Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-12, 06:25 PM  
fitgirl-atx

A Vidiot's Dream Come True...But...

Now I'm scared to death!

A few weeks ago, I was selected to be a cast member in a new set of DVDs that are being sponsored by the American Heart Association! I've been dreaming of this ever sine I was 19 years old and purchased my first workout vhs tapes (Firm Cross Trainers), basically for my entire "fit" adulthood. I agreed to participate even though I've been struggling with health issues and unwanted weight gain. I agreed to do it anyway because I thought that in the big picture, maybe I could be a source of inspiration to others who may be going through similar challenges, that you can still be healthy and keep your heart strong.

Well, this week we are filming, and I'm getting a little freaked out. I'm so nervous that I'm going to appear massive on film. I recently attended my brothers wedding, and the photos came back. I really did not like what I saw. I was ashamed and embarrassed. I keep trying to pump myself up and hold my head up high. I keep putting a shield around my heart saying that those who judge me know absolutely nothing about my journey. The instructor thinks that I'm "perfect as I am," and he keeps telling me that I was born to do this. It's his project, so if he's happy, then that makes me feel better. I have lost 20 pounds during our 5-week rehearsal process, so I'm making progress. I still have about 35 more to go before I feel somewhat normal again.

Anyway, just thought I'd seek out some words of encouragement from my vidiot friends.

Wish me luck people!!! I am sooooo looking forward to being able to add a disclaimer to my signature line - lol.

Laugh Often. Love Unconditionally. Live Beautifully.
DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos. I have also appeared as a cast member in a fitness DVD series. For details, please see my profile.
fitgirl-atx is offline   Reply With Quote