Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-16-22, 11:16 AM  
Leonana

Max Factor is in the UK and is Cover Girl in the US. I think it's the same company. Different names of products, but you might find the same things here.

That's too bad about Revlon.
Old 06-26-22, 01:43 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
Revlon Super Lustrous Creme lipstick in Rum Raisin is one of my favorites.
I used to love this one.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-22, 02:08 PM  
TracyQ

Looking for Sun Screen Recommendation

I dislike sunscreen. I don’t like the feel of it on my skin. Also, I wear a lot of white in the summer and it yellows my white clothing. For those reasons, I’ve never been consistent about wearing it.

Last week I had a mole removed from my back and am awaiting results of a biopsy I really need to do better with sunscreen.

I spend a lot of time outside in the sun on my bike, walking, stand up paddling.

I have CeraVe 30 Face Hydrating Sunscreen and wore it today. It turned my face white. I went stand up paddling and took a short swim after and still when I got home from the beach my face was white. Yuck. I could never put this on before work (I walk outside on my lunch hour.)

I used a spray Coppertone sport for my body but it was really greasy.

I’m looking for recommendations for my face and my body.

Thank you.

Old 06-26-22, 02:17 PM  
Carol K

I use Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Ultra-Sheer Daily Defense SPF 30 on my face and Extra Care Non-greasy Sunscreen SPF 50 on my body.
Old 06-26-22, 02:26 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I use Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Ultra-Sheer Daily Defense SPF 30 on my face and Extra Care Non-greasy Sunscreen SPF 50 on my body.
Thank you for the recommendations. I love Paula’s moisturizers, but did not like her Daily Defense SPF 30. It must be me because everyone seems to like it. It just doesn’t feel good on my skin.

My dermatologist sells high end products but they don’t push them. They recommend CeraVe which I don’t like either. LOL

Old 06-26-22, 03:21 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I dislike sunscreen. I don’t like the feel of it on my skin. Also, I wear a lot of white in the summer and it yellows my white clothing. For those reasons, I’ve never been consistent about wearing it.

Last week I had a mole removed from my back and am awaiting results of a biopsy I really need to do better with sunscreen.

I spend a lot of time outside in the sun on my bike, walking, stand up paddling.

I have CeraVe 30 Face Hydrating Sunscreen and wore it today. It turned my face white. I went stand up paddling and took a short swim after and still when I got home from the beach my face was white. Yuck. I could never put this on before work (I walk outside on my lunch hour.)

Thank you.
Tracy- I hope your biopsy comes back ok! I've tried many sunscreens, and I'm a fan of Coola sunscreens. I have not tried their spray sunscreens, but the cream sunscreens (for face & body) are great. For something less expensive, I like Aveeno Protect & Hydrate for the body. It is hydrating, which I find I need for dry skin on my body, but it isn't greasy. They have a mineral sunscreen now, which I haven't tried, but might now that I see it is available. I also like Bare Republic Clearscreen , which I picked up at Marshalls for 7 bucks. It really does go on clear!

Good luck finding something you like!
Old 06-26-22, 03:40 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:

Thank you.
I discovered this face sunscreen this year--Cetaphil Sheer Mineral Face Liquid Drops. I think it's amazing. It gives a slight whitish cast at first but much less than other mineral (zinc) face sunscreens I've used in the past. Non-greasy and the texture is fantastic and rubs/in absorbs easily. Also, it doesn't make my eyes or skin irritated, even when I sweat. And there's a little ball that rattles around inside it for when you shake it up.

For body, I again stick with zinc only sunscreen because if I get chemical sunscreen on my hands and then inadvertently touch my face later, there's a chance of getting it on my face skin and then my eyes can get irritated. I'm using Blue Lizard Sensitive Skin mineral sunscreen this year for body.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-22, 05:35 PM  
TracyQ

Thank you for the well wishes and for the Coola recommendations Wendy. I hadn’t heard of that brand.

ADawn thank you for your recommendations too. Those Cetaphil drops sound fantastic.

Old 06-26-22, 05:45 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

TracyQ, after trying a LOT of different sunscreens, I have found my Holy Grail sunscreen, a Japanese sunscreen. It is a chemical sunscreen, it doesn't leave a white cast, it doesn't burn my eyes and it's not expensive. I put it on my face every morning after I wash my face and I can't feel it after a couple of minutes. I buy it on Amazon. It is Rohto SKIN AQUA UV Super Moisture Gel 110g SPF50 / PA

It's this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Rohto-SKIN-AQ.../dp/B084C5TMT3
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-22, 05:54 PM  
antbuko

Quote:

Thank you.

Someone recommended Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery 85 g (1.7 times the normal product) Sunscreen SPF 50 +. It's from Japan and there are a number of sellers from Japan on Amazon who sell it. It doesn't whiten my skin and it doesn't break me out. For my body, I've been using this one: Australian Gold Botanical Sunscreen Mineral Lotion, Broad Spectrum, Water Resistant, SPF 50, 5 Ounce. There is a bit of a white cast when I first apply it but I just blend it in and it's fine; not greasy, no white cast and it doesn't get on my clothes. They also have a tinted face sun screen, but I prefer the Biore stuff.

Tags
2022 beauty, beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2022, electric razor, off topic, off-topic