Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-24-21, 10:44 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey all! I hope it gets feeling like spring for everyone. Even though temps here can still be on the cool side, it definitely somehow feels like spring is in the air. Maybe there are more birds chirping? We definitely have daffodils out now and I'm also jealous of Kate's tulips, Kim! Trader Joe's has good tulips when they're in, but I just don't really go anymore. Maybe soon.

kittybug, you were so funny with the post mortem! Yikes! And good to know all of your electronics seems fine..... that seems like some sort of small miracle given the kerfuffle.

Hmmm, I'd better check out the new Kat with the cats! What are we up to for Fun Friday? Any ideas? Kate's mention of Party Rockin Step makes me want to do one of those, but I'll do whatever..... I think!

I'm glad you knew who I meant, Kim..... keoni, or something, right? At least we can find him when we want to!

Oh, Chele, wow, it's been a year since you broke your foot?! Wow, in some ways that seems like yesterday, but it was an awfully long year! You were a champ through the healing! And speaking of healing..... how is everyone doing at your house?

This morning I needed some fun so I did Cardio Party with the calorie crush blast added on. It fit the bill, but I can also see myself getting sick of this one. Need to reserve it for special occasions.

Waves all around!!
Old 03-24-21, 05:30 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

It's Wednesday, Watulans!!!

Today was Level Up 108 Cardio on Inner Dimension. Wow! Yep, this really took things up a notch from UY Cardio and I loved it. Travis was so energetic and funny! Love the music, production quality, just all of it, good sweaty breathing hard power yoga fun. So glad I signed up! Kim, I'm glad you signed up too!!

ChelePA, I can't believe it's been a whole year since you broke your foot. Wow! I'm glad that's far behind you now.

FOLV, I'm just giggling thinking of you in armor swinging your bells and cowbells around!

Bee, we have tulips that come up on the side of the house every year, planted by some previous owner and they're already blooming. We get red and yellow ones but they last SUCH a short amount of time it's almost pointless, wahhh!! Today I could have SWORN I saw a hummingbird (seems too early still, really) and I was so excited I made my husband put out some nectar just in case my eyes weren't deceiving me.

Waves all!!!! Hope everyone is doing well this week.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-21, 08:23 PM  
manleym

Just a quick check in to say hi everyone!

Quickly scanning posts and looks like everyone is doing great with workouts. Tulips are my favorite flowers and would love to have some in our yard, but don't. Love them though.

March Madness - keep me updated. I know The Gators, UNT, I'm guessing Tennessee (from your posts) are out...what about Abilene? Are they still in?

Work is INSANE!!! But it won't last long. Couple of more weeks. Still working out (well not Monday - it WAS Madness!) but the workouts aren't what I had originally planned. Having to do shorter workouts since I've been working later than normal. But I did finish 4x4 yesterday. I did I Am Hero 2 so I put 4x4 "to bed."

Glad to read how everyone is doing! Hoping to hop on later this week to respond to posts.

Waves to everyone!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-21, 08:37 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug I had no idea tulips don’t last long. They seem like such a sturdy flower. I just assumed they stay awhile like daffodils. Bummer.

Tonight I was in the mood for some jumping and some Cathe so I did Ripped with Hiit Plyo Hiit 1. Fun, tough workout, quick and dirty. I was going to do a Travis 30for30 practice but my neighbor texted and asked if I could take out her dogs for pee breaks this evening. I ran out of time and energy. I love her dogs. Two tiny ones, two middle sized and a Rottweiler. They’re so fun but by the time I’m done walking five of them it’s 45 minutes.

Time for bed. Have a great night, my Watulan friends.
Old 03-24-21, 08:40 PM  
ChelePA

Did anyone watch Texas A & M versus Iowa State. Such an exciting game!!! Buzzer beater in OT! I felt so bad for Iowa State.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-21, 09:35 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans!

Yesterday was a challenge for sure! I was wakened suddenly by a loud crash at the bottom of the steps! My DH had gotten up early to take Tank to the vet for a periodontal exam and missed one of the steps when he was taking the empty carrier downstairs to get the cat. He twisted and fell on his ankle and dropped down flat on his back on the floor. He had a doctor's appointment already scheduled for Tuesday so at least he could get it checked out quickly without going to the ER. I didn't want him driving with a bad right leg so I took him to the dr. and waited in the car since I couldn't go in due to COVID. The dr. sent him to get an xray of the ankle right away and it turns out he has a fracture. So yesterday all my workout plans were blown sky high, but it's not like it's his fault, poor guy. He was referred to a podiatrist so tomorrow he will know his options. I can't go in with him again, which is tough since I'm usually the one who asks the questions. Anyway we are hoping no surgery but won't know until tomorrow. Meanwhile Tank had a tooth extraction and since DH isn't very mobile I'm doing the medicating and feeding since he can't have hard food for two weeks so all have to be fed separately. Whew! Fortunately Tank is okay and doing well so far and DH feels a little better today although obviously he's still is pain and hesitant to take the opioid that was prescribed. It's always something!

Today I did Cathe Lives #32 and #44 on the step. They were both relatively short step workouts. #32 consists of high and low impact HiiT exercises alternated and using the step for the high impact. I liked it, but felt I needed more so that's why I did #44 Step Sweat. This is the only Live I've done that Cathe didn't have her hair in a ponytail or pulled back! I liked it---four combos with some fun choreography.

Kim, you have to select which "power" you want to watch on 4 x 4 if you want close up detail on the advanced or easier moves. I had been choosing power of 3 but actually prefer to watch power of 2 since I can still see the modifications up and down even without the close up view.

FN1, oh, yeah, Lean Hot Body is tough, tough, tough! And Patrick is just so d*&! cheerful as you struggle not to collapse in a half dead heap of sweat!

manley, congratulations on completing all the 4 x 4 workouts! I will get there, but it won't be until probably the end of next week at the earliest. They have a little bit of a dread factor for me at this point.

Nathalie, glad you checked in!

bee, I hope the difference in side effects isn't due to Pfizer v. Moderna since DH has his second Moderna shot next week. He's got enough on his plate with his ankle issue so I'm hoping his shot will be uneventful.

Chele, wow, I can't believe it's been an entire year since you broke your ankle! Time really does fly, even in this crazy pandemic-marred year!

horusosiris and FOLV, I think I will pass on the round mat, although it sure looks nice! I'm trying not to buy any more fitness "toys" since heaven knows I have a ton of them and I have three yoga mats already plus puzzle mats that I use for stretching that allow me to have more room for moves.

Gardeners, we are planting pole beans this year where we normally plant tomatoes. We will get some potted tomatoes but wanted to give the tomato bed a rest. They do suck up a lot of the nutrients out of soil. We will probably plant in the next few days since I think our really cold weather is done for the season but DH will no doubt be watching since his ankle probably will not allow him to do any more than that. Kate, I love tulips and so many other bulbs like daffodils but we have too many creatures that dig them up and eat them to be successful growing them.

We really haven't been paying as much attention to March Madness as we normally do. We were rooting for Norfolk State as the "local" team but the writing was pretty much on the wall facing Gonzaga in the second round. Still, it had been years since they even made it to the tournament so good for them. My alma mater didn't make it in this year at all for the first time in many years and the rest of the conference (ACC) got knocked out early so I kind of lost interest although there definitely have been some spectacular games! I love watching Sister Jean rooting for Loyola!

Looking for suggestions for Fun Friday!

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 06:44 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Hi Watulans!

Yesterday was a challenge for sure! I was wakened suddenly by a loud crash at the bottom of the steps! My DH had gotten up early to take Tank to the vet for a periodontal exam and missed one of the steps when he was taking the empty carrier downstairs to get the cat. He twisted and fell on his ankle and dropped down flat on his back on the floor. He had a doctor's appointment already scheduled for Tuesday so at least he could get it checked out quickly without going to the ER. I didn't want him driving with a bad right leg so I took him to the dr. and waited in the car since I couldn't go in due to COVID. The dr. sent him to get an xray of the ankle right away and it turns out he has a fracture. So yesterday all my workout plans were blown sky high, but it's not like it's his fault, poor guy. He was referred to a podiatrist so tomorrow he will know his options. I can't go in with him again, which is tough since I'm usually the one who asks the questions. Anyway we are hoping no surgery but won't know until tomorrow.

Today I did Cathe Lives #32 and #44 on the step. They were both relatively short step workouts. #32 consists of high and low impact HiiT exercises alternated and using the step for the high impact. I liked it, but felt I needed more so that's why I did #44 Step Sweat. This is the only Live I've done that Cathe didn't have her hair in a ponytail or pulled back! I liked it---four combos with some fun choreography.
OMG! What a day you had! You must have had quite a scare. Crossing my fingers so that no surgery is needed!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 07:42 AM  
ChelePA

Cataddict...your day sounds similar to some of mine lately. I’m so sorry to hear about your husband. So scary! Sending positive healing vibes and hoping he doesn’t need surgery. Keep us updated
Old 03-25-21, 08:31 AM  
ChelePA

Anna's HIIT It Harder Day 25 was a 30 minute upper body workout with dumbbells. 2 circuits repeated once. All the exercises are done on the floor. A few different variations of push-ups that I had to modify. The diamond and explosive push-ups were not happening at the speed and level of Anna. I am getting stronger slowly but push-ups are definitely still my nemesis. I then added on a 20 minute pop music cycling class.

Bee...I was hoping Kat would release another step workout this week for Fun Friday. She mentioned a 30 minute one is coming. Plus an advanced routine. I really liked the last express step. I know you mentioned Party Rockin' Step...I love both or a premix. Keep me posted on what you would like to do.
Old 03-25-21, 08:55 AM  
fanofladyvols

cataddict so sorry about your hubs! I hope he doesn't need surgery, too. Sending him healing vibes and YOU lots of energetic vibes to handle tank and the extra that you'll have to do for the hubs! ( I should probably get puzzle mats but since they'd go over carpet I am hesitant that they'd split easily.)

Hugs!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in