Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-20-05, 01:49 AM  
fit1

P90 Master Series: Sweat 5/6 Breakdown of Workout

In response to my question about Sweat 5/6, a Beachbody forum member (Flashpanhunter) described Sweat 5/6 as follows:

The program length is 44min. There's a long warmup/stretch/yoga section: about 14min.

Then about 32 minutes of the familiar 3x3x3

Duck and cover (basically a fast squat turning left and right like a boxer)

Torso twists (low to the ground)

Front Squat into single leg lifts

break

Groucho in a hurry back and forth (picture Groucho Marx walking fast, forward and backward)

Sideways crossover left to right (reminds me of a basketball drill)

Tires on Fire (picture 2 rows of tires lying on the ground on fire and you have to run through them, left foot/right foot etc.)

break

Jab slide uppercut (just as it sounds)
Low block lunge punch (just as it sounds)
Jump kicks like "drop kicks"

cool down/stretch: 8min.

No Ab ripper

There's a lot of time spent between moves explaining how to do them so you're constantly stopping at first, which is why I think I didn't feel I got a good workout. After watching it a second time though, I think once you get the hang of it, you can really kill it.
fit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-05, 09:13 AM  
Sandi M
VF Supporter

The x3 factor

All of the moves x3 is what is really turning me off. Too much repetition to be interesting.

Sandi
Sandi M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-05, 09:42 AM  
Elena
VF Supporter

I have done this workout last week. It was boring.

It is 3 X 3 30 sec each. So it is not as intense as it should be, especially on boxing moves. By the time you get your form squared it is over. At some point you have to do 2 sides then it means 15 sec each side, which you lift your arm time is up. It definetely not enough time. This is not a bridge to Plyo X or even to Kenpo. It left me with Not enough feeling plus 3 times repeat the same is littlbe bit too much. I thought it should be repeated 2 times and may be 60 sec each.

Elena
Elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-05, 10:19 AM  
Messe

I've done this workout several times, and I wasn't bored by it, but I prefer drill-style cardio to choreographed cardio. I also thought it was "enough" cardio, at least for me. I love having the Power 90 Master Series workouts to mix and match with my other workouts, and especially with Tony's other workouts (and I have all of them except the Greats). I love Tony, and I think he does a good job of creating entertaining (for me), effective (for me), time-efficient workouts.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-05, 12:02 PM  
fit1

Martha, we have the same likes when it comes to cardio. I love Tony too!
I don't care about choreographed and dancy cardio at all - except maybe Cathe but I haven't tried her complex step workouts yet In fact, that's why I also like using the treadmill/elliptical machine/spinning bike because they don't have choreography. I can just zone out. So do you use the breaks between segments or do you skip them? Is there a music-off option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Edington
I've done this workout several times, and I wasn't bored by it, but I prefer drill-style cardio to choreographed cardio. I also thought it was "enough" cardio, at least for me. I love having the Power 90 Master Series workouts to mix and match with my other workouts, and especially with Tony's other workouts (and I have all of them except the Greats). I love Tony, and I think he does a good job of creating entertaining (for me), effective (for me), time-efficient workouts.
fit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-05, 12:17 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit1
Martha, we have the same likes when it comes to cardio. I love Tony too!
I don't care about choreographed and dancy cardio at all - except maybe Cathe but I haven't tried her complex step workouts yet In fact, that's why I also like using the treadmill/elliptical machine/spinning bike because they don't have choreography. I can just zone out. So do you use the breaks between segments or do you skip them? Is there a music-off option?
I don't remember whether there's a music-off option, and my DVD and I aren't in the same place at the moment (sniff, sniff ). As for the breaks, I never stop completely. I jog in a circle or in place or something similar.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-05, 03:33 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

There's a music off option

There's a "music off" option for all the P90 Masters workouts. I did Sculpt 5-6 Sunday, & I didn't think it did much for me, as I didn't use real heavy weights for some of the exercises I had never done before, but my biceps are still burning today. I think Sweat 5-6 without the warmup, strethes, & yoga would be a good add-on to Sweat 3-4. I wish there had been an Ab Ripper workout in this series. I think Tony's funny, & I love that he shows modifications for everything.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote