Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-09-21, 05:15 PM  
ChelePA

Manleym...around ankles is the harder move versus above knees. I used a really heavy band so I just followed her lead. But at the ankles will add intensity.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 06:45 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hey Watulans!

Today was Katami I Am Athlete 1 and yep, goodness, these get harder! I really liked this one but it felt REALLY HARD to me today! Maybe I'm not fully recovered from X77, plus I'm pretty dang sore from the Travis yoga yesterday. Sorta worried about trying Ingrid tomorrow, eek!

Hah, Nathalie, that's hilarious about the bathroom for ChelePA's trip! Keep us posted, Chele! We're all eagerly awaiting good news!

Bee, I'm waiting for the torte report (see, that's a rhyme!), mmmmmm!!! And kinda bummer about the Inner Dimension stuff. Dang. Well, maybe I'll venture into it soon anyway. Right now I'm enjoying my YouTube Yoga days so I'll hang there for a bit!

Horusosiris, I think I passed you on the road in a cloud of dust, heading for the Bee line (hah hah) for my chocolate fix!

I'm thinking I will finally get to try that Kat workout for Fun Friday, though my Fun Fridays have been derailed so many times lately I haven't actually had one, so not holding my breath. What's everyone else planning?

Stay fierce, Watulans!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-21, 01:04 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Drumroll....... Torte Report! .......

It was yummy. Not hard to make and no problems with it, but it wasn't quite what I was thinking it would be. It had a thin layer to mousse that got baked and I was imagining that being more like a dense cake, but of course it was not. It was a light layer. But sheesh, chocolate and whipped cream.... what could go wrong?! Funny enough my niece posted a thing she made for her husband's birthday that looked exactly like what I was thinking mine would be. I told her I need the recipe. That's the only I'll make for the Watulans!

manleym, three workouts! Yowza!! Chele explained the band to you. I did Ingrid's Glute workout this morning -- a fair number of moves with the band -- about half, I guess. And I have those fabric bands I like to use, but those don't work well on the ankles -- there's not enough stretch. I ended up finding a regular (long) band that was tied in a loop and had longish ends I had to make sure I didn't trip on.

I liked the workout! I was sort of surprised since it was so repetitive, but maybe I'm getting a bit used to that -- I did feel like I could do a better job on subsequent rounds. I did not like that knee squat one -- my knees got so sore. I'm too old for that. But I did them all. What did the rest of you who did it think of it?

Ok, I feel like I've been trying to write this forever. My husband is sitting near me on a phone call and saying all kinds of things he shouldn't be. So my ears keep going there and he is driving me nuts!!!! Hope you all have a great day.
Old 03-10-21, 01:42 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey all....sorry drive by post. Between work and dealing with some family issues, I'm usually out of time for posting.

Great workouts this week so far and I got some new Cathe LITE and Fit Tower workouts to add into my rotation. Yeah I know.

Monday was MetaShred Extreme MetaGainz Upper. More weights, less bands. This time you work for 2 minutes with a 30 sec rest. I'm still using the fat grips and could feel this workout in my forearms a lot.
Yoga: PowerYoga.com, Steve Jones - Mellow Out. Just a mellow practice.

Yesterday I did Cathe Perfect 30 HiiT Mix 9. Includes low impact, high impact, pyramid hiit and Ext stretch. I think this is my fav out of the P30 set.
Yoga: Gaia, David Magone 3 Week Toning Challenge. LOVE his practices!!

Today was MetaShred Extreme MetaGainz Lower. It seems like the moves are getting a bit harder. We'll see if this one kills my legs like last week. I also am NOT following it up tomorrow with a step workout. LOL

More Magone shortly for my afternoon Yoga.

Take care, I'll be back when I have a bit more time. HUGS

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-21, 03:47 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Wednesday to ALL

Today I did Ingrid’s Weighted Glutes workout. I only did 2 sets of each exercise because I also did her Get the Edge Challenge Lower Body workout 1. The two workouts complemented each other.

Yesterday I did Trampit 12 and ES week nine -Upper- Back and Biceps workout. I generally jump on my rebounder barefoot or with my Merrill Barefoot Pace sneakers

Bee- did you save me some of the Torte? I am still on my way because there was a traffic jam. When I do the Knee squats, I put padding under my knees.

Chel- So you visited my great city once again today. I hope all went well with the post op visit today.

Mickey and Cataddict - can you share your molasses cookie recipe with me?

Manelym-
I will do Cathe Live with you tomorrow. I hope that it is a good one!

Kate- I hope your family issues resolve soon. You are making me want to revisit some of my Metashred Extreme workouts.

Lavna- How is the weather up North? Has Spring arrived?

Have a wonderful evening today!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-21, 06:28 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quick drive-by post here, Watulans!

