Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-14-17, 12:02 PM  
LaCatrina

Smile Hamelin D'abell Facebook Live Stream Class - FREE!

I didn't see this posted Hamelin is going to be doing a weekly live stream class on Facebook. No account is needed.

For those of you curious about Blitzmatics, the class is done in the same style. You need a step, ankle weights (he recommends 2 pounds each), dumbbells and a mat.

The class is 45 min long. He does a quick warm-up with some stretching, then it's on to blitz-style full body moves on and off the step. He follows with all-fours work for the legs on the step and several plank sets. Then it's back to standing up for waist and the final stretch.

This is his first time doing a live stream, so there are a couple of minor technical issues. At some point the music shuts down, but it comes back in a few minutes. Also, the video gets a tad blurry, specially at the end, but he always cues and counts so I could follow without problems. I think it's better to do a quick preview beforehand, but IMO it's easy to keep going without much fuss.

I've been doing Blitzmatics since it came out, and the addition of the step kicks things up a notch. I did the workout yesterday and today I have glute and inner thigh DOMS Next class is on Friday

Enjoy! https://www.facebook.com/14961244211...4183983562116/
Old 02-14-17, 02:02 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Ugh, I wish they'd put the camera closer. It's a little tough to see what they're doing. Any idea how long it will be available? Will it stay on FB?

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-17, 03:13 PM  
LaCatrina

I don't know for sure, but the usual is that when he puts out free videos or gives away some of the paid classes he keeps them available indefinitely.

I downloaded the video and used the crop feature of my media player, that really helps when the camera is away
Old 02-14-17, 03:19 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post
I don't know for sure, but the usual is that when he puts out free videos or gives away some of the paid classes he keeps them available indefinitely.

I downloaded the video and used the crop feature of my media player, that really helps when the camera is away
Good to know! What'd you use to download?

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-17, 04:02 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I did the live stream Blitz class that he had on the 10th, and it was really good! I enjoyed it, despite missing the first few minutes. It's 6pm London time (which was 1pm here for me on the East Coast!) I've put it on my calendar for the 17th and hope I'm available again.

He had a student with him last Friday who has been in his previous classes. She's great and keeps up with all that he instructs her to do! The filming location was great last time. Nice and bright with huge mirror!

I had fun and it was a good workout!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-17, 04:44 PM  
LaCatrina

Pratima, I use tubeoffline.com - nothing to download, and you can use it for videos hosted on a ton of sites

Pam - I really liked the class too! I don't think I've ever used a step with ankle weights on, so I had a couple of Bambi moments

The length is great as well - It's a sprinkle of cardio with some good blitz toning

ETA - Hamelin just posted about the upcoming class (from his FB page):

New FREE Blitzmatics Facebook live-stream class this coming Friday 6-7pm GMT. You will need following for the class: yellow or green Xercuff, 2-3lb hand weights, mat and a step.
Old 02-14-17, 06:26 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post
Pam - I really liked the class too! I don't think I've ever used a step with ankle weights on, so I had a couple of Bambi moments
I loved his use of the step and taking some of the same footwork with ankle weights that he'd used in his Blitz toning workout! The step took it to a whole new level, staying in a squat position and stepping to side or diagonal back! His arm toning is always fantastic, too!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-17, 07:12 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I loved his use of the step and taking some of the same footwork with ankle weights that he'd used in his Blitz toning workout! The step took it to a whole new level, staying in a squat position and stepping to side or diagonal back! His arm toning is always fantastic, too!
I totally agree - the extra height really hits muscles differently. I can only imagine how tough the moves will feel with the step AND the X-ercuff

Those diagonal lunges are eeeeeeevil

Hamelin's arm toning is the only thing that have helped me with my stubborn sausage arms. I get my eating in order, do my workouts and I truly see the changes
Old 02-14-17, 10:12 PM  
kmissa

Thanks for sharing. I will have to make time to add this in this week. I've been dying to try HDM.
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-17, 11:57 AM  
primrosecat

Rebecca, I tried to download using tubeoffline.com and I could not get it to work. Can you explain in steps a 67 year old can understand? TIA
Sharon
primrosecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blitzmatics, hamelin d'abell, hamelin d'abell method, hamelin dabell, live stream, streaming