Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-21, 01:49 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

WOOOHOOO! cataddicct and kittybug finished STS! That's what I call FIERCE!

Yesterday I did Cathe STS Total Body. I was actually going to do Live Vertical Loading 2 but my computer just froze up and wouldn't play anything. I have most of the Lives just as .mp4's so I need to burn all my Lives onto dvds. But STS Total was great! I am feeling it today, especially chest and glutes.
I've been working through more of Eoin's Blissology Project 2 practices
Yesterday was Tues Lead with Light by Insaya. It was really quite good.

Today I had to hit Les Mills on Demand. They have a new Combat, Attack, Step and Pump along with several others and I just could not resist any longer. Combat 84 was a blast!!! Great tunes, Dan, Rach and two other instructors back on the stage but it didn't look like there was anyone in the audience. Feeling it! And boy was I drenched!

So far Blissology Project 2 is good but I really like the first one better although I have not gotten through them all yet. Both Eoin and Insaya instruct the different practices. Eoin's Yoga seems to have gotten a lot more "flowy" but so far he is instructing well and it's easy to follow. These also seem to have a few more advanced poses which Eoin mentions but you can stay in the beginning pose if you prefer.

17 degrees BELOW ZERO the last two nights. Yowza! It's too cold!

I've done some of those Body Project workouts. They're quite good. I really liked the ones I did but seem to have too many workouts to do. ;-)

I generally do three strength workouts and two cardio each week (does not include daily yoga). Sometimes it's a bit more strength, sometimes more cardio (like 4x4).

Hope everyone stays well. I read all the posts, just did not reply to all. You make me all so proud! Everyone does so well in their own way. Just amazing! Fierce!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 01:56 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I grew up in a very Catholic neighborhood in Michigan ...
No way, me too!!!! I tried to PM you about it but it didn't work. Anywho, this group never ceases to amaze me with how much we have in common!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 03:08 PM  
ChelePA

Bee...you know me well. I’m actually thinking of doing Growing Annanas daily challenge. She has 30 minute workouts sometimes a tad longer. She calls them HIIT based using no equipment, just body weight for most. I see she started posting them for the new year. If they are similar to the one I did today, I think it will be perfect for me. Not sure if I would do them daily, but maybe several times per week. We’ll see. Then I can add on other workouts since they are shorter in length.

Kate....Brrrrr. We are in the 20s today and I was cold while shoveling. Can’t imagine

I’m good for either Party Rockin’ Step or a Premix if you want to combine both workouts.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 04:14 PM  
manleym

Hi Freezing Watulan Friends! BRRR indeed!! Shiver my timbers it is cold!!

FOLV your song was AMAZINGLY PERFECT! LOL!!! Knew you'd come through!

Kim I wish I could take credit for advising you on Amy's Advanced Step Challenge 3 but I can not. They SCARE me!! I have yet to dip my toe in her step workouts, except Cardio Pump Step. I have ASC 2 & 3 but haven't learned them yet. Yay you for getting through ASC 3!!

ChelePA and Bee I didn't sleep well Saturday or Sunday. What is going on? Weather change you think? Weird that we all didn't sleep well. Hope ya'll sleep better this week.

ChelePA I like Growing Annanas too. I like throwing her in with either Caroline or Heather. I like combining/mixing 2 of the 3 instructors. They're perfect for TwoFer Tuesdays.

Kittybug Christi has 3 complete workouts on Youtube if you want to try one. They're really fun! You'll be singing along before you know it!

Horusosiris and Bee thanks for the series recommendations. We started All Creatures Great and Small last night and are really enjoying it.

For Metabolic Monday I did Cathe Live ICE Chiseled Upper & Lower Body Blast (#85). It was basically a premix of ICE Upper and Lower Body workouts with cardio blasts added in. I liked this one, as it was in a class setting. For some reason that helped yesterday.

I think a premix of PRS 1 & 2 would be fun for Fun Friday. Let's shake it up a little this week.

Time's getting away! Gotta run but hope to pop in later! Hugs and waves to all and HUNKER DOWN!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 06:48 PM  
Mickey12

Maybe it was Cataddict who mentioned the Amy Bento choreography in Advanced Step Challenge 3, or Horusosiris. Now I don’t know.

Kate, jeepers that’s cold! We were in Fairbanks Alaska a few years ago for a vacation. (In June, and it was beautiful weather). They normally get down to -30’s in the winter. It has sort of fascinated me since to imagine temperatures that cold and how animals and humans adapt to live in that extreme cold. I would like to feel it, but just for the experience, not to actually live with it that cold.

Thanks to Garrie for mentioning Turbo Fire because I did Fire 45 class tonight. I can’t remember the last time I did one of these workouts. So fun! The music is fantastic! There’s one song, “Boom I got your boyfriend” and the choreography that goes with it is super, super fun, such good energy with the big group class. Good stuff.

