Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-05-13, 03:05 PM  
tara426

I just did Boot #2. It was super tough At first the remakes were not so good until they got to track #4 with "Drive By" and the music was much better.
They start off showing 16 exercises at a level 2 then you do 4 of the exercises 4 times then move on to the next 4 and so on. The moves are all really difficult and no level (1 -3)is easy. I was sweating like a pig. There was no kettlebell work in this dvd.
tara426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 03:14 PM  
amoodygirl

I love the power music offerings. I'm a Les Mills instructor and I find these to be as good if not (sometimes) better than some of the LM programs. The gyms are really starting to like that these are available because their instructors can teach these and there are no attached costs to the gym owner.

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 03:44 PM  
NRGWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
I love the power music offerings. I'm a Les Mills instructor and I find these to be as good if not (sometimes) better than some of the LM programs. The gyms are really starting to like that these are available because their instructors can teach these and there are no attached costs to the gym owner.

Diane
I've only seen one or two of them and I was really impressed that they said to use your judgment as an instructor and do what was best for your class. Les Mills came to my town a couple of years ago for Body Pump training and it sounded awful. The Les Mills trainers were abusive to the people trying to become certified, it was a huge scandal in my area. And my understanding is that you have to do their exact choreography. I was so glad I was not at that training as I had originally thought I would be. And I was really glad when Power Music came out with these.
NRGWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 03:48 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Here are some previous threads, some of which I've participated in (I'm interested in RIP; haven't purchased yet):
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...er+music+group
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 04:32 PM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGWoman View Post
I've only seen one or two of them and I was really impressed that they said to use your judgment as an instructor and do what was best for your class. Les Mills came to my town a couple of years ago for Body Pump training and it sounded awful. The Les Mills trainers were abusive to the people trying to become certified, it was a huge scandal in my area. And my understanding is that you have to do their exact choreography. I was so glad I was not at that training as I had originally thought I would be. And I was really glad when Power Music came out with these.
I became certified a LONG time ago and it was simpler and cheaper than it is today. And, yes, you MUST do their exact choreography. Honestly, if I had to do it again, I wouldn't. Although I enjoy the programs, I like having the freedom to do my own thing, which is why I teach at non-Les Mills gyms as well.

I can't believe the trainers would be abusive - that's just not acceptable. I don't drink the Les Mills Kool Aid, so to speak, which is why I only teach a couple of classes per week of their programs. At some point in the near future, I will no longer be teaching them. It's expensive to go their their quarterlies, which is somewhat mandatory and, frankly, there's no enough variation where I feel it should be absolutely required.

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 08:13 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Here are some previous threads, some of which I've participated in (I'm interested in RIP; haven't purchased yet):
I want to thank you Lucky for your GroupRx tread. I read it, looked at the clips, and love what I saw. So, I'm getting two of his steps workouts. I mean to tell you but being disconnected during vacations. Thanks
Old 01-12-13, 09:48 AM  
atticus
VF Supporter

Thanks so much for posting about these. I ordered Cycling Vol. 7 and 5, and did Vol. 7 this morning. It was what I've always wanted in a spinning DVD. It was just like a good spin class, without leaving home. Motivating instructors and fun music! I look forward to doing this one again. I am going to order all of the others.
Old 01-12-13, 10:03 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
I want to thank you Lucky for your GroupRx tread. I read it, looked at the clips, and love what I saw. So, I'm getting two of his steps workouts. I mean to tell you but being disconnected during vacations. Thanks
Oh yay, I'm glad!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-13, 10:08 AM  
Diana3271

Has anyone purchased the WAR DVD's? I looked at the video clips again. These seem like what I was hoping Combat would be like. I saw in one of the clips that they go to the ground for pushups/abs. Is this during the workout or at the end? About how long is the cardio section?

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-13, 11:24 AM  
lapis
VF Supporter

Thanks Tara for staring this thread ...... I remember the older posts from last year regarding Power Music Group RX and was interested but then forgot all about them ...... your thread renewed my interest and I purchased and received this week the latest RIP workouts (I think I ordered #6 and #7) and I also purchased WAR (#1 and #2.) I hope to begin using them next week.
lapis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
group rx, power music, power music group rx