Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-17, 02:00 PM  
Lilypad

Cathe on Demand and Cathe live

Good Afternoon
So I’ve been thinking about this today as if I really need to be with all of her DVDs that I have already. What’s the difference between the 2? Can some one also be willing to tell me how much is each monthly and would I be able to stream with my Roku?
Thanks
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-17, 03:12 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Hi! Cathe Live is “live” gym workouts that Cathe films and streams weekly on Thursdays. They are unrehearsed and just like taking a Live class with Cathe. They’re archived so you can stream any of the now 177 workouts any time you want by logging into your account. You would have to do a search on your Roku box and download the Cathe Live app. It costs $9.97 per month or you can subscribe for six months or a year for $60 or $100 (you can also use the SAVE15 coupon code to get a 15 percent discount).

Cathe On Demand is all the filmed Cathe workouts that she released on dvd plus Cathe Live. It also includes the Workout Blender which allows you to combine chapters of workouts together to create customized mixes. The cost is $19.97 per month or you can buy a six month or year for $120 or $240 (you can also use the 15 percent off code from above). You would have to download the Cathe On Demand app on your Roku.

Hope that helps. I love Cathe Live because they’re all unscripted and more relaxed than the dvd workouts. Cathe’s personality shines through and the’re not perfect and may have some bloopers like a live gym workout.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-17, 04:31 PM  
Fitstick

Kathy already did a great job explaining. My 2 cents is that you can’t go wrong with Cathe Live. I have almost all of her dvds, so I don’t subscribe to on demand. Cathe Live is so much fun and now that it’s on Roku it’s even easier to stream. I love it so much that even when I was having problems streaming, I did not cancel my subscription. And now that I’ve got Cathe Live I find that I don’t reach for my dvd workouts as much.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-17, 05:08 PM  
Zenara25

There's a free 7 day On Demand Trial as long as you cancel before 7 days. Looks like it's still active. https://cathe.com/free-offer/ I recommend everyone who's interested in Cathe to at least try it so they can check out the workout blender. As already mentioned by Kathy G this is a great way to create your own personalized Cathe workout. You can even use those created by others! And there's also a much older workout of Cathe's On Demand called Step N Motion. Fun to check it out

I personally have almost all of Cathe's workouts and so I just subscribe to Cathe Live every few months. I absolutely love Cathe Live! Apparently there's a small glitch with the newest workouts (since around November 2017) not showing up on the Roku. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-17, 05:17 PM  
Lilypad

Thanks ladies. So if I get the Cathe On Demand that also includes Cathe Live? Just want to be sure
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-17, 06:16 PM  
Zenara25

Yes it includes Cathe Live
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-17, 07:34 PM  
cecififi

I have pretty much all of cathe's dvds too but I just love the workout blender. When you start making your own workouts from cathe's dvds thru the blender - there is nothing else that compares for me. I just love the blender. I do some live classes but not a ton. Blending makes me happy. Both me and the woman who sits next to me at work have the blender. We often stop and just go through cathe's dvds online and talk about the moves, the music, the outfits. people around us laugh as we must sound like we are part of a cult or something. we become mesmerized, talking about every detail of the dvds. it brings us such joy. i would defo encourage people to do the 7 day trial for the whole package. it can't hurt. can it?
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-17, 09:28 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecififi View Post
I have pretty much all of cathe's dvds too but I just love the workout blender. When you start making your own workouts from cathe's dvds thru the blender - there is nothing else that compares for me. I just love the blender. I do some live classes but not a ton. Blending makes me happy. Both me and the woman who sits next to me at work have the blender. We often stop and just go through cathe's dvds online and talk about the moves, the music, the outfits. people around us laugh as we must sound like we are part of a cult or something. we become mesmerized, talking about every detail of the dvds. it brings us such joy. i would defo encourage people to do the 7 day trial for the whole package. it can't hurt. can it?
That is just awesome!!! This reminds me of the dinner table conversations during Cathe Roadtrips, which I love, lol!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-17, 09:56 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I have all of Cathe’s DVD’s (and her old videos, like the Step n Motions ), but since I tried Cathe Live, I like those more than the DVD’s. I like the realness of the Lives, and seeing the class participants who are struggling along with me. I have not tried the On Demand, but you all have convinced me to try the Blender!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote