Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-11-22, 02:44 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Re: the 500 error..... I was pretty amazed it didn't happen to me yesterday. Whenever I have an inkling that I might have that problem I tend to copy the post so I can paste it if I have to.

lavna, I almost never got too sore doing Caroline's workouts, but I could tell I was getting stronger. I think that's part of the reason I like her so much. Seems to work without feeling beat up or getting too hungry -- but to be fair, I was doing her shorter workouts.

kittybug, good mechanical engineering work on the tubing!

Instead of doing Cardio Party, or even CL Cardio Party, this morning, I did CL #262, Cardio HIIT Plus Core. Except for the core section I did my PT exercises, which are largely core stuff. Fun to be "in" Cathe's gym this morning!
Old 08-11-22, 03:58 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hellooo Watulans!

No workout for me today as it was Dental Max (which I'm SO glad is over) and I still have a lot of work to get through, but has anyone done Cathe's Live today? It looks great! So many great ones lately...hope somebody can report.

So wait, Nathalie and Bee, are you saying you don't get winded with Caroline's workouts??? Are you just crazy fierce?? Because just looking at previews, I think I'd be winded, breaks or not. Maybe I'm reading wrong?

Better get to it again...waves to all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-22, 04:18 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh, wow, ChelePA, when is your Lady Gaga concert?? I just saw that someone on FB told Cathe to 'have fun at Lady Gaga'...are you going to be at the same concert?? How cool would that be??

Okay, sorry...back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Old 08-11-22, 05:12 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Hellooo Watulans!

So wait, Nathalie and Bee, are you saying you don't get winded with Caroline's workouts??? Are you just crazy fierce?? Because just looking at previews, I think I'd be winded, breaks or not. Maybe I'm reading wrong?
I certainly didn't say I don't get winded with Caroline's workouts! I did notice that I never seemed to be very sore in my muscles with Caroline's workouts the way I am with Cathe, even though I would lift heavier with Caroline. Maybe it's the shorter duration workouts?

As far as getting winded.... I definitely felt way more winded doing Cathe's LITE (in bold, because, yes, LITE!) Pyramid Pump lower body, and I think it's because Caroline builds in more frequent and longer breaks than Cathe -- Cathe is so nonstop. But that said, Caroline's workouts almost always had my heart rate up there pretty high.

That would be really cool if Chele went to the same Gaga concert as Cathe. We could call it "CaGaChel".

I think I have horrible posture when I sit at the computer (especially being on calls) and my upper back/neck are really sore! Either that or I tweaked something while doing upper body work on the stability ball yesterday.
Old 08-12-22, 12:45 PM  
ChelePA

Yes Lady Gaga was last night. Cathe and Jen were there as well as many peloton instructors. Unfortunately I didn’t run into any of them. The show was amazing! The biggest frustration was our tickets as well as signs all over the stadium saying start time at 7:30 PM. Assumed there would be an opening act. Never happened. She didn’t come on until after 9 PM. It was a long wait but absolutely fabulous concert.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-22, 01:02 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

CaGaPelChel, SO GLAD you had a wonderful time despite the wait! I just wish you had gotten to run into Cathe/Jen or the Peloton peeps.

Old 08-12-22, 01:29 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Wow, that is a long time to wait for a show to start!! And a late night for you. I'll bet it was amazing!!

I was going to do CL Plyo Leg Blast instead of Cardio Leg Blast or whatever was on tap (theoretically for tomorrow, but I was game to do it today) but a friend who I haven't seen in three or four months is just back from England and it worked out for both of us to walk together this morning, so that's what I did. She moved to a new house since I'd seen her, so I got a little tour. It's a huge victorian, originally built in 1880, but recently renovated. Wow, it's amazing! So fun to see it. I'll put Plyo Leg Blast on tap for tomorrow.

Happy Friday!!
Old 08-12-22, 02:54 PM  
ChelePA

Bee… I’m exhausted today. Can’t stay up and party like I used to. Ha ha. We didn’t get home till after 2 AM. This morning I did my Peloton schedule of 10 minutes core and 20 minutes lower body but definitely not all out. Used light weights instead of heavies. Finished with 10 minutes of floor barre.

Saw pictures of Cathe and Jen. They were definitely feeling the vibe with their homemade outfits.
Old 08-13-22, 10:19 AM  
ChelePA

Peloton workouts included 10 minutes of core +30 minutes of upper body. Those 2 pound weights in the light weights and arms section were a killer today. Focus was on shoulders which is my weakest area. Attempted a live cycling class but lost connection after 15 minutes.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!
Old 08-14-22, 12:55 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello Watulans!

I'm doing Cathe's August rotation, mostly. Workouts: Bootcamp Circuit & the Blizzard Blast (from ICE), Pyramid Pump Lower Body (went a couple of pounds heavier than Cathe), Pyramid Pump Upper Body (I did the original Pyramid UB), Cardio Party premix and I also added the Blizzard Blast. I still am not a big fan of the Cardio Party DVD. Since it was easier, wish she had stuck it between the Pyramids as a break. The original Pyramid UB is pretty tough, even without the stability ball abs. I guess it depends on the weight selection. I matched Cathe, and even got through that killer bicep segment without squawking as much as she did.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in