Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-16-21, 02:23 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Fierce Friends! Happy Fun Friday!

I don't know what is up with me lately -- just so busy! I'm feeling fine -- completely back to normal after the second shot. It was Pfizer.

Yesterday I did a Heather Legs workout -- some no repeat thing -- she was wearing blue shorts and yellow top if I remember correctly. I liked it. I also felt my legs today -- not DOMs, but nicely worked. I ended up doing Cathe's Low Impact Athletic Training today..... the Beth Premix. Do you guys have that on your disc? I skipped what I didn't like, basically. Which leads me to.....

the fanofladyvols brilliant song! I love it! So spot on for me right now. Well, except I suppose I was missing her a bit since I came back crawling to her this morning. Fun to be with the crew again. And that leads me to.....

the updated rock bottoms rotation. So funny, when I started reading that post a couple of pages back I thought "oh yes, I did this rotation back in the day...." but then I saw the workouts and thought "no I didn't!" I like the idea of doing a rotation with you guys, but I think I would want to mix it up more than this. I may do a week....

It's my oldest's 22nd birthday today, so busy today too. For about a week we had a 19, 20, and 21 year old living here. And the weather is getting really nice. I think we may have about a month of not awful weather left. We'll see, but I want to get out there and enjoy it! Hope all of you can do the same!
Old 04-16-21, 08:47 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I'm back!

Today I did Cathe Live #82 Rock It Sock It. It had cardio boxing drills alternating with heavy bag work. I don't have a heavy bag, but I don't think it mattered. It was a goody!

Yes, I think going to the dr. is the right thing to do. I told DH you guys agreed with him and he said "see--it's not just me!" The possibility of a clot is in the back of my mind, and that's not something to mess with. I will talk to him about it and hopefully he will recommend an ultrasound to rule that out.

Kim, I also like your response to your coworker. Some people don't get that I actually like exercise! It's a enjoyable challenge that also benefits me both mentally and physically. What could be better than that?

bee, I was also thinking about the old "rock bottom" challenge until I saw the workouts in it. She did do a goldie oldie VHS called Rock Bottoms too, I think. I love your personal premix. More and more I find I am doing something similar---the Cat premix. If I don't feel like doing the move, I just do something else. Glad you are feeling fine after the initial fatigue from the second shot.

manley, glad you agree with me about the beat of the music matching the move. ALL the instructors (except Kat) are really getting bad about not using the beat of the music properly, at least IMHO. This means you too, Cathe. Oh, I've done the Live version of IMAX. It was a good one, not as good as the DVD versions but still good. Hope you like Kat's #10!

Chele, Paul & Amy's Double Down does that balance challenge with an upright row, and I found that practice really helps, particularly on my left side which is harder for me. Jari Love also did a little of that as well. I do need to do more of those types of challenges since they are still difficult for me. manley, thanks for the helpful tips!

FN1, glad roof max is done and that it was only a one day job! Yes, we fierce Watulans can definitely relate to others thinking we are weird for liking to exercise.

Kate, I've always admired your positive attitude. You are so right, life is too short to focus on the negative. Great that your son had no reaction to the second Covid vaccine, particularly as it has been said that younger people react more strongly to the second shot than older people.

horusosiris, glad you checked in and that things are fine, just busy. I thought about you the other day when horusosiris was a "question" on Jeopardy.

Nathalie and Garrie, waving and hope all is okay!!

Moby out!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 09:59 AM  
ChelePA

Just a quick check in...Heather's Rotation Week 3.

Day 6: Power Hour!! 60 MIN No Repeat Workout (Full Body // Dumbbells) (68 minutes with warm-up and stretch)

Loved this workout! 60 different metabolic, cardio and ab exercises. 40/20 format. No dread or boredom!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 06:14 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Just a quick check in...Heather's Rotation Week 3.

Day 6: Power Hour!! 60 MIN No Repeat Workout (Full Body // Dumbbells) (68 minutes with warm-up and stretch)

Loved this workout! 60 different metabolic, cardio and ab exercises. 40/20 format. No dread or boredom!
Agree! Just finished it and loved it! Added Day 5: HIIT Pilates Workout Total Body Fusion Workout and it was a nice add on for flexibility/mobility.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 12:00 PM  
lavna

Hi everyone,

Everything is fine. Just busy!

Nothing really new around here! We've had nice weather. No snow anymore! Yard max is almost done. After that, it's waiting for warmer weather to plant things. Should be in May!

Going back in time a little: I'm another Downton Abbey fan. I've seen all the sries and the movie. I've also bought 4 of the 5 books that have been written to accompany the series. They're really interesting.

On the subject of british estates: I came acroos a series called "An American's Aristocrat's Guide to Great Estates". It's really interesting and talks about the challenges to maintain those big houses. Part of the one on Christmas is filmed at Highclere castle, used for Downton Abbey.

Workout wise, I'm still doing Cathe. I bought a few more Live downloads that combine cardio and strength in the same workout. Today, I did 111 Smokin' UB. It was tough doing fast-paced strength when out of breath!!!

I'm glad everyone is enjoying their workouts from new instructors!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Waving to all!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 04:25 PM  
Mickey12

Nathalie, good to hear from you! I wants to mention that I love that show about the British estates. When I first started watching it, I wasn't sure if I liked the woman who hosts it, but she really grew on me. She seems very genuine. I love history and old architecture so the show is right up my alley.

Another one I really like is Escape to the Chateau. It’s about a British couple that buy an old French chateau and fix it up, turn it into their home, and a place for weddings and weekend food lover getaways. The family members are funny and endearing.

I’m super excited to see the clips from what appears to be imminent Cathe workouts that Linda posted in the general thread. Woo hoo!
Old 04-18-21, 06:12 PM  
ChelePA

Another quick check in. Busy weekend. 60 minute cycling class. 20 miles total. Awesome rock music! Who doesn’t love Meatloaf

Kat posted a new express power step. Hoping to check it out this week.
Old 04-18-21, 06:22 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kim I did some further investigation..please see my last post on that thread

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 08:24 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

FOLV, so appreciate you keeping us posted on these wonderful Cathe workout updates!!

Goodness, been so crazy busy...so just for accountability, my recent workouts have been:
Weds: Roof Max, Cat and Dog Wrangle Max, no workout
Thurs: Cathe High Step Challenge
Fri: Cathe Cardio Kicks (wow, another so old but SO GOOD one!)
Sat: Freaking Awful Chore Max
Sun: Cathe Butts and Guts....and I have a new way of doing this one. I never realized there was all the bonus material, so first of all, I used heavier weights than Cathe in the standing part (OUCH), then before moving to the stability ball/floor work, I did the bonus standing sections, then back to the stability ball/floor work. Also I have ankle weights now which I didn't have the last time I did this one, so all of that combined = I'll probably be walking funny tomorrow!

ChelePA, I love it, 60 mins and 20 miles means an EXCELLENT spin workout! Way to go!!! How are your legs, hah!?

Kim, I LOVE Escape to the Chateau when I randomly catch it on PBS!!! So intriguing! I'm also super excited for these new band workouts.

Nathalie, so good to hear from you! And Smoking UB is one of my Live faves for sure, tough stuff!!

FN2, please keep us posted on the doc! Hope it's just inflammation and nothing serious, fierce one! How is the hubby doing, and how are you holding up carrying the weight of 'stuff that needs to get done' these days?

Manleym, glad hubby can go back to the office and you can have your table back, hah!! Funny that he thinks it's crazy how big the 'workout at home' community is, but my husband was the exact same way until I enlightened him.

KateTT, I also agree with everyone else on your awesome attitude...you always brighten my day and lift my mood just by being you, and I thank you for that from the bottom of my heart!

Bee, SO glad to hear you're feeling better, yay!!! I'm still thinking about the Rock Bottoms rotation but....well, I haven't figured things out yet time-wise.

Horusosiris, I too hope things calm down for you soon. Sending you hugs!

Waves to Garrie, hope you're doing well!

This was supposed to be a short post as I have dinner cooking but here I am. Hope I didn't miss anyone...waves and hugs if so! Stay fierce, my Watulan friends!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 09:20 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Kim I did some further investigation..please see my last post on that thread
Interesting!!!!

Tags
watulan check-in