Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-21, 08:53 PM  
ChelePA

Cataddict...great news. No side effects. My mom also had Pfizer with no issues. So I stopped by to say my bike is officially assembled and I am so happy with it! Couldn’t resist doing a workout or two. Haha. I cycled to an all 80s class then all Prince. Both shorter workouts. Loving all the options on the Peloton app. I may have to check out other classes in the future. I really missed cycling. It’s been just over a year. I definitely need to build up my stamina again. I was a sweaty mess.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-21, 06:55 AM  
ChelePA

If you're looking for an awesome total body workout with weights done in under 40 minutes, you need to try Caroline's newest release today...Defiant Dumbbell HIIT Workout! I am not a fan of weight as you all know, but I loved this one and it's quick pace. Each exercise is performed for 2 sets, often one side then the opposite. The timer is set for 30 seconds of work, 15 seconds rest.

There is a staple exercise consisting of a push up on the dumbbells, plank tuck (either step back or hop) to stand to a full range squat. Sounds harder than it is. She goes at a fairly slowly pace so if I can keep up with her, anybody can

She's using 8 kg weights, I used much lighter. She struggled to finish several upper body moves whereas I felt the burn but could continue with my 8-10 pound dumbbells. I'm sure you ladies will be lifting much heavier than me.

I think I am going to try add cycling daily if possible. Can you tell I missed these classes so much The Peloton app has workouts that are 10 to 60 minutes. Today was a Bon Jovi mix

I finished with Anna's HIIT It Harder Day 21- 15 minute full body stretch.

Can't wait to enjoy the sunshine! 60s all week...yay! I actually might pull my mountain bike out that I got as a gift for Christmas. Besides step, cycling has always been a favorite. Happy Sunday!
Old 03-21-21, 07:31 AM  
fanofladyvols

bee and kittybug you two made me giggle. Maybe I will change one day to a cowbell ..still wear orange and blue though

ChelePA CONGRATULATIONS!! Your reclaimed joy at spinning made me smile!

Kim I hope you had that walk with hubby and are having a good weekend, too.

cataddict thanks and I am happy to read you are able to safely modify as you give yourself time to fully heal.

horusosiris not missing Cathe live by doing a Cathe workout sounds perfect! I make myself a chocolate milk with crushed ice so I won't miss a chocolate shake.

manley I have serious calluses on my hands from kettlebelling, hah! I usually get blisters and these calluses during spring and fall when I garden. So maybe this has me ready to rock and roll Garden Max '21..?

lavna and Garrie what are you up to these days?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-21, 02:47 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday, Watulans!

Yesterday I did Paul's Warrior 1 from 4 x 4. I feel bad in saying this, but I don't know that I like this series although Paul is a favorite and I like his background people. I can't really put my finger on it---it's not a specific exercise or quad. Maybe I feel like I'm working hard but not really accomplishing anything? I don't think I'm building up cardio stamina with short bursts and because of the intensity and pace I can't use too heavy a weight in the muscle work to improve my strength or endurance. At least he doesn't do pushups at a breakneck pace (looking at you, Cathe) but he hasn't made me love them yet! Anyway I'm not sure if I will repeat the Warriors a second time like I did with the Athlete and Change workouts. Those of you who are doing or have done this series, what are your thoughts?

I haven't planned what to do today, other than vacuum and laundry max, but probably cardio of some sort. Will check in later!

ETA: FOLV, yes I'm proud of myself for my restraint at not going too hard when my leg started to feel better. I'm not the most patient person so it took a lot of effort. And girl, I applaud you for believing that chocolate milk with crushed ice tastes like a chocolate shake.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience

Last edited by cataddict; 03-21-21 at 02:50 PM. Reason: to add thought
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-21, 04:20 PM  
manleym

Happy Sunday all! Anyone enjoying March Madness? Who saw #1 Illinois losing to Loyola? But that's what I love about March Madness. You just never know what's going to happen and "unknown" small schools have a chance to compete against these massive powerhouses. That doesn't happen in football. Of course I'm keeping my eye on ACU and UNT, hoping they'll both go far. Watched Baylor/Wisconsin and we'll watch Florida/Oral Roberts tonight since hubby is a Gator.

Well friends, no Fun Friday workout for me. I had to work about 1 1/2 late and by the time I got home I was just done. Friday was one of the most stressful work days I've had all year, but it's over. The next 3-5 weeks are going to be crazy busy. I'm testing about 120 students so the planning and scheduling has been a nightmare. Some of the kids are face to face learners but most are virtual learners. I had some deadlines on Friday and wanted to get alot done so when I walk in tomorrow I won't be scrambling last minute. So sorry I wasn't able to join ya'll for Cathe's Step N Motion. Should be good to join ya'll this coming Friday.

Yesterday was Lunch with Friends Max, Clean Up the Yard Max, and KCM Stepboxing Kickboxing & Dumbbell Drills. I met a couple of friends for lunch, who I haven't seen since the pandemic started. It was a beautiful day so we sat outside. It felt so nice to be with them again. Then hubby and I worked in the yard getting all the dead grass, leaves, weeds cleaned up. That took several hours since there was so much to do. I wanted to workout since I had missed Friday (GRR!) but didn't want anything crazy intense since I had done Yard Max. So I pulled out KCM Stepboxing which I haven't done in a long time, and did the Kickboxing & Dumbbell Drills premix. I liked it for something different. I liked doing alternating the kickbox and dumbbell moves since there aren't that many workouts (that I know of) that do this.

We haven't planted anything either. We might next weekend or in a few weeks. I think we lost a few plants in the freeze so we may be replacing some of those too. I have some pots I want to fill so I'm hoping to find something soon.