I'm another who did Ingrid's Weighted Glutes today. Like Horusosiris, I put padding under my knees for those kneeling squats and really, pretty much for anything on my knees or they get terribly cranky! This was not nearly as bad as her Weighted Legs workout but I was having trouble getting resistance right. I ended up using both bands and added heavier weights as I went on some things, and next time I will also use ankle weights on certain parts. But dang, those kneeling squats, oye, I do NOT like them! Like Bee though, I still did them.

Yes, please share these recipes, Watulans, Kim, FN2, and Bee, please!!

Kate, sorry about the family issues and hope things improve soonly!!

Hope all is well with ChelePA too.

Stay fierce, Watulans!!

Old 03-10-21, 08:46 PM  
Mickey12

Hello Watulans!

I also did Ingrid's weighted glutes tonight. I did the first set of the kneeling squats and they felt too unsafe for my knees so I just did regular squats for the rest. I felt like the band work was fairly easy and thought of doubling up on the bands but I didn't. My legs don't feel too bad now but I'm expecting tomorrow I will feel it.

Regarding my molasses cookie recipe, it actually comes from my great grandmother and it's not very precise. There is no flour measurement. It just says "flour to make a stiff dough, knead on board". I don't have an oven temperature or how much time to bake. It calls for lard. If you guys are still interested, let me know and I'll PM you the entire recipe.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 03-11-21, 09:28 AM  
ChelePA

Hi all...our appointment went well yesterday. Nasal sheaths and sutures removed. She can breathe and taste again! First time ever she can actually breathe through both nostrils. Still have dissolvable sutures in the nose area but we are making progress! Return appointment in 3 weeks. Things should be much approved by then. It will take months before she will be completely healed. Still can't get the area wet. She is sick of me helping her with the shower...haha. Remember same thing for her broken finger. Teenagers like their privacy. She has been amazing with surgery and recovery. Rarely complaining and continuing to go to cyber school. The doctor was quite surprised how well she did post-op. Usually first week is a nightmare. She was afraid to look at herself in the mirror. She actually wore her mask for the first half of the ride...but then finally got the courage to see the results. Still some swelling and steristrips in place to help with scarring but overall she thought things looked ok. This is my biggest fear! It's not ever going to be perfect but I can already see the improvement in the symmetry of her nose and lip. I hope she is happy with the results in the end.
Old 03-11-21, 09:48 AM  
ChelePA

Horusosiris...we love NYC! Can't wait until things eventually return to normal. My best friend lives near the American Museum of Natural History. For most holidays, she travels out of the city and lets us stay in her apartment. We have done Thanksgiving, New Year's and Fourth of July in recent years.

Bee...your dessert sounded delicious!

Kittybug...what Kat step video are you doing Friday? I was hoping she would release a new one but if not I'll join you!

Wednesday's workout was Kick Max. This is actually my least favorite but I thought I would try the workout on my new trampoline. Most of the moves in this one don't take up much space so I rarely had to modify. Just a few of the jump side kick moves. I definitely enjoyed it more as a rebounding routine. Also worked on my balance for many of the moves. I skipped the leg conditioning section at the end.

Today I doubled up on my Anna workouts to stay on track. HIIT it Harder Days 10 and 11. Day 10 was a Full Body using weights, no repeat. She uses 4 kg. I decided to keep it lighter today and only used 6 pounds. It's a great metabolic workout that gets the heart rate up nicely. There was a section where she has her hands on the dumbbells in plank position for several exercises in a row. I modified hands to the floor when she combined it with push-ups. Day 11 was Upper Body Burner, no equipment and no repeat. This one actually worked my core lots. Most of the moves are in some form of plank position. She also includes many variations of push-ups. She finished with a frog stand...wow! Future goals . My wrists were really feeling it towards the end. Both workouts are 30 minutes each including warm-up and stretch.

It's supposed to be 70 here today. I am going to soak up the sunshine before it gets cold again this weekend.
Old 03-11-21, 11:29 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

ChelePA, SO HAPPY all is going so incredibly well with your daughter! That's excellent news!! Thank you for the update. Oh, Kat on Friday, I was thinking of doing that hip-hop step she re-uploaded recently, OR the Advanced Power Step #3, one of those. Have you done either? I think you did the hip-hop one recently, right?

OMG, Bee (and anyone else interested), Inner Dimension is having a 40% off for an annual sub sale with the code SPRINGDETOX and I so am ready to cave! I'm just trying to figure out HOW I would stream it since there's no Roku app and the room I practice in just isn't able to handle hooking up my laptop to the television, ARG ARG ARG!!!! I have until Monday to get it figured out, I suppose...or I could save my money and continue with YouTube but I realllllllly want to sign up!

More later, Watulans!!

Tags
watulan check-in