Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-21, 02:42 PM  
Mickey12

Cataddict I did get The Last Step by Petra. I only have a few Petra Kolber workouts and I didn’t have that one. I like her as an instructor, she’s so cute and motivating but not in your face killer hard. Nice for a change of pace. I have a bunch of her workouts taped from Cable Health Club. She used to do step and high lo workouts for Reebok Versatraining.

I agree with you about the use of Hiit training as a marketing tool. I am in agreement with you on your assessment of the Turbo Fire workouts also. (Wow, I’m awfully agreeable today .) Anyway, the enthusiasm is a little over the top in the Turbo Fires and it was odd at first but I soon adjusted to it and really had fun.

Speaking of number of workouts, I have tried a bunch of times to count how many I have. I always get messed up when I get to volumes that have multiple workouts in them (like P90x). So today I counted how many physical dvd cases I have. 1,041. So my actual number of workouts is much higher than that. I probably have 150 discs that contain multiple workouts that I converted from VHS to DVD. I have so many sets like Insanity and Ultimate Yogi that have lots of workouts within them. I love my collection! Anybody else care to share?
Old 02-20-21, 05:34 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Cataddict I did get The Last Step by Petra. I only have a few Petra Kolber workouts and I didn’t have that one. I like her as an instructor, she’s so cute and motivating but not in your face killer hard. Nice for a change of pace. I have a bunch of her workouts taped from Cable Health Club. She used to do step and high lo workouts for Reebok Versatraining.

I agree with you about the use of Hiit training as a marketing tool. I am in agreement with you on your assessment of the Turbo Fire workouts also. (Wow, I’m awfully agreeable today .) Anyway, the enthusiasm is a little over the top in the Turbo Fires and it was odd at first but I soon adjusted to it and really had fun.

Speaking of number of workouts, I have tried a bunch of times to count how many I have. I always get messed up when I get to volumes that have multiple workouts in them (like P90x). So today I counted how many physical dvd cases I have. 1,041. So my actual number of workouts is much higher than that. I probably have 150 discs that contain multiple workouts that I converted from VHS to DVD. I have so many sets like Insanity and Ultimate Yogi that have lots of workouts within them. I love my collection! Anybody else care to share?
Wow Kim quite impressive! I have mine thrown in baskets. I used to have Cathe in chronological order but now there is no system

Seeing if this post goes through. I've been trying all day.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 07:17 PM  
manleym

Hi Watulan Friends! Hope everyone is having a good Saturday! Things are starting to thaw out which is causing a whole new set of issues with pipes bursting and lack of water. Such a disaster that should and could have been prevented.

Bee Good choice of HST for Fun Friday. I've only done it once, but really liked it. It seemed to have the right amount of cardo, weights, etc. And it does make you huff and puff!

Cataddict Double Down didn't come so I did BB 4. I remember really liking this workout and still do. I will be curious to see how it compares to Double Down. I agree that FN1 probably breezed right through all the of advanced level moves on I Am Change 1 & 2 and probably said to Paul, "that's all you've got?!?" It will be interesting to see what we think of the Change workouts next week after having done them this past week.

Kim, I agree with you and Cataddict about Turbo Fire's being over the top. That's probably why I'll do one workout, then put the series back on the shelf and revisit years later. I'm kinda that way about all of the BeachBody programs. I'll do one workout from the program, and put it on the shelf to revisit (or not) later. Maybe I haven't given them a fair chance, but I just haven't been able to get into any of the programs.

Horusosiris funny story about having to be a die-hard Cowboys fan to retain their "standing" within the family. LOL!!! Do ya'll ask prospective spouses if they are fans?

Chele there are some Youtube foam roller workouts. Sydney Cummings has some that should be good.

Kim you have quite a collection! I've never counted mine so I don't know how many I have. Probably not that many, but I don't know. I keep them, and my workout "toys" in the closet in our TV room. I want Horusosiris's collection. And her gym.

For Surprise Saturday I did Caroline's 5 Min Full Body Warm Up + Day 9 Of Epic Full Body Workout With Dumbbells 1 Hour No Repeat + Heather Full Body Stretch Recovery Day Workout. I liked Caroline's workout, but I thought it became really good around the 40 minute mark and beyond because she different moves, or different twists on moves. There was a nice variety of compound and isometric/isolating moves. I don't know if I'll return to this workout, but it was worth doing.

