Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-21, 01:46 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Chele, when is your birthday next month? My husband's is the 9th. I would make the same call as you did on the celebration! Maybe just try to do something out of the ordinary there at home.
Old 02-05-21, 02:02 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

manleym: I think a STS mixed rotation would be great! The system is so easy to use and could mix and match easily.
Paul is fun!

Chele: Hope things work out for you all. Crappy days but we'll get through this!

kittybug: I moved PRS2 to a high fav on my log. Really one of my fav Cathe step workouts.
I find STS to be pretty unique. For me, after I did my last 3 month rotation, I switched to some more metabolic workouts just to change things up.

bee: I think I have Party Rockin' Step 1 but I can't find it! Heehee. I think I traded it but forgot to take it out of my log.

Garrie: Do you think PRS1 is difficult choreography? I'd like to try it..that is, if I can find it.

Today was Katami 4x4 I Am Athlete 1. I must have been silly to get rid of this but way back when I had it I was also fairly overweight still. Now although challenging, are not killer. At least not yet.
This time the format is still the same (cardio, lower, upper, core) for a minute each but the moves are slightly harder or the pace slightly faster.

I caved and bought all the Blissology Project 2 practices so will keep with that for my Yoga. I'll buy anything Eoin Finn!

Happy weekend!!!!!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 07:24 PM  
manleym

Hi Friends! Just finished Christi's Totally Hot Cardio and what a BLAST! I added the cardio bonus since I was having so much fun! I wasn't ready to stop! Tell me you weren't singing, or at least smiling, during "Jeremiah was a Bullfrog" and "Good Golly Miss Molly."

Cataddict your birthday cake sounds DIVINE! Right up my alley! Sounds like you had a nice relaxing day. And spending it with My Three Sons would be a great way to spend it! I'm tapping my toe in and out now! And yes, the 27th was a great day to be born! Glad I share the same day as your dad.

ChelePA hubby's last bday was a big one and we didn't do anything either. It's really hard having a milestone during the pandemic. But I know your family will make your bday special. I'm sorry Christi didn't work out for you today, as far as getting a good workout, but glad you had fun trying! Once you learn it, it will be a blast! Agree that Cathe's Live Metabolic Upper Body is good. Try the Live Metabolic Lower Body. It's a real dandy! I think PRS 1/2 should be in the rotation soon for Fun Friday.

Bee I'm so glad you liked Totally Hot Cardio! Like you, I follow the backrow girls for some of the moves. Christi is a fabulous cuer and I love her enthusiasm. She's genuine and loves what she's doing. It's contagious. I just can't help but have fun doing this workout! Glad I could help! And really glad you liked it!

Kittybug we're finishing Poldark tonight! Just 2 episodes left. Things get crazy! Never saw it coming...and yes, George is going all sack of hammers! But just wait! He's going something else soon!

Lost track of time - gotta start dinner. Have a great Friday night everyone!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 07:35 PM  
horusosiris

Hello All - The weekend is here!

I did Totally Hot Cardio today. Christi is so cheerful. Her choreography and music are both so good. I have not done this workout in years, so I am glad that it was suggested for Fun Friday. She repeats moves enough times that it is fairly easy to catch on.

Yesterday I did Cathe Live 3-3-3. This workout celebrated her 333rd Cathe Live release. It was three exercise of weight work followed by three cardio exercises. The series is repeated x1 and then we moved on to the next 3 and 3 sequence. This workout was just ok. I wish that she did not do any repeats but did a new series of exercises each time. IMHO Cathe needs to revamp her Cathe Live series. Some of them lack any creativity. Most of the cardio moves are reused from her other series and Cathe Lives and some have been reused so many times that I am sick of them. I guess after 333 workouts and all of her DVDs, it is difficult to be creative. Most of the workouts use 5-15 dumbbells but I would think that since she has been alone for many months now that she could introduce heavier workouts. She could even do monthly structured series, a themed series, etc.

Kittybug- after STS, once I did total body workouts, once I did metabolic/bodyweight workouts and once I continued with splits but changed all of the exercises and changed how I combined the splits (i.e., what body parts I did together). Actually, for me I found that workouts were easier after completing STS. If you want to maintain your strength gains from STS, I would recommend continuing with muscle confusion and switching up you weight lifting strategy every 3-4 weeks or so. Even every two week changes can be effective.

