Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-14, 06:11 AM  
Breezy Trousers

I much prefer Pump to STS, but I mix Pump in with my other total body weight training workouts. I don't usually do rotations.

However, I attended live Body Pump classes 3x a week last summer and had * great * results with its high rep method. Hate to say this -- because I prefer heavy weight training to high rep weight training -- but Body Pump works better on my body than Cathe's weight training and is less fussy than Cathe's weight training. The problem with Pump is that it's essentially the same workout over and over again, so you have to be comfortable with repetition if you do a rotation with it. STS has much more variety and complexity. That was actually a big part of STS' problem for me. I'm a Cathe fan but ended up Joni-O'ing STS fairly quickly because it was way too time consuming and equipment-intensive. I just didn't have the patience for its demands, so STS ended up being was my biggest purchase regret of the year. (Of course, I can't say I wasn't warned here.)

Because of its repetition, I either have to attend live Body Pump classes or mix Body Pump DVDs up with other high rep workouts (i.e., Cathe's High Reps or Power Hour, Michele Carmichael's Flex Fuel, and maybe a Power Music Group RX Rip workout or two) to make things interesting.... I also learned that, when doing high rep workouts at home, lockjaw collars make it easier to change barbell weights .... Body bars are even quicker!
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
group rx, les mills body pump, power music, power music group rx, sts