Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-18-21, 08:58 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - I might work on my lawn but can’t decide: concrete or gravel? 4/18

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 09:07 AM  
sciencelady

Thanks, Laura, for the Maxine quotes as titles a few weeks ago! This one fits as I'm working on lawn divots, asphalt sealing, concrete painting, and deck staining - yikes!

I really am working outside now - yesterday I sanded off old paint from my concrete pathways and swept and vacuumed up the dust - hope my home vacuum survives this! Today I'll pick up paint for the concrete and caulk for cracks and some sort of spray paint for iron railings that were rusted before (sanded those off too). Tomorrow is window washers coming. Gus walk today, of course. My retirement seems like lots of work around the house rather than exotic trips .

Laura, glad you didn't have to make your own chips - thought maybe some of the restaurant made ones had something in them that interfered with your dietary needs. Enjoy your putzing!

Paula, Enjoy your park visit - sounds lovely!

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
Old 04-18-21, 05:51 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today just melted away and, other than when we attended church virtually, it didn't really seem like Sunday. It never occurred to me this morning to start the thread, so thanks for getting it done, Anita. I'm glad that list of themes came in handy.

I'm working on creating a journal for my mom for Mother's Day and I spent some time on that this morning. This afternoon, I went over and hung out with Mom and Dad for a while. We didn't do any laundry or change the sheets on the bad or much of anything else. It was kind of a nice day.

Anita - Yeah, I thought of you when I found that quote. And that was before you started this latest phase. My ideal yard would not have any grass in it, so I liked the quote.

Paula - I always equated your Catalina with my Annapolis, a favorite place. You have always seemed to really enjoy your times there. Enjoy your trip this week.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 07:57 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yin Yoga, Deep Release with someone new. I didn't really like her cueing and probably won't do this one again. Did a short neighborhood walk with DH, we cut it short because it was so windy.

Otherwise, groceries and packing took up our day.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. You've been busy. I'm sure your yard will be a show piece when you're done. My retirement seems like more busy work than I expected too. Why is that I wonder. How did we manage to get all this stuff done and work too - maybe we're fooling ourselves and we didn't.

Laura, a journal for Mother's Day sounds like a really nice gift. It's so nice you get to spend time with your parents on a regular basis. I miss my mother so much. When something happens I still catch myself thinking "I need to tell Mom about this" and feeling the let down when I remember. It's been years, I wonder if it will always be this way? Catalina is definately a favorite place.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 07:31 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Busy day ahead and COLD! I'm planning on giving Gus his walk early, then preparing the house for a set of window washers coming over at 11 am. I've got no idea who these people are or if they are reliable - contact through HomeAdvisor is all I know and they know how to pull money from my bank. Otherwise putzing on my concrete walkway and spray painting metal supports right now - let them drip color under the paint I'll be putting on when it gets warmer out there.

Laura, nice present of the journal for mom! I really miss my mom . You're lucky to still have her at our age.

Paula, I remember always taking a week off work to do porch staining and yard work each spring. Even though I have projects now, I take breaks and hit the computer for a game for the breaks - certainly doesn't give me much extra time to do my tasks . Nothing has been done on the concrete walkways since I moved here so its been about twenty -some years - time to do that!

Anita
Old 04-19-21, 09:39 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

So far this morning, I have tried to catch up on stuff I didn't do yesterday. I washed the dark load and now I need to get it into the dryer. I also stripped the bed. DH took a long feather duster kind of thing and dusted the tops of the ceiling fans. This evening, I have a tutoring session in Excel and I need to prepare for it.

Anita - They pulled money out of your account before they showed up to do the work? I'd have a problem with that... Yeah, I'm so fortunate to have both of my parents and for both of them to be in decent physical shape at their age.

Paula - Have a good trip. We'll "see" you midweek. I've heard the saying, "Grief is the price of love." I'm not looking forward to the day when my parents are gone. It's going to to leave a huge hole in my life. I can understand wanting to tell your mom things and being reminded of the loss.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 04-19-21, 12:44 PM  
sciencelady

Laura, they did a test pull of the window washing cost from my bank and returned it shortly thereafter. They did email me today saying no one was showing up today - I'm rescheduled for Wednesday - still no idea who's coming. It was good to cancel today as we're around freezing temps and having snowflakes randomly falling. I didn't want to get water going in my hoses quite yet. It's a bit too cold out there to do spray painting on my metal rails or concrete painting - all will need to wait a few days. Gus got his walk already early today as I thought I'd have window washers at 11 am.

Instead, I'm reading the last of my All Creatures Great and Small series. Also putzing on cleaning up the inside of the house.
Old 04-19-21, 02:28 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Anita - It's a shame that companies feel like they have to do things like that these days. I wonder how many people haven't paid them. It sounds like it's just as well they didn't come today given the weather.

I have had a few things sitting around the dining room that I haven't put away. I'm down to the hard things that aren't easily categorized or boxes into which I just stuffed things until I could deal with them better. But it's all finally getting done. I'm next to being completely done. Yay!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 04-20-21, 07:37 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Another cold day out there! My daffodils and scillas still look like they are blooming out there though (temps just below freezing overnight). Today I'll be walking Gus and putzing - likely doing a grocery run. It's my brother's birthday, so will be talking to him today. Window washers should be coming Wednesday, but frankly I'm not holding my breath!

Laura, it's been a loooooong time since I've separated clothing loads into dark and bright - I just wash them all together now - one load per week... I should wash my bedding though - hopefully kill off any ticks that my dog might bring home (they all die on him when they bite). I've decluttered a lot of things in my house - I haven't used place mats or cloth napkins in a loooooooong time, but still keep them - I even have the old set of dishes that the place mats go with. I did get rid of several things that I haven't used in years - like a food processor - not missed now.

Hope Paula is having a good time on her trip!

Anita
Old 04-20-21, 03:16 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today has just sort of melted away. I had an appointment with the dermatologist this morning to check a weird-looking mole on my back, DH's words. Turns out it wasn't a mole, but a kind of place that grows around hair follicles. I came home and had lunch, and then we headed out for our second vaccine shot. That's went fine and I feel good so far. I had one of my past students contact me about an emergency training session this evening, so I'll be meeting with him at some point.

Anita - If the window washers come tomorrow, I hope that it's warmer. It's amazing how you can get rid of stuff you once used and/or thought was necessary and how little you miss it after getting rid of it. I hope Paula is having a good trip as well. I live vicariously through her travels...

Laura's Workout Mantras: