Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-05, 08:10 PM  
Candi
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doskymom
I was always under the impression that the instructors led the workouts, but that they were actually choreographed by someone else.
According to the credits the BSS sets are choreographed by someone other than the instructor. Some of the sets also list the instructor as "featured instructor/choreographer". If I remember correctly Tara Judge choreographed the original BSS and Kristen Stroecker (sp?) choreographed BSS2, BSS3 and BSS4. I thinkg the "Six Pack" (the BSS add-ons) were choreographed by the instructors only. Since Tara or Kristen are listed first I figured they were more responsible for the choreography but maybe they are responsible for making the sets work as sets.

Candi
Old 11-30-05, 08:19 PM  
Carol K

At the time that BSS1 first came out, we were told that each instructor had choreographed her own workout. I remember there was a lot apprehension, because all of the previous workouts had been choreographed by Anna Benson and we didn't know what to expect.
Old 11-30-05, 09:30 PM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

During the summer Firm Believer's trip, Kirsten told Lisa and me that she only determined the order of the workout. For example, she would say the workout needed to be a warm-up, floor cardio, step, 4-limb, cardio, etc. The instructors, according to her, would create their own choreography. Of course, I'm sure it was all subject to approval.

Kirsten said she was lousy at creating choreography.

She sure knew the workouts though, and she gave Lisa a great rotation based on the videos she owned. I could tell it was done with a thorough understanding of what was in each and every one of them.

On the Pam subject, I'm not so sure she was "fired." Have you seen the schedule at her yoga studio? She's teaching A TON of classes. It might have been mutually agreed that she was focusing her strengths elsewhere.
Old 12-01-05, 12:44 AM  
joanna33

pam was fired! for sure
Old 12-16-05, 04:13 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aline
Presumably, she has a following. And that part of her following interested in doing yoga with her just might follow her over there (and away from the Firm).
But if she's also working at the Firm, she might get some yoga students to come there? By firing her, The Firm might lose her followers?

I just got BSS4 and LOVE Pam's workouts (on preview!). It bites that she won't be in others. (I also appreciated having at least a FEW non-silicone enhanced instructors).

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-05, 04:32 PM  
keb's mom

Kathryn, I hate to break it to you, but I think Pam is silicone enhanced in BSS4!
keb's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-05, 04:33 PM  
Aline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn
But if she's also working at the Firm, she might get some yoga students to come there?
No, I doubt it. I think it would only go one way (from Firm to yoga).

That's because she already has an established following of Firm students, but she is a novice yoga teacher and it will take time for her to develop her reputation in the yoga community, which is extremely competitive.

The Firm is well aware of that, so they got rid of her as a potential threat. It's sad for her
Aline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-05, 04:45 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

So what about Libby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanna33
somebody at another forum said it is LIBBY from the FIRM.........
Is Libby no longer at the Firm either? When I was there last spring she was teaching yoga classes at the Firm. How can she teach at both places? I'm confused.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-05, 05:37 PM  
shicks

On the firm forum the otherday someone asked if Libby was still there, we were told she left her Manager position in March to become a pharmaceutical sales rep. Another post asked if she was teaching anymore classes that has not been answered but she is not on the schedule at all.
sherry
shicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-05, 05:40 PM  
shicks

Kathryn, in BSS3 Pam had no cleavage and in BSS4 she had cleavage, no weight gain just instant cleavage. She did it very tastefully and it would not be recognizable to someone who did not have videos to look at daily.
Sherry
shicks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm instructors, pam cauthen meriwether, stacey milner-collins