Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-26-21, 11:30 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

kittybug: Yes that's Annie Carpenter. I had avoided those practices but she's SOOOO good! And I found that I love Iyengar style yoga. I only have one Patrick workout...Extreme Calorie Burn. I got rid of his long ago because they were too hard but now I am rethinking. Maybe I should just do EXB and see how I feel?

Kim: So far, even living in the frozen Northland of MN, I've never lost any tulips/daff/bulbs due to frost. I have some tiny crocus coming up that I just planted new last fall and two are already blooming.
Yes loving Smart Flow. I just stream it from Udaya but it's good enough I'd buy the DVDs.

Linda: learn from your losses so next time has no choice but to be better!
I got some little green wrist guards from Skogg Kettlebells and they help. The more I kbell, the better I get. I am REALLY moving towards some of my kbell workouts now. I miss them.
p.s. LOVE your avatar and your signature line about Imax2. LOL

bee: I am a gardening fanatic. I have five active flower beds and lots of room in my yard for more. Flowers and digging in the dirt are my therapy. I have loved growing things since I planted a potato eye when I was 10 and it actually grew.

manleym: tulips are so easy...all those spring bulbs are. Just plant in the fall and let them do their thing. My tulips last long as long as it doesn't get too hot. If it's a cooler spring, they last a long time for me.

cataddict: planting beans will juice up your soil as they put more nitrogen back into the soil thru their roots. I use lots of critter deterrents..sprays, powders etc. Seems to work so far.

SO sorry to hear about all the chaos for some of you this week. Life is certainly always a challenge, isn't it? About the time things start going really smoothly, the other shoe drops! ;-) Hang in there dear friends. You are strong enough to survive all this.

Sorry yes, it was Party Rockin' Step 2. I thought I had #1 but still can't find it.

Wednesday's workout was the last MetaShred Extreme - MetaMatrix Lower. Although I love these workouts, I was REALLY ready to move on. So I did a mix of the MMlower + Cathe FitTower Legs Glutes Core. I fully expected to have trouble walking but it wasn't half bad. Barre work slays me but this FitTower workout wasn't too bad.

Soooooo. I caved and subscribed to Inner Dimension. At least for a little while. Glad I did as I did the new Yoga Detox 30 Purify practice. I did the Start Where You Are yesterday afternoon. Worth the price even if I do stop it.

Yesterday was Body Combat 82. This is on the LMOD site. SOOOO much fun! Still my favorite form of cardio and my favorite kickboxing workouts.
ID Detox 30 Letting Go Yin was my Yoga but I got interrupted and only got through half. LOVELY as usual Yin from Travis.

Today was Cathe FitTower Total Body. I did the mix that included the bonus abs. This is the best DVD out of the set and I was totally able to use my pullup stand again. I really enjoyed this and went as heavy or heavier than Cathe on everything. It seems like I had been doing so much band work that it was great to have more weight work again.

Unsure of Yoga yet. More Travis?

Have a marvelous weekend everyone!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 03:02 PM  
manleym

Hey Friends! I'm catching a breath and need a mental break - so you get me for a minute. HA!

KateTT I wish you would come to my house and get our yard in shape. We have plants, but they're mainly ones that need little maintenance/ can't kill, like crape myrtles. NOTHING will kill those things! I should plant some tulip bulbs this coming fall. You're right - it's easy peasy. That's what I did with the daffodils and iris's from my mom's yard. Speaking of which, our iris's usually bloom around the at the beginning of April, which is right around my dad's bday (or would have been). Our family used to have about a 2-3 acre garden when I was a kid and while I hated the work (picking, canning, etc.) there was nothing that tasted better. Peaches straight off the tree with the juice running down your arm. Nothing better. Now I appreciate those days.

Kittybug yep, 2 Patrick's in one week is almost undoable. But you are FN1, so of course you can do it! But don't ya just love Patrick? He's just such a nice guy! I haven't done either of those workouts in awhile, but I vaguely remember modifying some of the moves to make them more doable.

Cataddict and Bee sorry to hear about your husbands! That's terrible! And scary! I hope they both recover soon. Keep us posted. My husband is really good about asking questions. His lost his dad unexpectedly so I think he tries to stay on top of things. I think his dad was in his 40's when he died and my husband was an early adult. Anyway, it hit him really hard and he's the spitting image of his dad, so I think he has a fear of not staying on top of his health.

ChelePA I'm so bummed that we haven't been able to watch March Madness. Of course I would have cheered for A&M. We have lots of buddies who went there. And to Baylor, now that I think about it. But I LOVE those kinds of games! So fun and intense! Hoping to watch some this weekend.

Kim like the others have said, I always choose the intermediate version when doing any 4x4 workout. That way you can see everyone, instead of just one person. Not sure why he offers the other versions, but I didn't like them. I want to see all the modifiers. And I mostly follow Paul and Sarah. Sometime Brandon, but not always.

Yesterday I did Cathe Live #340 Double Trouble and REALLY liked it! It was all weights - some heavy (20 lbs) to light (5 lbs). It reminded me of a PHA workout because you would do 2 upper body moves, then 2 lower body, back to upper, etc. It was just right for me yesterday. Not sure what I'm going to do today. Kinda wanted to do some of the Caroline and Anna workouts ChelePA and others have been mentioning.

ChelePA and I are going to start Heather's 4 week rotation from 2 Lazy if anyone would like to join us. I probably won't do all of the workouts because I still want to keep Thursdays for Cathe Live. And I may want to continue doing some Anna and Caroline workouts, but I definitely want to add in some of Heather's from this rotation. Might do 3-4 a week.