Kate- Katami's 4x4 is a good series. I did it when it was initially released although I could not/ would not do it as he outlined it

Cataddict- you are almost done with STS. I am waiting to give all of you STS pros cow bell mania!

Bee- Speaking of My Three Sons, I have three sons. I come from a family of boys. I have five brothers and I am the only girl.

Garrie- Classic Parts Upper Body is definitely back intensive. Ana really got her mileage out of that series with all of the different compilations. Vol. 1 was my first introduction to Anna Benson’s workouts. I agree with you that Vol. 2 is the toughest. Have you done Tough Tape I or Tough Tape II lately? These two workouts are when I began to appreciate Tracie Long.

Manelym and Kittybug- I have resumed watching Poldark and I am still enjoying it. Manelym - congrats on almost finshing the series. I will get there eventually.

Everyone have a great weekend!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 08:52 PM  
ChelePA

I guess I’m the biggest klutz of the group. Ha ha. Everyone else found the choreography easy.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 09:45 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Today I finished STS Mess 3!! Woo hoo fanofladyvolsGET THE COWBELLS READY!! I had a snack then did Christi's Totally Hot Cardio plus the bonus that combines all the combos. Fun stuff! ChelePA, don't feel like you are a klutz for struggling with the choreography. It actually was trickier than I remembered, so NO it wasn't "easy."

FN1, aren't we just the best for finishing STS!! Thanks again for persevering with me! I don't think I could have done it without you! On to the next adventure!

horusosiris, thanks for the suggestions about what to do after STS. I would like to maintain as well as I can.

manleym, I really liked the music in Totally Hot Cardio, but I was singing along to "Bang the Drum All Day."

ChelePA, my birthday yesterday was also a big one. I don't have family here so there weren't any get together plans, but still DH and I would have gone out for a nice dinner. Warmed up leftovers were good but not the same thing obviously. Yes, I watched My Three Sons occasionally but pretty much thought the boys were goobers.

bee, you do realize that from now on every single time I hear the song "Free Your Mind" I will now hear "your A$$ will follow"? LOL. I also come from a family of 3 girls, no boys. Maybe horusosiris will offer up one of her brothers to us!

bee and ChelePA, both of my sisters were born in March. So all three of us never had outside birthday parties as kids in PA. I remember envying the kids who had summer birthdays and could do outdoor parties.

Waves to Kate, Garrie, Kim and Nathalie!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 10:06 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Watulans, have I mentioned how much I adore all of you and how grateful I am for your wisdom???

First off, CATADDICT/FN2, CONGRATS AND WOOHOOO!!!!! And back at you, because I literally think I would have quit somewhere in Mess 3 if it weren't for you. And thank you to every single one of you who made post-STS suggestions...lotttttttttts of food for thought and so appreciated!!

Garrie and FN2 and Bee, so interesting how people respond differently to different things. Intense cardio kills my appetite, at least for a time. But I am taking note of the protein factor for heavier lifting because my husband made a comment recently about feeling 'starving all the time' from the dinners I've been making (remember he put me in charge of the food/gym motivation). Maybe I haven't been using enough protein and/or eating enough protein to support the work with STS?? I'm not a vegetarian by any means, but I have been favoring more veggie meals just because that's my natural preference....I am not an enormous fan of meat and things of that nature like my husband is....so definitely things to think about!

I wasn't sure I was going to be able to work out today at all (hence finishing STS yesterday) and then I had time, BUT...Watulans, I don't know what I did. At some point late last night, I was kinda hobbling around and I have a lovely bruised lump on the BOTTOM of my foot. I might have inadvertently stepped on a cat toy and brushed it off until the pain and bruise showed up later, hah! I think it's just a stone bruise, but I don't know!

Anywho, today it didn't hurt nearly as much but it's kinda gross looking, and I certainly wasn't going to do any jumping or impact. Since I missed yoga this week, I ended up doing a Five Parks Power Vinyasa practice on YouTube (thank you, Manleym, as I think you're the one who reminded me of FP) which was AWESOME. Wonderful circular flowing practice that really challenged my balance. I loved it!

My foot is feeling much better now, so hopefully after my Saturday rest day, I'll be fully back to normal.

Oh, no, Horusosiris, I was hoping to hear glowing reviews of the Cathe Live! I do see what you mean though. I might hold off on signing up again just because there is SO MUCH I want to explore, like Caroline and Heather and the Katami system and more yoga and and and....oye, I can't be helped!!

Manleym, I'm literally only on episode 3, so a long way to go!

Oh, and 'sack of hammers'.....I picked that up from a long-ago episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer which I used to LOVE back 'in the day'....hah hah hah!! It's stuck with me ever since!

Yikes, my soup is a bubblin' over on the stove....better attend to it. Stay fierce, Watulans, will catch up more laters!!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 12:41 PM  
ChelePA

Happy Saturday!

Originally thought I would be doing Caroline's Dumbbell Full Body Cardio Complex Workout but after previewing realized I don't like this style. Each complex is a total of 2 minutes 30 seconds. After each complex, there is 45 seconds rest to grab a drink and to look at previews of the complex up next! There are only 2 exercises within each complex so simple to follow along and go at your own pace! You basically count out your own reps in this time frame. I never joined Cross Fit because I know I am not self motivated...I do much better when I can keep pace with the instructor. I think it's one reason I don't love just music only. She has some nice music but I definitely like hearing the instructor for more motivation. So I changed my mind and decided to do the 30 minute Swift HIIT Workout she posted last Sunday..no equipment or jumping. Not a fan of her warm-ups so I was going to use Trampit 10 to get going but I was having so much fun, I finished the 37 minute workout. It includes cardio and some triceps plus ab work. She is definitely my favorite instructor on the rebounder. A few English words in this one, but she is very easy to follow along. Simple choreography and time flies! Love the music and the instructor is really enjoying herself. Trampit 11 and 12 are awesome too! Hoping I can fine more by Mai-Britt Catrine. I wasn't sure if I would make it through Caroline's workout after this but all the moves were very doable compared to some other workouts. It was low impact but definitely got the heart rate up. You do a pair of exercises 4 times. It's a tabata style so 20 seconds on 10 seconds off. It was quick so the repetition didn't bother me. You work upper and lower body which is pretty standard for her. This might be my favorite so far...probably because I didn't struggle with any moves...haha.

horusosiris...I just joined Cathe Live so I appreciate your feedback. I thought the newest one sounded good when she posted it but I am usually not a big fan of repetition either. I do agree that Cathe's moves haven't changed much over the years. She combines them in different ways or may add a twist here and there. But I still keep coming back to her. I just like her style. I have recently found a few awesome instructors on YouTube so it will be nice to mix things up.

Kate...PRS #1 took me a few tries to get the steps down unlike PRS #2 which I caught on to the moves immediately. It's more dancey but so much fun once you learn it.

Cataddict...it sounded like a nice day with your sons. I told my family when this is all over, we'll have lots to celebrate! I think my husband feels bad because for his milestone birthday, I surprised him with a cruise to Bermuda. It was a Christmas/Birthday gift. I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable getting on a cruise ship again.

Kittybug...ouch! Hope all is ok today.

Congratulations ladies on finishing STS!!! Quite impressive!

Kim...all ok? Are you sick of the snow yet? Even the 1-2 inch nuisance snow is driving me crazy these days. I’m a summer girl. And I definitely live in the wrong state

Off to help my daughter make chocolate covered strawberries But not eat them. Sugar free February.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 02:03 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I guess I’m the biggest klutz of the group. Ha ha. Everyone else found the choreography easy.
No you're not! I only attempted Christi Taylor's workouts once or twice but it quickly went on the trade pile!!! I was just standing there staring at the screen!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 02:10 PM  
lavna

Hello Watulans!

A big Hooray for cataddicct and kittybug on finishing STS! You did it girls!

I've been taking an extended rest week. I've been walking a lot. On Thursday, the weather was just glorious, sunny with temperature above 32F. Almost springlike here. I walked for my whole lunch hour.

kittybug: I hope your foot is better today.

Hope you all have a great Saturday!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in