Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-01-22, 09:44 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy New Year again, Watulans! DH and I were up until 1 AM this morning---very late for him! It was nice to actually celebrate at midnight together.

I didn't sign up for the marathon since I didn't know if I would be up to doing a workout of any kind today. Yesterday I did some walking and was feeling pretty good but this morning I had a lot of pain. Fortunately it got better after I took an anti-inflammatory so I did end up doing Cathe Live #119 Ramped Up Cardio and Weights today. I modified some of the cardio and it worked fine for me. Kudos to all Watulans who participated in the VF marathon!

Kate, YOWZA on the temps! And to think the hockey Winter Classic is in Minneapolis in that weather!

Kim, Olly is a little doll. He is kitten crazy but also wants to snuggle, cuddle, and get lots of loving pets. I take so many pictures of him, each one cuter than the one before.

FN1, glad you checked in and thanks for setting up our new check in. Hope everything settles down for you and things work out soon.

manley, I like 4 Day Split. The premixes on that series are great.

Chele, funny but I have a different opinion about climate now that I've lived as far north as CT and as far south as Florida. I hated the Florida heat and don't really care for the heat here either. The winters tend to be rainy & chilly and I now think I would prefer a traditional northern winter. Have you lived in other climates? Sometimes I think the grass seems to be greener in another climate and I've probably forgotten how cold it really is further north.

bee and BabyW, I've been debating getting an Apple watch for years. I don't know that I would use the features enough to justify the cost, plus I like the fitbit I have for my fitness needs. Still mulling it over.

Nathalie, glad you checked in.

Waves to horusosiris and MamaW!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 11:13 PM  
fanofladyvols

And so it begins, Watulans!!

Thanks to those of you who were able to sign up for the marathon. I know not everyone could but I actually thought of all of you!

Happy New Year!!

Ringing bells and sending Big Hugzzz to each of you!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 11:09 AM  
ChelePA

FOLV…first time I participated in the 24 hour marathon. Loved seeing all the different workouts.

Cataddict….always lived here. And maybe you’re right…the grass isn’t always greener. But boy do I hate the cold

Manleym…always loved 4DS!

Bee…yes I meant a separate plan for the Apple Watch. Can you use most of the features without adding that on. Just using home Wifi?

Today’s cycling class was all Taylor Swift from her Red Album. She’s one of my favorites. Excellent in concert! Then I did Cathe’s mobility workout. Does she have any on Live that are similar? Would consider possibly purchasing the downloads. Her mobility routine is perfect for the level I am currently at. Especially with range of motion and working on increasing it.

Happy Sunday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 11:49 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Chele - I can't even put in to words how much I love this gadget! I bought the one with WiFi and Cellular. I can make a Dick Tracy phone call without having my phone on or even nearby. It's crazy!

Yesterday, when I first looked at in the morning, there was a message on the face that said, "Good Morning, Happy New Year, Alta". With a fireworks animation.

Every day I find some new thing it does that make my life better. If I have misplaced my phone, I can ping it from the watch so it makes a noise.They say that money doesn't buy happiness. Well, I bought some happiness. YMMV, of course!

As for cons, the battery life is not great. I charge it in the a.m. and again before bed.

How about that for the rare Alta rave.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 12:36 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Chele, Cathe Live #369 is yoga/mobility that I like better than the DVD mobility workout---easier transitions and easier to follow, IIRC! I think a couple of other Watulans have also done this one and liked it as well so you may want to search our check in thread for more opinions. It's worth checking out IMHO. Oh and the thing I missed most when we lived in Florida was seasonal change. Fall was awful for me. The leaves just turn brown and fall off. No color at all. Ugh. PA has gorgeous springs and falls, and truly the summers are normally bearable although they have definitely warmed up since I lived there. So for me, now that I'm not working, I could just stay home and snuggle and drink wine when the weather is cold/snowy in the winter. Again, grass is probably greener.

BabyW, wow re Alta rave about the Apple watch! And LOL. Sometimes I think I can be negative in my reviews, but I try to be specific in what I don't like since people like different things obviously. Your comments are helpful because you say what you like and don't like about it so I can determine if those things are important to me too. So keep on reviewing, rave or rip!

MamaW, you are probably exhausted from all the swinging you had to do for the VF marathon!

Today I plan on a Chris Dorner cardio and the Cathe Live mobility workout. So far the pain isn't too bad so I'm hopeful it will ease off so I can have a "normal" day.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 02:10 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday, Watulans!

I think today I'm going to take inspiration from Manleym and do The Gauntlet. The last time I did that one was in May! Hopefully I'll survive. Cathe's January rotation looks good too, hmmmmm.