Opps! Time to start dinner! We're actually going to grill tonight since the grill has thawed out. Hugs and waves to all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 07:27 PM  
Mickey12

ManleyM I’m sorry you’re having such a bad time with the weather and related issues. I hope you’re coping well and will be back to normal soon.

I decided to do Petra Kolber Bootcamp Boogie. This one is really fun! It’s moderate work, a mix of athletic movements (the bootcamp part) and then some dance moves (the boogie part). It’s easy to catch on and I really like the music. Fun, fun, fun!

I hope all you Watulans have a great night.
Old 02-20-21, 09:40 PM  
ChelePA

Tried some new instructors today. Every time I post, I get an error. So frustrating. Hoping to share another day.
Old 02-20-21, 09:42 PM  
ChelePA

I have to keep it only a few sentences per post. Loved Heather Robertson’s Hiit Dumbbell Workout. Excellent metabolic routine with the right weights.
Old 02-20-21, 09:49 PM  
ChelePA

Also tried Matt Cordell. Tabata style workouts. Such a beautiful landscape in the background. Did his 12 minute low impact total body (lots of push ups) plus a 16 minute ab routine. Really liked his style. Not much repetition. However no warm-up or cool down. Plus the music was great especially Let’s Get Ready to Rumble which is scattered throughout. Very motivating!
Old 02-21-21, 09:21 AM  
ChelePA

Kat Gates-Buettner has a new hip hop step video on YouTube. Anyone interested for Fun Friday? It's around 45 minutes.
Old 02-21-21, 09:23 AM  
ChelePA

Manleym...thinking of you and hoping the situation gets better quickly. We have family in Texas. San Antonio and Houston. They had pipes freeze and burst...no water...no power. So scary! Things are slowly improving for them.
Old 02-21-21, 11:42 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday, Watulans!

Sheesh, do I have some catching up to do! Been behind the 8-ball all week, ug. Hoping this week things will be calmer. We also decided to fire our accountant (who is in another state) and get one where we live, so Tax Max was pushed back a bit but is still hanging over my head.

So, workouts for the rest of last week were Crossfire plus Core on Weds, Katami I Am Change 2 on Thurs, and Cathe's High Step Training on Friday because Bee was doing it and it sounded fun! I don't know if it was all the other hard workouts I had done and it was Friday but it also seemed REALLY HARD, Bee, so you're not alone on that!

ChelePA, I hear you on leg woes. I used to be so afraid of heavier weights for lower body and am now the complete opposite because they've really helped (though it always comes down to diet). These days, I think STRONG legs and try to forget about the rest. So glad Winston is doing much better!!

Manleym, that's exactly why I loved Christian's teaching style...some days I just cannot handle all the Travis (and others) 'woo' speak and want straightforward, non-chatty yoga! I'm so glad you and your husband didn't experience the outages the rest of your area did. I was so horrified watching that unfold!

Kim, your collection is so impressive and enviable! My DVDs are organized mostly by grouping all instructors/brands together but I only have a certain amount of space, so the ones not used that don't really fit are in boxes in another room. Sometimes I do go through those though and pull something out when the mood strikes, so I can't bear to part with any.

KateTT, I really now want the Hardcore Extreme workouts. The Terminator will be nothing to you, trust me, and CONGRATS on Cardio Fusion, though we all knew you'd have zero problem!

FN2, I'm so glad you weren't coming down with something. These days it's scary and you never know! And, um, NO, those dang 'hotdogs' in I Am Change 2...I did 30 seconds of those before switching to the second option during both rounds and was kind of dying! In my defense, I had just done Crossfire the day before and felt 'jumped out' but geez, those were awful! I am wanting to move on to the Warrior workouts this week, I think.... I haven't yet had a chance to do the foam roller workout so I need to fit that in too.

Horusosiris, sorry about Shovel Max. I'm hoping we're done for now with that! And I LOVE tea, especially Earl Grey and green/jasmine!!!

Nathalie, I think I'm going to do LBB today because it's been ages and you reminded me of it and I'm craving some solid lower body work. Thank you!

Hope you're doing well too, Garrie! Waves all the way around and hope I didn't miss anyone....better post and cross fingers for no errors!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in