Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-22, 08:57 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Silver & Fit - Advanced Strength with Penny - 7/15/22 - 30 minutes

A good workout using a resistance tube; 3 groups of exercises that hit most of the major muscle groups.

Waves ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-22, 05:53 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout on Thursday for me. I didn't feel 100% - I think it's a sinus infection...

Carol
Old 08-12-22, 08:13 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen's Standing Stretch - 15min
PBL Arms, Biceps & Back - 14min
PBL Legs Sculpt & Shred - 23min
Leslie WLR - 24min

I woke up at 4:30 this morning and was ready to go. I didn't plan to do all that at 5am but one thing just led to another, so I did.

I paused my Essentrics subscription for 3 months and plan to continue with Ellen, PBL - at least til the end of the month, and add some strength. I may subscribe to Lisa for the 3 months while I'm not paying for Ess/CS.

Carol, I hope you feel better. This time of year is the worst season for my allergies. This last until first frost, so it may be a while.

Brenda, how is your new AW? Hope you're enjoying it.

Waves to Donna!
Old 08-12-22, 03:58 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for being MIA - yesterday started off weird w/ our power going out - and then there was "drama" surrounding DD's school schedule (why she waits until the last minute to set everything up I'll never know - well, actually I guess I do know - but she learned her lesson and I doubt she'll procrastinate again at least on this!).

So....yesterday was a mix of things:

Body Kind Fitness - 5,000 step workout. These are fun "music only" workouts on You Tube.

Jessica Valent - Pilates for Scoliosis - most of it - this is about when the power went out...

Then, in the evening:

LWR - August Walk & Tone Challenge Day # 11 (which was leg toning)
LWR - July Posture Challenge, Day # 6 - standing core

Today, so far:

Essentrics Live from 7/29 - standing portion only

I may squeeze something else in later.

I'm off next week for a staycation....which is good.

Carol - I hope you feel better soon.

Good going, Dana!

Waves, Brenda

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-22, 12:24 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

40 min stepping while watching shows with the boys

Dana, the AW is great! I completed my circles today. And it’s reminding me to drink water, which is very helpful. I love new tech and so far it’s super helpful.

Waves to all!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-22, 08:09 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Still not feeling great. I went to the walk in clinic yesterday and they tested for flu and CoVid, saying there are a lot of both going around, presenting in weird ways in different folks. I was negative for both - the doc made me promise to retest for CoVid at home on Sunday, basically saying he would not be surprised if I didn't pop positive for CoVid, so I'm in the waiting zone. I have strict orders to show back up there if I turn positive.

I'm going to sneak into the school this morning (masked, of course) and do a couple of things that simply can't be done from home (and can't wait either) and bring more stuff home to work on. Our first day is Wednesday, so if I'm positive, this is really inconvenient timing. Meanwhile, I've picked up a couple of books from the library to keep me occupied.

Brenda - keep singing the virtues of your Apple Watch. You may convert me yet. I'm terrible about drinking enough fluids until I get home from work and then I drink tons and have to get up multiple times at all hours of the night.

Donna - nice job on your workouts! Aren't power outages the worst?
I'm looking forward to Jessica Valant's September calendar with easier options for "beginners". I am always a beginner. Enjoy your week off next week!

Dana - Good workouts! Yes, this time of year I usually get a sinus infection, which I'm holding out hope that this is. I was sick this time last year (during teacher in service) with a sinus infection, while DS was suffering with CoVid.

Carol
Old 08-13-22, 01:03 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Self Bikini Ready Fast w/ Ellen - this is an oldie - it is a more athletic version of Ellen's fusion style workouts. It is filmed outdoors on a beach. I hadn't done it in a few years so it was nice to bring it out again. I may do some more of these 'self' workouts this week - they are filmed outdoors and feature a variety of instructors like Violet Zaki and Kimberly Spreen.

Carol - I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully, not COVID...but if it is hope they can give you something to ease it quickly. I'm also looking forward to seeing Jessica's September calendar. I hope that she keeps that feature going forward, I mean, I know I can always do another workout - but I often feel like that is "cheating" - which is silly, really.....

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-22, 01:27 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm also looking forward to seeing Jessica's September calendar. I hope that she keeps that feature going forward, I mean, I know I can always do another workout - but I often feel like that is "cheating" - which is silly, really.....

Donna
I feel exactly the same way.

And yes, that's why he wants me back tomorrow if I test positive - more drugs, which he can't prescribe without a positive test. He went ahead and started me on the antibiotic he would give if I was positive (to help prevent pneumonia).

Carol
Old 08-13-22, 04:18 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

40 min hike

Carol, the water app has been super helpful. I don’t get thirsty, so “drinking to thirst” doesn’t work for me. It’s annoying. So I set the app to remind me hourly. I’m sure that would drive some people crazy, but to me it feels like basic self-care. I also set up the face with a short-cut to a stopwatch, which makes it easier to track my hours for work. I’m very happy so far. The watchband that I got from Apple is really wide, so I ordered some thinner ones from Amazon which are great. And I’m sorry you are sick! It feels like we’re all catching up on the illnesses we didn’t get while we were isolated.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-22, 07:20 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda in WA View Post
40 min hike

Carol, the water app has been super helpful. I don’t get thirsty, so “drinking to thirst” doesn’t work for me. It’s annoying. So I set the app to remind me hourly. I’m sure that would drive some people crazy, but to me it feels like basic self-care. I also set up the face with a short-cut to a stopwatch, which makes it easier to track my hours for work. I’m very happy so far. The watchband that I got from Apple is really wide, so I ordered some thinner ones from Amazon which are great. And I’m sorry you are sick! It feels like we’re all catching up on the illnesses we didn’t get while we were isolated.
Yes Brenda I think we are catching up. We did some of the catching up last winter here, as no one was masking and the kids were always getting sick. I hear they had a rough flu season in Australia, so I guess that's headed our way too...

Carol