Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-05, 11:17 AM  
horsemom2

JB Berns is the man behind the cableflex as well as UR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurferGirl
I'm surprised Jackie Chan would promote something that was useless. I know it's all about the $$, but what about reputation?
actually JB Berns (Urban Rebounding) created the machine and the workouts so maybe Jackie owed him a favor since JB was heavily into martial arts.

Barb S
who sort of likes the workouts for something different in spite of not being a JB fan
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-05, 11:26 AM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurferGirl
I'm surprised Jackie Chan would promote something that was useless. I know it's all about the $$, but what about reputation?
my wild theory is that he was recruited to promote the thing and given a super-tough version of Cableflex to work out on, so he thought, "Okay, this works!" But, I'm biased cuz I like Jackie Chan and would hate to think he'd knowingly promote junk...he's rich enough!

Who was the female with him in the infomercial? I saw it a long, long time ago. Glad to hear I don't "have" to buy it. For once my instincts were right!
acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-05, 11:37 AM  
hapiness2005

I have it and it is sitting in my closet. I have used it about three times when doing slim series other than that I forget that it is there. I think it is a waste of money $$$. I still have all the tapes that go along with it. They might even still be sealed. Anyone interested let me know.
hapiness2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-05, 11:42 AM  
SurferGirl

There's a discount store by me that was selling it for $20. My boyfriend bought it for me as a XMas present. I feel sooo guilty that I've never even tried it.

But, he did buy me the mini ball with video and I do that ALL the time.
SurferGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-05, 05:20 PM  
Minnie

Jjg?

I believe it was Janet Jones-Gretzky in the infomercial with Jackie Chan.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable flex, equipment gathering dust