Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-21, 04:50 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with a husband like that.

Seems we all had similar experiences with the Double Cardio premix. Yes, cataddict, I had completely forgotten that there was a lot of complaining about cueing when 4DS came out, right?

Fun hearing about our VF names!

Oh, Garrie, I meant to tell you that I typically do The Firm Volume 1 about once a year -- just for nostalgia and as a sort of benchmark. I think I'm about due again!

This morning I did Caroline's EPIC Day 2 -- upper body. Every third move was a different kind of pushup -- she had some interesting varieties! The hardest for me was a "skull crusher pushup". Hard to imagine since skull crushers are done on the back but it was sort of like a pushup from sphinx position -- both arms at the same time. Really tough! At least for me. You don't actually go to flat hands but you sort of push up to your fists. I'm probably not describing it very well!! As predicted, I went way lighter on weights than she did!!

Hey, I am wondering if anyone here might have interest in being a "no sugar in February" buddy for me. I feel like I need a bit of a "sponsor" -- outside of VF, of course and hopefully I haven't offended anyone by asking about it. If no one has any interest, no worries -- I get it. I'm not 100% certain I want to do this! When I'm lying in bed just waking up in the mornings it seems like a good idea, but not so much when the afternoon munchies hit me.

Happy Saturday!!
Bee...I’m interested in the no sugar February and would love an accountability partner. I’ve been so bad since Covid. Previously ate pretty clean. Tell me more about what you’re thinking. You have one more day to change your mind. Haha.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 06:53 PM  
manleym

Hey Fierce Watulans! I hope you are all having a great Saturday! Crazy weather going on all over the place. Hope ya'll aren't getting 9 feet of snow like some places. We just have crazy winds again....blowing in all kinds of dust from the west.

Bee I sent you some PM's about a dvd when you have a chance to check. No sugar February is a great idea, but like Kim I'm out. Valentine's Day and my birthday are both in February. And I love my red wine and ice cream on the weekends. I eat pretty clean (not alot of sugar) and look forward to weekends.

Garrie thanks for the confirmation about Cathe's step cueing/teaching. Sounds like I'm not the only one who struggled with it either. I don't like having my back to the TV so I usually stay front. I often have to modify the move so I stay facing the TV.

Kittybug The Volunteers is University of Tennessee team name or "mascot." So all of their sports teams are called The Volunteers. And their "symbol" looks like the Purina checkerboard. And yes on Poldark reflecting current events. I was also curious about the books and how similar /different the series is. Directors frequently take lots of liberties. I told hubby he should look for the books at our library.

Kim your review of Ilaria's Bodystrike 3 is timely. I haven't done any of the Bodystrike workouts and had read that the workouts with the brick set aren't as good as the workouts with the Equinox set. I'm glad you liked it and it may cause me to look at more of hers.

Cataddict and Kittybug glad ya'll were able to (and feeling like) joining us for 4 DS! Hang tough! Ya'll are almost finished with STS! Can't wait to hear your thoughts. Was it worth it? Would you do it again?

Cataddict you're good at figuring out everyone's user name. You probably figured out Horusosiris's too. It's been so long since I studied anything related to mythology I didn't have a clue.

Nathalie I'll have to check out Live 239 LB barre and weights. I like adding these workouts in my rotation every now and then because I don't do barre often. It's good for my muscles to do something different. And my brain. Thanks for the suggestion! And glad I'm not the only one who uses the same user/log-in name both here and at work.

Today I did Caroline's 1 Hour Dumbbell Full Body Workout At Home. It was a GREAT total body workout. Perfect for today and it went quickly. Since there really wasn't a warmup or cooldown I did Madfit 5 Min Warm Up For At Home Workouts (No Jumping) + Madfit 5 Min Full Body Stretch & Cool Down.
Here's the description from her channel: The exercises are performed for 40 seconds each, 20 seconds rest. The exercises are grouped together in combinations targeting same muscle groups. Each combination is repeated 3 times each, so 3 sets of each exercise in total (apart from heel taps and weighted sit up performed 2 x sets).

Hugs and waves everybody!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 07:11 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Chele, I sent you a pm about it -- if anyone else is curious, let me know, but I thought I should take it private just in case somebody doesn't want to see that kind of talk.

manleym, I would not want to do no sugar my birthday month, either! Not even sure I want to do it now. And, to be clear, I want to give up sweets, not necessarily all wine (which I know is "sugar", but..... I have my limits. No, seriously though, I want to focus on true sweets).

That Caroline total body sounds great! I'm really loving her workouts!!
Old 01-30-21, 07:40 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:

manleym, I would not want to do no sugar my birthday month, either! Not even sure I want to do it now. And, to be clear, I want to give up sweets, not necessarily all wine (which I know is "sugar", but..... I have my limits. No, seriously though, I want to focus on true sweets).
Well if you limit it to sweets now that's more doable..but not in February !! But no sugar...Sheesh 😬

I have made most of the modifications on my intake that I'm willing to make..any more and I may bust wide open and start stuffing my face full of all the things I have slowly eliminated.. like the cookie monster grum grum grum grim hahaha!!

kittybug yes that's the mascot ...and I actually have won volunteer awards in organizations, too. Lol.

manleym ...our checkerboard looks like Purina??! Harrumph...I don't think so 🧐 it's such a blindingly beautiful shade of orange. Tied for beautiful orange is the Texas orange. Alright alright alright

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 10:26 PM  
manleym

Quote:
And, to be clear, I want to give up sweets, not necessarily all wine (which I know is "sugar", but..... I have my limits. No, seriously though, I want to focus on true sweets).
Now you're talking Bee! Wine doesn't count. Ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
manleym ...our checkerboard looks like Purina??! Harrumph...I don't think so 🧐 it's such a blindingly beautiful shade of orange. Tied for beautiful orange is the Texas orange. Alright alright alright
FOLV I say this with the HIGHEST affection and admiration! I mean, who didn't LOVE that little chuck wagon racing around??? It was classic and timeless, just like the Vols stadium. And it IS a beautiful shade of orange. It is a bright, vibrant orange whereas Texas is a burnt orange. So your orange is better than Texas's orange. (Have I redeemed myself yet??)
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 10:53 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Now you're talking Bee! Wine doesn't count. Ever!

I just have to say..... I feel like I've found my peeps here.

(and a little known fact..... I lived outside of Nashville for a couple of years while I was in junior high)
Old 01-30-21, 11:06 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:

(and a little known fact..... I lived outside of Nashville for a couple of years while I was in junior high)
Oh bee to think we shared the same TN crisp air for a brief moment

manleym fine , yes, I love you all over again 🤣

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-21, 10:41 AM  
horusosiris

It was fun reading about all of the names. Yes, I have the name, horusosiris because one of the subjects I teach is Egyptian history and language. The myth of horusosiris I find compelling, especially as it relates to continuity and change.

I missed Fun Friday 4DS. I am in a workout funk (and everything else funk) these days.
What have the Watulans planned for Fun Friday this week? I want to plan it into a workout schedule.

Bee and Manelym- wine doesn’t count? I’m in! I would be in for limiting sugar but not completely eliminating it. I need to get back on track and today is the day that I start (again and again and again).

Bee- how did you like Nashville?

Chel and Mickey- We have been to Disney several times. We too love any and everything Harry Potter. Anyone read Ickabog- Rowling’s new book? It is adorable.

Garrie- congrats on your progress with the weights!

Kittybug and Manelym- I am so behind so I have to catch up to you. I need to resume watching Poldark.

Garrie and Cataddict
- when I just want to have some fun, I do one of the Turbo Fire workouts. I like the energy and the way that the workouts are set up. They are great hiit workouts and I love that they can easily be tailored to any time frame. EZ 45 was my favorite.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-21, 10:50 AM  
horusosiris

BTW- Would someone explain to me the Tonal craze? I do not understand how exercising in front of a mirror would be fun, motivating or compelling.

I use to do some of Rick Bhullar's walking workouts on YouTube. He recently had 70,000 new subscribers in a month. Now he has established his own streaming business. He is charging $29.00 per month, which I find to be rather pricey for walking workouts or anyone streaming platform. He has every right to charge for his creative talents but I am just saying....

Other YouTube contributors have since switched to paying streaming sites. I like the way Linda (Barlates) handles her site. She uploads quite a few free workouts and she also sells workouts that are not on her streaming site. She is also quite reasonable with her cost.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-21, 12:28 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
BTW- Would someone explain to me the Tonal craze? I do not understand how exercising in front of a mirror would be fun, motivating or compelling.

I use to do some of Rick Bhullar's walking workouts on YouTube. He recently had 70,000 new subscribers in a month. Now he has established his own streaming business. He is charging $29.00 per month, which I find to be rather pricey for walking workouts or anyone streaming platform. He has every right to charge for his creative talents but I am just saying....

Other YouTube contributors have since switched to paying streaming sites. I like the way Linda (Barlates) handles her site. She uploads quite a few free workouts and she also sells workouts that are not on her streaming site. She is also quite reasonable with her cost.
Love the origin of your name...completely clueless here. My husband traveled to Egypt for work before we met. It's the one place he always talks about. He actually did a pyramid talk for my daughter's class. Now I need to do research on this.

I'm loving the free YouTube workouts lately. Many instructors are similar to Cathe, which really appeals to me. I'll be signing up for Live tomorrow as my Christmas present now that I'm done with my January challenge. However, I think it's going to be shovel max for the next 2 days. We are expecting 12-18 inches. I keep hoping it blows out to sea. My mom has her vaccine scheduled and of course, this weather will probably cancel it. Ugh!!!!

My January challenge ended with an express 30 minute total body metabolic workout. She usually does killer abs on Sunday with a high dread factor for me. This was a perfect way to finish it off. I feel accomplished but relieved that it is done. I then added on a Naomi Joy Rebounder Hiit Cardio Workout. You ladies who have a mini trampoline and love cats will really appreciate this one. She is doing the workout in front of a mural by galactikittyart.com. It was so much fun! Her music always has a nice beat and keeps me motivated. She had a friend showing some easier modifications. She loves to sprint at the end. Today it lasted for 2 minutes and 40 seconds. Always gets me

I haven't read JK Rowlings new book but you have also peaked my interest in this too. Lots to keep me busy...thanks horusosiris.

I think Kim picked the workout for Fun Friday...I need to check out the YouTube videos she recommended for it. Did we narrow it down?

Have a great Sunday all!!!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in