Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-24-22, 01:31 PM  
fanofladyvols

That was nice of you, Sherry!

Vantreesta, I have to say it made me sad to think of workouts getting thrown away
(I know the poster doesn't really have options)

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-22, 04:24 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
That was nice of you, Sherry!

Vantreesta, I have to say it made me sad to think of workouts getting thrown away
(I know the poster doesn't really have options)
True! I hope I didn't come across wrong. I know there are some things that just can't be helped.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-22, 11:59 PM  
Nelly G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
How much would shipping cost to send them to the US? It's killing me to think of them being thrown out!
I would be interested in dvds because the Netherlands is less shipping cost.
Of course I would pay the shipping cost.

I have also a colleague that just starting working out with dvds that would be interested. Would you be so kind to send me a personal message which dvds you have?

I really hope you do not mind me asking.
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-22, 07:55 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly G View Post
I would be interested in dvds because the Netherlands is less shipping cost.
Of course I would pay the shipping cost.

I have also a colleague that just starting working out with dvds that would be interested. Would you be so kind to send me a personal message which dvds you have?

I really hope you do not mind me asking.
Hi, Nelly! Just clarifying, it's Calistro and Twigs, I believe, who are in the UK with DVDs to give up. Hope you guys can connect!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 09:10 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
The stores near me will take anything-I actually saw a Gilad VHS set in a thrift store near me the other day!

Outside of VF, I hardly know anyone who uses dvds. One of my sisters used Leslie Sansone dvds. My friend's daughter does SaraBeth yoga on you tube. I was happy to find that out! She turns 20 years old today.

I posted this ages ago, but around 2002 I had a Collage catalog on my desk at work. The guy who sat behind me saw it and said "I hate that thing! My wife spends so much money there." I was floored. I asked what she liked. I had some dvds she wanted that I was not using, so I brought them in for him to pass to his wife.
You discovered a NJ vidiot! Are vidiots only people on this forum or any fitness video enthusiast?
Re: I don't have too much of a hard time getting rid of fitness stuff. Over the years I have sold: Fluidity Bar, BOSU, hanging heavy bag, Select Tech dumbbells, a barbell and plates. various DVDs.

I use pretty much everything else I have-especially my dumbbells, kettlebells, bench, exercise bands, and TRX. I realized the other day that the DVD rack in my home gym is almost empty. I store other DVDs in boxes. Since this rack often gets knocked over, I might just get rid of it and put the DVDs in a shallow box/plastic container. But I hardly use the DVDs at this point so it is time for a serious purge.
ETA: I got rid of my Jump Sport rebounder this time last year.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 12:53 PM  
AnMrsDe

No remorse!

I didn’t have any remorse whatsoever when I put my elliptical up for sale this past April!

Back track about 1.5 years ago, my DH saw online an elliptical at an estate sale. He sent his workers with the cash to purchase it/deliver it for me as a surprise since he knew I would like to own one. Great price too. Well, bless his heart for thinking of me, but what was he thinking when I couldn’t go and try it out before we buy?? It was an older model and while it included the power plug, that’s about all it included. It had some “programs” included but it was SUPER hard to pedal and make it glide. I wondered if all ellipticals were so dang hard to make it go? No, it didn’t get any better or easier and guess what? I got a lovely case of plantar fasciitis from trying to pedal so hard with my left foot. (I’m not sure why the R foot wasn’t affected but one was bad enough, thank you very much!!)

Fast forward 1.5 years, my PF finally is better (limited cardio with no walks) for a whole year and since May ‘22, I’ve walked 165 miles… making up for lost time!! So nice to get outside and SPEED WALK again even in this HEAT!!!

Anyway, lesson learned (for DH), do not purchase anything that significant without my knowledge please, dear, LOL. Convertible cars are ok as anniversary gifts, but not a form of fitness equipment!

Btw, the elliptical didn’t sell and was donated. I hope whomever buys it does not experience what I did!

That was the only thing that I have felt the need to pass on….scratch that….I did send 2 boxes of unloved DVD’s to Rosepetals awhile back. So glad they went to a VF’er who could use and needed them.

Last edited by AnMrsDe; 08-09-22 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Oops! I had the wrong VFer's name. Corrected...
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 07:47 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
I hate clutter AND i can't let things go.
Oh, I am the same way! I actually don't have a problem getting rid of fitness equipment but getting rid of dvds is harder. I've reacquired some that I've gotten rid of, but most are gone for good.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 08:26 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Oh, I am the same way! I actually don't have a problem getting rid of fitness equipment but getting rid of dvds is harder. I've reacquired some that I've gotten rid of, but most are gone for good.
I still have some old vhs tapes. I recently purchased a vhs player so I can access these old workouts. I rarely get rid of fitness stuff and when I do I usually have remorse.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-22, 05:01 PM  
Susan G.
VF Supporter

If you're within striking distance of southwest Connecticut, I have much to give away.
Susan G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-22, 06:58 PM  
hypnomoon

I am having a harder time letting go of my equipment more than my dvds. I have been culling them like crazy. Crazy but not joyfully. It’s sad to let go that part of my life that gave me such a feeling of accomplishment. But as much As I thought I’d always be strong, I am facing the truth. I’m doing the type of workouts that I laughed at in my Herculean days.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decluttering, equipment gathering dust