Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-05, 04:20 PM  
jude

I want to work out!

I'm recovering from a minor operation at the moment and can't work out! It's killing me!! I am gradually building up my walking but can't see me doing a video for another week at least - and then it'll have to be an easy one. What made it harder this week was using the spare time to sort through my old videos - so I watched loads of videos and couldn't do them - torment!

Ah well - worth it for a good recovery I guess...
jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-05, 04:22 PM  
carolyn jane

I have had the same thing happen - once when I broke my wrist, and once when I sprained my ankle! I couldn't wait to get back to it. After my surgery for my wrist, I went to the YMCA so I could at least ride the bike and do lower body work. When I sprained my ankle, I joined again so I could swim and do upper body work. When you're used to working it, you really miss it!

Hang in there! When you start working out again, you'll be amazed at how quickly the strength returns!
carolyn jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-05, 05:08 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

jude, I feel for you! How long can you not work out?

I'm sick this week. My company gives us days off at this time of year. My days off are today thru Friday. I was going to do some nice, long workouts, try out some new stuff I got, maybe go for some long walks. Instead I'm sitting here coughing, sneezing, blowing my nose, etc. and wondering if I'll get to work out at all this week! (doubt it)

I was actually thinking about watching some of my new workouts, but you're right, it would probably make me feel worse!
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote