Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-22, 07:25 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - My Brain Has Too Many Tabs Open! 6/12

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 07:40 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Today will be a nice day - we're getting really hot weather later this week . I'll be going for a walk and grocery shopping - I'm surprised that my groceries are down to 2 bags per week instead of 6 with Adelija. Garbage bags are also down to one for two weeks instead of three+ for Adelija. It is very quiet downstairs now and I've packed up most of the kitchen downstairs. I still have to do that painting in the living room. I'm still pulling lots of creeping charlie from my gardens also.

Paula, sorry about the loud parties . I'm kind of dreading that type of noise as they'll be building a party patio on the 5th floor roof - I wonder how much of that noise will be heard in the units underneath that. Yes, I can get a rebate minus a little bit of money if I pull out of the condos after putting in the main payment. I keep hoping my VCR will continue to function!

Hope Laura is enjoying her family visit!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 06-12-22, 09:40 AM  
Vantreesta

Yes! My brain has too many tabs open too!

Sounds like you're making the adjustment to a quieter house, Anita. It is amazing how much teenagers can eat! I think I was that way well into my 20s! That's interesting that they're putting a party patio on the roof. Isn't it a senior living space? Not that seniors don't enjoy a party, the roof just seems like a strange place when it's not Mardi Gras!

I hope all three of you enjoy your getaways!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 08:53 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Paha B Body Shaping Day 13 Cardio Toning, Yoga with Time Daily Stretch and some walking with DH.

It was a beautiful Day so we went flying.

Anita, got a laugh from your new grocery and trash loads. I wan't just Adelija making all these extra groceries and trash - she was a social person and as I recall she always had a friend or friends over. Luckily the loud parties aren't often. A party patio on the 5th floor is probably good. I assume in a 55+ community most of the parties would be in the afternoon and end early. If at night, hopefully, most of the noise would be going out and up and not down but who knows. In my ancient memory when I played clarinet in the High School Band it was hard as heck to have good sound outdoors. We always sounded so good inside but marching outside not go much. We tried to look good though. I didn't last long, I found it near impossible to play my clarinet and remember my marching steps at the same time.

Vantreestra, welcome back, hope you are going to join us. I'm looking forward to our trip later this week.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 08:15 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

It's a rainy day here, supposedly clearing up this afternoon. But then the heat and humidity is coming! Eeeek! I'll be prepping my living room wall for the painting - taking down the handrail, and taking off covers of outlets and switches, taping things in the wall and securing a drip sheet. I figure I won't tackle the easy spots of paint on other walls till I get this big one done. I hope to get a walk in after the rains stop. There may be some spades this evening.

Vantreesta, good to "see" you! I haven't seen a picture of what they are planning on the roof yet, but hope some places are screened in and under a roof - it might be nice just to go up there and lounge in a chair for reading.

Paula, I'm just amazed at how much that girl could eat! I'll be working on tossing some things from my end of the house too, so trash will be full for my two weeks. I remember my grandmas not being able to sleep well, so they'd be up at 2 am watching TV or something - not sure if there would be social interaction at that time of night on the 5th floor. I played flute in high school! I remember doing the half time show for the Packers at the Milwaukee Stadium (usually a Brewers playing field). It was a freezing day and we were waiting on the sidelines for the show - I put my flute down to warm my hands and the New Orleans team threw the football towards us and piled into our area - my flute got smashed - I had to march with the flattened neck of my flute - it didn't make a sound correctly. I did get it fixed but it always had scratches on it. The flute got passed on to other kids of people I worked with - wonder if they knew the story of the marks on the flute?

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 06-13-22, 03:14 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Greetings from WV! We had a long, but uneventful, trip on Saturday. Yesterday, we both felt like we had been run over by a truck, but today we're fine. I did a big pick-up at Walmart yesterday and today I'm cooking to try to create leftovers. My MIL was so happy to see us and I'm glad we came. We didn't tell her until that day because we were afraid she'd do all kinds of things to get ready for us (and she told us we should have given her more notice so she could have done a bunch of stuff. Ha!)

I heard from a neighbor that she went over yesterday and gave Polly a good petting and that she (Polly) seemed fine. When we were leaving, she knew something was up and like she suspected she wasn't going to like it.

Anita - I hope you get to choose a unit and that the timing will line up with your trip.

Paula - Flying and quilting. You had a good week!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 08:50 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was a long, slow Yin Yoga practice with Travis Eliot. Met friends for lunch. Started getting things together for our trip. Tomorrow is pack day and we leave Wednesday morning.

Anita, funny story about the flute. Nice you were able to have it repaired. You are clearly more coordinated than I if you were able to march and play at the same time. Hope your painting projects went well. Yeah teenagers can eat like horses, but you should experience a lower grocery bill for sure.

