Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-14-15, 10:13 AM  
fitmiller

I'm actually still waiting for music that rivals what Cathe had in her Intensity Series. Imax 2 was just fantastic, and I haven't felt like the music since has really moved me like that series. Body Blast series music was good too. Just my opinion!!
fitmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-15, 10:48 AM  
Lurdes
VF Supporter

I hate how often Cathe goes off the beat now, and I dislike it equally in cardio and strength workouts. I'm very affected by music - if I'm grocery shopping and a song I like comes on, I almost automatically start moving to the beat! I also feel like I lose track of the number of reps, which is a problem when you're doing one-sided moves (e.g., one-armed lat rows). And sometimes going off-the-beat makes me strain to look at the TV to see where we are, which can put me out of proper alignment.

Lurdes
Lurdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-15, 12:20 PM  
Fitstick

I'm hoping for different choreography and music without lyrics. I'm also hoping there are ways to make the workouts more advanced.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-15, 05:36 PM  
wendy2

Just thought I'd bump my own thread back up again in hopes that Cathe's cohorts are checking in on VF for our great insight into what Cathe should do

I'll add to my previous list that I'm also hoping for long stretches in this series.

Anyone else have any hopes and dreams for the upcoming workouts?
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-15, 05:42 PM  
bubbles76

I think that Xtrain was considered to be intermediate by many (well, maybe not Tabatacise, ha!), so I'm just hoping for more of that
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-15, 12:33 PM  
Pascal

I'm hoping for:

Its intensity to be like that of XTrain (minus Tabatacise) or Low Impact Series

The stretch as its own chapter on the main menu

The music to be very similar to RWH or 4DS

The premixes to be creative and not something I could do with my remote control

The set and clothing to be similar to RWH's (those workouts are just so fun to look at!)

The kickboxing workout, since it's lower impact, to have little to no jumping jacks and lots of fun and interesting combos!

Cedie and Lorraine to come back!

Al!
Old 06-26-15, 02:14 PM  
dbclark44

I would sure love for her to do more work with the ball. Just did her Live Upper Body Stability Ball workout and it great! I've always loved her 10-minute stability ball abs workout she put on her fusion dvd. Something along those lines and upper body work like Supersets would be nice.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-15, 07:25 PM  
goldenphoenix

My wish list

1) NO STEP or discs involved. I haven't used the step for a couple of years.

2) Minimize air squats.

3) Minimal equipment.

4) Good music. I can live with Supercuts music.
Old 06-26-15, 10:57 PM  
Bebop

This series will be interesting in that we will see what Cathe considers intermediate. Also, we will see from reviews and comments what everyone else considers intermediate.

From the descriptions I am thinking it will be more beginner/intermediate.

For years, Cathe has catered to the high intermediate/advanced exerciser because she was the only instructor out there that catered to that market.

When I was a beginner, I bought her workouts and worked up to them. I get a kick out of doing a workout now that I struggled with when I was just beginning. I would have loved a modifier but I figured it out on my own and now I am a master modifier.

Interesting that she has decided to use a modifier after all these years. She has been one of the few instructors that has not used one. Cedie shows modifications occasionally, and I follow them all the time.

I would like to see a set with interesting choreography that is easy to pick up and a modifier that is front and center instead of always in the back. I like how the modifier in Turbofire is right there upfront in camera all the time.

I would like her upper body workout to not be so shoulder intensive. Now that I have to baby my shoulder, I realize how much she overtrains them.

I would like to see a bootcamp workout similar to Bootcamp from the intensity series but perhaps no burpees and plyos and high impact.

I also hope this workout can be modified up or down depending on the need of the exerciser at the time.

I hope it is not too equipment intensive other than the equipment most intermediate users have - bands, weights, maybe a step.

I would like the stretch segments to be a bit longer and the stretches held long enough for the muscles to relax.

but most of all, I want good music and I agree I want the weight work to match the beat of the music - it throws me when she says, don't follow the beat.
I consider myself intermediate but I use many of Cathe advanced workouts.

In my opinion, the Bodyblast series is intermediate. I love that series and use it all the time. Intensity is advanced - I challenge anyone to call the Terminator disc anything but.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-15, 05:45 AM  
wendy2

I'm in agreement with so many of these ideas.

I too hope for less shoulder work--the compound stuff in Cathe's metabolic workouts is almost exclusively shoulders and legs combined. I'd love some tricep and bicep work in place of that type of shoulder work--and I often sub on my own.

I'd love longer stretches; premixes that are along the lines of RWH (great and creativity) vs. XTrain (I could have done this with my remote); outfits like RWH; music off option...

I'm a little confused about why there's going to be a modifier. If the workouts themselves are intermediate, why is there a modifier? Is she going to modify up? Down? Why not have the modifier join in on the next advanced series instead, and modify to show intermediate moves
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe friedrich, cathe ice, ice series