What’s everyone doing for kickbox Wednesday? I was thinking the kickbox from Cathe’s 4 Day Split. I’m up for a Party Rockin Step for Fun Friday.

Last edited by Mickey12; 02-09-21 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Added my workout
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 12:45 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Hump Day!

manleym, I blame not sleeping well Sunday night on having a little more wine than I usually have and some Fritos, to boot! Super Bowl wine and fritos.

Chele, I'm definitely going to have to check out that challenge. I feel like my legs probably need more weight work and maybe heavy would be good, but I feel like body weight/less work is better for my arms. Well, aesthetically anyway. I still need to be able to lift those 50 pound chicken feed bags!!

Today for kickboxing Wednesday I did KickMax. Haven't done that in a long time -- I know it's not a lot of people's favorite -- not really mine either, but boy those leg drills at the end really got to me. Makes me think of Horusosiris and the cross training -- perhaps I need more barre work in my life! Sometimes I really dread that type of work. I used to go to the Bar Method in person and I feel like I'm maybe scarred for life from that.

So it sounds like there's a premix that mixes PRS 1 and 2? I meant to check that after my workout today, but forgot. Sounds fun to me!

Wow, stay warm, peeps!!
Old 02-10-21, 03:34 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
manleym, I blame not sleeping well Sunday night on having a little more wine than I usually have and some Fritos, to boot! Super Bowl wine and fritos.
LOL!! Fritos will get ya every time!

TowFer Tuesday yesterday was 2 Caroline workouts since they were 30 minutes each. I started with a warm up from Mr&Mrs Muscle since Caroline doesn't have warmups. I think I read about their site on this thread, but can't remember. I really liked it and will continue to use their warmups and cooldowns. May explore other workouts too! Then I did Caroline’s 30 minute Blazing Cardio HIIT Workout with dumbbells, which I LOVED! This workout just flew and I liked all of the exercises. I followed it with 30 Min SWIFT HIIT Workout / No Equipment / No Jumping | EPIC II - Day 21. It was a good workout, but not a favorite so I probably won't return to it. It was repetitive, doing the same 2 moves 4 times. I would venture to say that both of these "HIIT" workouts were HIIT in name only. Now granted, what I think is HiiT vs what someone else thinks is HiiT varies. But for me, neither of these workouts were HIIT. The Blazing Cardio was metabolic. The Swift HiiT was good bodyweight training. I think the same music was used in both workouts. And I recognized a song, or at least part of the song, that is also in Cathe's Cardio Party. The "buh, buh, buh, buh" song.

Haven't decided which Kickbox I'll do today. Maybe TurboFire since it's been mentioned recently? That's definitely a thought...

Stay warm my friends!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 04:39 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi you guys!
Today I did 4x4 I Am Athlete 2. These are really getting good. Nothing killer hard and Paul still shows three different levels (Power of 1, 2 or 3). I stay mostly in the middle but definitely tried some of the more advanced moves. Totally doable. And one of the moves, overhead squat (holding a weight over your head and squat) I ended up dropping my weight totally to keep good form and followed the beginner.
So far this set is very good and I'm looking forward to trying more.

One thing to note...Paul doesn't do any kind of cooldown or stretch. Nice warmups but only thing at the end is four deep breaths. So I tacked on Cathe's Total Body Stretching #1 and that felt good.

Today's Yoga was Cameron Gilley from Gaia and Slow Burn Hatha Yoga. Ahhhhh.

kittybug: I just love how nice everyone is here!!

ChelePA: You East Coasters have gotten all the snow this year. MN hardly has any....at least where I live.

manleym: One of the things I've really been enjoying since starting my Cathe chronological journey is all the premixes!!! I tended to always just do the main workout...not anymore..I love the variety.

Mickey12: Dearly departed singer Prince used to say the cold weather kept the riffraff out of the state! ;-)

bee: I don't mind KickMax at all. Not necessarily a fav but a good solid workout.

Stay warm!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 06:58 PM  
Mickey12

So I was all set to do Cathe 4Day split kickbox today and I realized I just did it at the end of January, way too recent for me. I did the boot camp workout instead. That was really fun! Lots of variety and plenty of jumping.

KateI was considering getting Eoin’s new blissology set and I think the sale price is still good until February 14, but I didn’t really like his last dvd which had some tai chi elements. And since I don’t really like downloads, I decided not to get it. But reading your reviews is making me question my decision. I didn’t know Insya led some of the practices. I will have to ponder it some more.

I think Prince was right!

Hope everyone has a great night.
Old 02-10-21, 07:23 PM  
lavna

Hello all!

After taking a break for almost 2 weeks, I worked out yesterday. I eased back easily by doing the LITE bootcamp no abs premix, followed by Icy core 1, as I wanted to lower my risk of soreness. So far, so good!

It's our turn here to have the cold front! We're going to have colder days and nights for the next week! Not as cold as Kate had but still cold!!! Brrr....

FOLV: Love your hommage to FN1 and FN2!

Have a great evening!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in