-22, 10:00 PM  
Leonana

Thanks everyone, for the well wishes!

Tags
tablet