KateTT, that is way too cold!!! We've been in the single-digits and had to brave that yesterday to grocery shop, brrrrr. I'm ready for spring, yep!

ChelePA, I really liked The Unforgivable too...intense!

Bee, did I read that correctly, you're still having racing heart issues? Is anyone able to do anything for you about that?

FN2, I've also lived in lots of different climates and sometimes feel like Goldilocks in my preferences, hah! Not too hot, not too cold, not too wet, not too dry...I don't think my perfect place exists!!

FOLV, BIG hugzzzz right back to you!

BabyW, a rare rave??? WOW, history has been made!!

Stay fierce, Watulans, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 07:00 PM  
Mickey12

Cataddict I have never heard of Chris Dorner. Youtube, I presume?

ChelePA those Peloton workouts really seem to be just what you need now. I'm so glad you have them - they sound great, especially the ones with different themes and motivational talks.

So my quads are really sore from the Athletica workout yesterday so I decided on something easier today. I also want to continue to do new workouts since I got quite a few new DVDs for Christmas. I decided on the 20 minute workout from Walk, Run, Lift series that I got from QVC. I still think of these as Leslie workouts even though she's not in them. The workout was led by Nick and Rocky did a section too. I like these - they are a little harder than most of Leslie's walks because they have short running sections and they have a lot of variety because there are lifting portions using the included bands/loops. After that I did a 10 minute section of KCM Abs and Core (another new one) followed by a 10 minute section of Tamilee Webb Stretching for Beginners. (yes, you guessed it - it's new) This one is really nice, it's filmed outside on the beach.

I started watching The Landscapers on HBO. It's based on a true story but dramatized. So far, it's quite good.

Hope everyone has a great night.
Old 01-03-22, 01:32 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

The Guantlet!

Apple Watch and racing heart...... Vintage, maybe having the cellular connection takes a big toll on the battery -- my battery life is pretty good. I charge once a day and it's usually about halfway down is all. Also it charges really fast. I do keep mine in "theater mode" to try to extend the battery life. Chele, I feel like I can do whatever I need with it without the cellular plan, but.... I need to have my phone with me for calls and the like. It is possible to walkie talkie with contacts anywhere (assuming they have an apple watch and given you permission) if you have wifi. It was crazy talking with my friend 50 miles away the day I got my watch. I don't actually use that feature much. Another feature I love on it is the timer -- I've probably mentioned it. So easy in the kitchen to set a timer while I'm cooking. And kittybug, no, no more racing heart issues, but it is certainly a lot easier to watch -- during workouts and whenever. It was after the booster shot that it was awful. I am going to an appointment with a cardiologist tomorrow, so we'll see what that guy says.

cataddict, I completely agree with you about hot weather..... I don't tolerate it well.

I did another Cathe Live cycling workout yesterday. It was a good workout, but as I was doing it I was thinking about Chele and the great music she's having fun with while cycling in her peloton workouts. Maybe I should have the bike do a set program with intervals/hill climbs and put on my own playlist and see how that feels. Not sure I'm going to sign up for peloton at this point.

I have done nothing but be lazy so far today. Well, sort of. No workout....
Old 01-03-22, 01:32 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Yesterday, I did Lee Holden's Qi Gong For Self-Healing. I did the standing section which is about 50 minutes long. Usually I can't handle that much qi gong, but it is mostly self-massage and self acupressure.

(I tend to be qi-challenged. Even though I have 1st and 2nd Degree Reiki certifications.)

Waves to all!

What! I just added a reply to Bee and it went missing!

Bee - I don't leave the cellular on. I could get away with charging once a day. I'm just paranoid! I love the timers and the flashlight.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 01:45 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
(I tend to be qi-challenged. Even though I have 1st and 2nd Degree Reiki certifications.)

Waves to all!
That might be ~because~ of your certifications, hah hah hah! Just kidding. Sort of. I say this as someone with a reiki master certification and yes, I've intentionally lower-cased those.

Bee, I'm glad the racing heart isn't continuing and hope your cardiologist appointment goes well!

And YES, I did do the Gauntlet yesterday and loved it! It doesn't kill me like it used to. I plan on doing The Viper this week too because of Manleym.

Hey, is anyone else doing Travis' new PY 108 practices? I'm curious because I expected them to be a step up from Level Up 108 and so far, they are NOT. In fact, they are eerily similar to Ultimate Yogi if not easier, and now I'm wondering if he basically just did these to have something really close to UY streaming on Inner Dimension? Any thoughts? I've got PY 108 Strength planned for today, so we'll see how that goes.

Stay fierce, Watulans!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in