Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-21, 08:15 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kim you could always test your download speed with something like this at the time you'd think you'd use while he's in one of his meetings.

https://www.speedtest.net/

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-21, 08:12 AM  
ChelePA

Step n Motion made my day!!! I didn’t start with Cathe workouts until the Xtrain Series. This video reminded me of the step craze back in high school and college. Always my favorite! I loved seeing her so young and the beginnings of her awesomeness. A little whooping but not too crazy . A nice variety of exercises for a total body workout—Basic Step, Plyo, Balance, Upper Body Weights, and Abs. It would be good for those new to step. She jumped so high in the one plyo section. Energizer bunny! There were a few crazy arm moves that I am glad she no longer uses . Funny to see her lifting 5 pound weights. I used 10 pounds for the shoulders and biceps and I really felt it. Especially the pace of the bicep work. For lateral raises, I used the same but increased to 15 pound dumbbells for the chest exercises. Nice quick ab section and stretch. Can’t wait to hear your impressions!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-21, 12:39 PM  
manleym

Look at you FOLV! Love your avatar!

Although it really should be of you holding the bell high above your head in a victorious stance.

ChelePA thanks for the report on Step N Motion. Looking forward to doing it today.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-21, 01:33 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey all! Happy Fun Friday! I don't think I ever checked in yesterday. I got up super early -- like 330 am, did the first day of the new Travis detox -- I liked it -- no nonsense yoga, as mentioned. That Batman garage is kind of wild -- I wonder what it is really used for. I'm waiting for the cool lighting. Anyway, I never went back to bed -- it was a really long morning, long day, but I never felt tired. So strange. I went to bed early last night, of course, and slept really well. Mostly. My husband has the dogs come in with us sometimes and it is not easy to sleep with them on the bed!

Ok, fun Friday...... that old Cathe..... Chele, did you really like it as much as you said? No offense to Cathe but I think that was the most boring Fun Friday workout that's ever been done. It was ok, but just so much repetition and no fun stepping. I don't need to do that again. It was super fun to see her so young and she did jump super high -- I noticed that too -- it was like she was floating. Were you thrown off by the left lead at all? I figure it was good for my brain!

And beyond that, I have just been busy getting rid of stuff, cleaning stuff, etc. Yes, it is funny how our wardrobes have changed over the last year. I feel I will never again need anything nice to wear. When a friend commented that there might be some occasion in the future I said by then I will want to find something new! It is all going out!

I have to check out Caroline's kettlebell workouts -- sounds good! I know what you mean about using pounds instead of kg, Chele.

Linda..... you have the wrong kind of bell in your new avatar! Where's your cowbell?!

Hope you all are enjoying your Friday! Happy Weekend!!
Old 03-19-21, 01:47 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Friday, Watulans!!

I'm still absolutely swamped, ug. It's going to be this way about two weeks out of every month for the next few months, unfortunately.

So yesterday was the X10 warmup to ready myself for Katami I Am Hero 2 which was kinda, well, really hard!!! I do love all the total body/core focus with all the crazy moves and how these workouts are designed overall though. Like Manleym said, you just don't really see many of these moves in other stuff. The entire set is worth having just for the Hero workouts alone, hah!

And weird, Bee, but I too didn't sleep at all night before last. Unlike you though, I was dragging all day. Hero 2 woke me up for sure.

Today is my 'intense cardio' day in my current planned rotation, so I think I'm doing some form of X10, but NOT X77, maybe one of the X-50-somethings. Not in the mood to drag a step out!

FOLV, LOVE your avatar but yes, should be a cowbell in there too!!!

ChelePA, good on you for enjoying the vintage Cathe! She is SO YOUNG there! And those crazy outfits.

KateTT, I've been browsing the ID site and just can't decide what practice to do next, OMG! So much to choose from.

Kim, I totally hear you on internet concerns. Thankfully I practice when it's not an issue. I think having the membership will enable me to get in my intended twice-weekly practice in my current rotation plan, which I'm enjoying a lot right now!

FN2, crossing fingers for your second dose!

Manleym, like you, I don't have any fabric bands and didn't even KNOW there was such a thing....aaaand now I feel myself becoming obsessed. Does. It. Ever. End???? Glad you and husband were able to get started on the shots.

All right, gotta run again....will check in later this weekend. Have a wonderful day/rest of your evening everyone!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-21, 02:09 PM  
ChelePA

Bee... The blast from the past had me smiling more due to good memories of stepping with my friends. We weren’t wearing those outfits though. But the hairdos looked very familiar. Ha ha. It’s not something I would return to but I really enjoyed seeing Cathe in her early days and how her style has changed through the years.
Old 03-20-21, 08:13 AM  
ChelePA

Anna's HIIT It Harder Day 19 and 20...trying to stay on track since I skipped yesterday's workout for Fun Friday. Day 19 was a 40 minute circuit workout. Her usual 3 circuits, repeated once. By circuit 3, I was really feeling it especially when she finished with burpees into tuck jumps. Day 20 was a 15 minute booty burn workout. It was a nice add on to the circuit routine. She did 15 exercises, 30 seconds each with no rest then repeated them. This could easily be made more difficult with ankle weights or a resistance band. I didn't need the extra challenge at the end so I stayed at what I would consider an intermediate level.