Here's the link if your interested - https://2lazy4gym.com/2021/03/18/hea...week-rotation/

We don't have a start date. Just whenever ChelePA has finished her Anna March Challenge. Would love for ya'll to join us!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 03:12 PM  
ChelePA

I’m good to start Heather’s rotation Sunday or Monday. Whatever works best for all. The one thing I like about the rotation that 2 lazy posted is she gives multiple options but often the main workout is less than an hour. I plan to rotate in other instructors like I did with Anna’s shorter routines.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 03:25 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Thanks to everyone for the husband concern. He's a bit better today -- wearing an abdominal compression thing, has some pain meds, and as he says "knowing I'm not going to die helps". He and I were both freaked out about it yesterday but neither one of us told the other (until after). Funny how so many men do have a problem with staying on top of their health. I think for my husband it's because he's afraid. I'm glad to hear your husband's not that way, manleym -- but with that kind of a background you'd hope that would be the case.

cataddict, great news about the lack of surgery! I hate the sound of "a bone chip that won't go anywhere" though. Chele, whenever I see anyone in a boot I always think about hip problems -- not only do you have to walk funny, but having your hips that much out of alignment for so long is just not good. You'd think some clever person in that industry would have come up with a better solution by now.

Oh, manleym, your link didn't work for me. Maybe this one will:
https://2lazy4gym.com/2021/03/18/hea...week-rotation/
I took a look and I think I may join you guys for a workout here and there but I want to mix up the instructors more.

I need to check out that Smart Flow, Kate! I'm not sure I know what you're talking about.

So I attempted PRS1 today. I had a hard time with some of those combos. I sort of wonder if I've never tried the whole workout before because I only remembered the parts that were in that premix we did a couple of weeks ago. I like that the workout was at a pretty fast clip, but some of those moves were tough for me at that speed. I thought I might be in a boot afterward!!

Happy Friday!!
Old 03-27-21, 06:57 AM  
ChelePA

I see 2lazy4gym has started doing Caroline’s workouts. I recommended Anna and Kat in an email a few weeks ago. We’ll see what she thinks if she decides to try those classes.

Anna’s HIIT It Harder Day 26 was a short 12 minute tabata workout. No repeats. No warm up or cool down. 20/10 format. Nice add on to my 45 minute Billy Joel cycling class. It wasn’t a true tabata for a few of the exercises but that’s the norm for many of her routines.

Happy Saturday!
Old 03-27-21, 06:59 AM  
ChelePA

Bee... I never thought I would master PRS1. I felt so accomplished once I could do the routine with no pausing. It’s a favorite of mine but definitely requires some practice.
Old 03-27-21, 01:10 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey all! Happy weekend!!

Chele, I'm glad I'm not alone with the PRS1 choreography challenge! And it'll be interesting to see 2lazy's reviews of Caroline!

I went with Anna's Freaky Friday workout this morning -- that was a goodie! The worst move for me was those lunge/lunge jumps. Ug! And when she did the squat to heel tap jumps, well, I just did regular jumps. I don't do heel taps (or whatever they're called) for fear of falling on my face.

We are supposed to have gorgeous weather this weekend -- I hope all of you have something at least decent!
Old 03-27-21, 05:54 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I’m good to start Heather’s rotation Sunday or Monday. Whatever works best for all. The one thing I like about the rotation that 2 lazy posted is she gives multiple options but often the main workout is less than an hour. I plan to rotate in other instructors like I did with Anna’s shorter routines.
I'm good starting Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Oh, manleym, your link didn't work for me. Maybe this one will:
https://2lazy4gym.com/2021/03/18/hea...week-rotation/
I took a look and I think I may join you guys for a workout here and there but I want to mix up the instructors more.
Sorry the link didn't work, Bee. Thanks for reposting it. And yes, join us when you can. And that goes for anyone interested. I think I'm going to look at Heather's workouts for each week, pick out the ones I want to do, then add in other instructors.

Quote:
I see 2lazy4gym has started doing Caroline’s workouts. I recommended Anna and Kat in an email a few weeks ago. We’ll see what she thinks if she decides to try those classes.
I noticed that she has some Caroline reviews too. I'm glad you emailed her about Anna and Kat. I was wondering if she knew about them.

Yesterday I did Heather’s Cardio Kickboxing Fat Burning Workout + Cardio Kickboxing Workout. Both were decent cardio workouts, but I would have liked some back and side kicks, and hooks/upper cuts. Both workouts were mostly front kicks and front jabs. I wore weighted gloves, but light hand weights would work too. Heather used light hand weights.

Today I did Caroline's 5 Min Full Body Warm Up + Caroline Defiant Dumbbell HIIT Workout + Anna 30 min Killer Leg Workout - Lower Body, No Equipment, No Repeat - Hiit It Harder Day 23. I LOVED both workouts, especially in the order I did them. They really worked well together. I wore ankle weights for Anna's workout, and having done Caroline's before, it was the perfect intensity.

Anyone watching the Baylor/Villanova game? It's REALLY good!! Great ball being played!!
Old 03-27-21, 06:04 PM  
ChelePA

Cheering on my PA Villanova team! Monday sounds good for Heather. I think I’m going to try and follow the main rotation and add on daily with other instructors depending on the length of the Heather routine.
Old 03-27-21, 06:06 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Cheering on my PA Villanova team! Monday sounds good for Heather. I think I’m going to try and follow the main rotation and add on daily with other instructors depending on the length of the Heather routine.
Go Bears!

Sorry about the Villanova player who's injured. Just heard he's pretty valuable to the team.

And Villanova is an AWESOME team! I would be rooting for them if they weren't playing the Bears.

Tags
watulan check-in