Horusosiris glad you're not missing Cathe Live yet. It does help having her dvds so you do get her workouts. And think of all the new to you workouts you'll have if/when you re-subscribe. It will be fresh and new again.

Kittybug sorry to hear that 2 weeks of every month are going to be swamped for awhile. I'm right there with ya. The next 3-5 weeks are going to be the busiest I've had all year and will be glad when they're over. Keep me posted on what you find out about fabric bands. How would they have the same tension as rubber? Seems like there would be as much tension because the fabric would just continue to stretch, although now that I'm typing this there has to be elastic or rubber inside the fabric.

Cataddict great news that everything went as well as it could when you got your 2nd shot and that you haven't had any side effects. Yay! We get our 2nd Pfizer shot April 9. Hoping for the same side effects as you. None! HA! And I haven't repeated any of the 4x4 since I Am Change. Although I really do like I Am Athlete 1 and might do that one again. I have Hero 2 + Amy's workouts left to do. Not sure I'll repeat them though. I think of these as cardio workouts since the weight moves are really metabolic more than strength because you can't go heavy. I'll use these when I want a metabolic workout with a different instructor/moves. I will have to say that I did Cathe Live #339 Shock Body Bootcamp on Thursday, which is the same format as 4x4 - cardio, upper, lower, core. Cathe uses step for cardio - typical athletic moves, not choreographed moves. I think Hero was harder than #339. 339 was a really good workout, but for whatever reason Hero seemed harder.

Chele glad you're enjoying your bike! I'm keeping track of your Anna/Caroline workouts to add into my schedule. Thanks for posting your reviews so I know which ones to do. Great that your mom didn't have any side effects from the shot either. I know you're relieved that she's vaccinated.

Bee I need to get rid of my "nice/fancy" clothes too because I haven't worn them in years. We don't go anywhere that I need to wear them and as a culture we just don't dress up anymore. No hose, no suits/skirts, heels. I'm VERY glad we don't dress like that anymore, but that was the norm for so long and as a culture we've become much less formal. In every area really.

Time's gotten away from me. Gotta go get lunch ready for this week.

Hugs and waves to all, but especially Kim, Kate, FOLV,Nathalie, and Garrie. Hope I didn't miss anyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-21, 08:26 PM  
ChelePA

Manleym...loving March Madness!!! So many upsets! So many excellent games!
Old 03-21-21, 09:40 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Manleym...loving March Madness!!! So many upsets! So many excellent games!
ChelePA and manley LOTS of good b-ball!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-21, 08:35 AM  
ChelePA

I am loving this warmer weather. We can all visit with my mom outdoors for longer periods of time...especially now that she is vaccinated too.

Anna's HIIT It Harder Day 22 was You vs You HIIT Total Body Workout, No Equipment. Also, no repetition which is my favorite! She did a nice variety of moves to work the whole body. So glad she did the one handed burpees in the beginning and not the end where she usually puts them . I am really liking Anna's workouts...moderate pace, minimal impact, and you feel the burn. Her 50 on, 10 off is challenging. I then added on a 30 minute cycling workout. The Greatest Showman Remix.

Kat recently celebrated a year with her YouTube challenge. She is starting a new series of 30 minute step workouts. I previewed the choreography on the newest release. Looks like fun! I will probably add it on for tomorrow...my two for Tuesday.

Hoping everyone is having nicer weather! Enjoy!
Old 03-22-21, 09:50 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Goodness another week is upon us!

Friday just when I was running a backup for all my hard work, our power, um, well, the best way to describe it is FIZZLED for a good minute, scared the heck out of us, then it went out. No workout for me, and I was terrified I'd have corrupt files when it came back on. It did come back on over an hour later, thankfully, and so far, no issues that I've found (crosses fingers, toes, and paws), so phew? So Manleym, my Friday was kind of like yours!

I ended up doing X53 on Saturday instead, then we went out for dinner to celebrate husband's bday. Sunday I did Travis' 'Twisting Surge' flow from YouTube, as those practices filmed at Power Yoga aren't on ID. I swear that class was nearly two hours long without the meditation! Good stuff. Then it was gorgeous outside again so we went for a walk.

Today I'm thinking some kind of endurance total body weights, maybe High Reps, we'll see. It's raining and cold now, grrrrr. Oh well, helps the plants grow, right?

ChelePA, SO freaking happy for you and your bike (and totally jealous, so jealous!).

FN2, I have to admit feeling the exact same way after doing the Warriors that you describe. Yep, hard to put a finger on, but I was just feeling meh. However, I LOVE the Hero workouts, so go figure. This week I intend to visit those Patrick workouts I haven't yet tried and after watching previews again, I'm kinda scared!

FOLV, hah, that's awesome on the 'ready for Garden Max' blister/calluses!!!

Kim, I agree it's impressive Travis and Lauren can cue while doing the practices. Did you decide yet on signing up?

Horusosiris, we only planted some bulbs. Supposed to wait until May to plant anything more here but sometimes we get lucky!! That being said, I have some herbs that have come back already in full force, especially my chives!

Oye, much to do....waves to Bee, Garrie, KateTT, Nathalie, and anyone I might have missed!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-21, 09:52 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Monday to ALL!

Cathe is selling her round yoga mat at the end of this week for $99.00. Now- "To purchase or not to purchase that is the question!

Linda- I wear gloves when using Kettlebells. I got tired of the callouses.

Oh! Did I hear March Madness! Yes! Loving it!

Kittybug and Mickey- I am only planting flowers this year though DH wants to plant a veggie garden. If I were rich, I would have a huge garden (and of course gardeners). I love flowers and gardens. I can tell that allergy season is here because I have been sneezing up a storm.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in