The more I follow Anna, the more I realize she has some basic moves that she mixes around to slightly change things up with each routine. I guess similar to Cathe. Not sure if this is true for all her workouts but for the March challenge, this seems to hold true. This is probably the same for most instructors...that's why it's nice to have such a variety!
Old 03-20-21, 11:08 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Saturday and Spring has officially arrived!

Anyone doing any Spring planting? I want to plant some annuals but I am going to wait until a little later in the season when it is warmer. We still have been having some cold days here.

Chel and Manelym- I enjoyed the Step N' Motion workout. It was fun to revisit a vintage Cathe. Cathe in her early days was really something although I am glad though that she and Cedie got rid of the whooping in some of the step workouts

I thought I would have Cathe withdrawal since this is the first week since Cathe began Cathe Live that I have not subscribed, but I was fine (maybe because I did do a Cathe workout today?).

Kim - Internet woes are no fun! I have been there. It is especially difficult when the internet goes down when i am trying to teach a zoom cla but thankfully that has not occurred often.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-21, 12:11 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday, Watulans!

Thursday a.m. was the second Pfizer shot. I didn't have to park quite as far away but still far enough. My leg was fine, and the stormy weather didn't hit until later in the day so I was lucky. It's now been 2 days and I have had no side effects from the shot at all! I was slightly tired Thursday afternoon but I didn't sleep well the night before so I really think it was that. I did Athlete 2 to finish out the Athlete workouts from 4 x 4 so I'm ready to move on to the Warriors! I read 2Lazy4Gym's review of 4 x 4 out of curiosity and she made a few good points. I looked at the rotation sheet that I had started and I agree that doing the workouts back to back isn't really what I would normally do. She said the Warrior and Hero workouts were worth the price of the set so I'm looking forward to those!

Yesterday I dragged out my old 4 inch step and did a Kat step that she called Intermediate with Advanced options. I had no issue with my leg using the step at this height so I'm very encouraged. As far as the routine goes, I did some of my own modifications to make it more intense (like for the 10 lunges I went around the step instead) but I did enjoy it. The step I used is shorter as well as lower, so I had a cat at the end of the step so I had to chasse around the cat as well as the step during the workout.

So yes, I went rogue on Fun Friday. As I mentioned, I have that Cathe workout on VHS, so I wanted to try something different for my return to step. IIRC, I did this workout on the BOSU the last time I did it. Funny, I never wore my hair like that during that era, probably because it never would have cooperated. I did have scrunchies, though!

Chele, did I miss where you got your bike and have put it together? Please give us an update! And I noticed a big similarity between the few Anna workouts that I've done. I agree that every instructor has a "style" and that's why I like to do a number of different instructors to satisfy my need for variety.

horusosiris, yes that era was notable for whooping! Fortunately it faded away with time as I despise it when I hear it now. One of the old CIAs I have has Greg Twombly whooping. Not a good "look."

manley, did you enjoy Step N Motion 1?

bee, congratulations on continuing your declutter project. I need to get rid of most of my "nice" clothes but during the pandemic I worry that what I donate will end up in the landfill since there isn't the need for them right now. I even have some formal dresses from annual formal Christmas parties that my company did and I would like to see them go to someone who will be able to wear them.

FN1, good for you for keeping up with your workouts during your busy time! Take care of yourself!

FOLV, I also love your new avatar! Cute!

Kim, thanks for the reminder about the Turbo Fire/TK workouts. I don't have Turbo Kick, but the TF workouts are a good cardio add on and now that I've pretty much done all the Kat step workouts that I'm going to do of her current releases, I need some fill in cardio.

Kate, glad your brother got his first shot. Vaccine administration seems to vary a lot even within the same state. I live in the state's largest city, yet they are not finished with getting everyone at least scheduled for appointments so they can move on to the next "phase." Other parts of the state are finished with my "group" and are ready to go or are going to the next group. I'm glad I'm finished with my shots and had no effects and I'm hoping DH has the same experience when he gets his second shot on April 1st.

Waves to Nathalie and Garrie!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-21, 12:36 PM  
Mickey12

Bee I think Travis said the set in the new Yoga Detox series was used in a movie. He put the Bend Don't Break practice from Yoga Detox on his Youtube channel so I did that one today. I am still pondering the Inner Dimensions sale. Anyway, I really liked the practice. Did one of you (Bee maybe) comment on how impressive it is that Travis cues the practice while he does it? Did I dream that? Anyway, I was surprised that he didn't do voice over instruction since he was actually doing the practice. It makes me wonder how much of his instruction is from a script versus what comes off the top of his head. Either way, it's impressive.

Cataddict I'm happy you didn't have any effects from your second vaccine. Yeah!!!

Horusosiris I don't plant anything where I am in Pennsylvania until after Memorial Day. Even then, it seems the first week of June ends up being cold so if I do plant on Memorial Day weekend, the next few days don't lend very much in the way of growth, so sometimes I wait until a few days into June. We used to plant a very small garden, but the past few years yielded really poor results so we haven't put in a garden in a couple years. I'm hit or miss on flowers in the front yard too. I like flowers, but I don't enjoy weeding or planting necessarily, so if I do put them in, it's usually with a feeling of guilt because I know they make the yard look nice. But I really don't enjoy the process. Are you planting vegetables or just flowers?

Hope everyone has a great weekend. It's sunny and beautiful today here.

Tags
watulan check-in