Laura, hello, glad to see you. For some reason I thought we wouldn't hear from you while you were in WV. Also glad you got there safe and sound if exhausted. You are a good DIL hopefully you were able to cook enough you can eat off it for a while and not have to cook for the next few days. Glad the neighbor was able to get over and give Polly some lovin.
Old 06-14-22, 08:20 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Today will be the super hot and humid day - getting close to 100 F and feeling like well over that with the humidity - I've got my AC and fan going already even though my indoor temp is below what I set it at - hopefully it will bring down the humidity in this house.

I got my living room painting project done - I didn't do a complete paint of my wall, just the areas I saw marked trying to blend things in on the sides, unfortunately I can tell a little bit of a shade difference between the new paint and the old paint so I may have to thoroughly paint that wall or hire it out to get done. Overall though the wall does look better. I might try some touchup at the edge of the stairs wood to wipe out the shade difference - that's a part of the wall that people look to climb the stairs. I'm just glad to get that done!

I stopped by the hardware store yesterday to pick up a new filter for my AC and picked up some new garden lights - they look so cool! I was down to one working light from a set of 12 before. I felt kind of stupid in that I thought my boxes were missing a part - the stake that goes into the ground, but they showed me that it was put in the tube upside down so the stake part was in the tube and the plastic connector was visible. Oy! I'm just glad it worked out! Now I have 8 lights out back!

Today I might try for a walk early before the temps get up too high. I could vacuum the insides and catch up on some recorded TV also.

Laura, glad you made it to WV safely! Glad your MIL didn't get the chance to put in a hard day's work prepping for you as relieving her is what you're there for! Hope Polly is still enjoying her neighborhood there - can she get into the back porch while you're gone?

Paula, I remember doing some marches for the band in parades also and practicing outside in the neighborhood near the school at the junior high level. I think at high school we marched in the football field - for some reason I don't remember that. I'm still eating some of Adelija's leftovers in the fridge, freezer and shelves - I'm down to 1 slice of tomato and two pieces of pumpernickel bread. I tossed some of her baking stuff as I doubt I'll use up the yeast she had opened. I'm not driving as much without Adelija here - she'd ask for lots of rides to get together with friends. I'm also pairing my trips to parks with shopping errands. I couldn't do that with Gus in the car, so saving some mileage and gas that way also. Enjoy your trip!

Waves to all!

Anita

ETA: Woohoo! Just got a call from the co-op I'm interested in - I was #52 on their signup for co-op units, now I'm number 30! There are 60 units in the building so pretty good luck getting in there and hopefully will get one on the Eastern side. They also said that I won't miss my meeting selecting a unit for being gone at the end of the month - it'll probably happen in mid-July. Yay!
Old 06-14-22, 08:24 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 15 Push (Strength) followed by Tamilee Standing Stretch.

So today was spent getting ready to leave. I think we've gotten everything squared away, we're planning to leave early. We're planning on mostly hot weather, I did throw in a waterproof jacket just in case we get a little rain.

Anita, keep cool. It's hot here too but hotter yet where we're going. Glad we'll have AC in the car and in our room. Not sure how much hiking we'll do. Sounds like your painting project came out pretty well. During the COVID lockdown we ordered new solar lights for our entry - made the same mistake you did - we couldn't find the stakes at first, they were inside the poles too. Isn't there someone you could give the supplies Adelija bought that you won't use? I remember when yeast was hard to get. It's nice you have to drive less as gas has gotten ridiculously expensive, here we're over $6.00 per gal. Aviation gas is going up too. Your number on the co-op went up, does that mean some people withdrew their names from the interest list? Are there different layouts on the units or are they all the same and the only decision is where you want to be in the complex?
Old 06-15-22, 08:02 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on meeting with the skylight people this morning, then the air duct vacuuming will be happening this afternoon. It's supposed to be raining this morning, but so far, not much. I'll go for a walk after all this chaos clears up. I did get the new prices on the co-op units and can still afford them! They are also giving a good deal on the first 36 units sold, so I should be in that group! The price per unit varies based on location in the co-op.

Paula, I already gave a friend all of Adelija's teas that I won't use, but the yeasts are kind of opened packages taped shut - she used to use her measuring in grams on my scale instead of one package or two used completely. I wouldn't trust the little yeasties to grow if I tried to use them up. I do have some grains that I'll be cooking later from her. Yes, some people withdrew on the waiting list for the co-op - sometimes it's because their names and deposits are all over this city and something else got to be available for them, sometimes it's financial when they finally saw the prices, and sometimes it's a long line for certain units and not others - apparently views of the lake are in big demand. There are 8 different floor layouts in the co-op, now that I've measured my current bedroom and can see their measurements, there are two possibilities that would work well - one has 8 units on the east side that I'm interested in and another has 4 units on the northeast corner of the building. Some floorplans are HUGE, and one is smaller than what I want. The smaller one is the most built into the unit and could still work for me, if needed - I'd have to downsize a bit more. I am doing quite a bit of downsizing right now, but will know definite limits once I know which unit I'd be in. Bon voyage, Paula! You will be missed here!

Waves to all!

Anita