Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-19-21, 10:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

This morning I did some CS and Pilates -

CS 1210
Pilates - Quick Full Body Pilates Workout - The Balanced Life (You Tube)

I may walk later -

Robin/The Balanced Life starts a 5 day Pilates challenge tomorrow - I was thinking of doing that plus CS in the morning and then in the afternoon do a walk or other workout. With any luck, work will be quieting down and I can try to get lunch time workouts in.

Carol - I'm sorry about your SI Joint - I feel your pain, LOL! Jessica V has at least three SI joint practices, from what I understand, she has had her share of SI issues as well. Thanks for mentioning Lottie!

Pam and Dana - my DH is a good cook as well - although we don't always share the same taste in food - but in general, if I don't have to prep it I will eat it. LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-21, 07:07 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workouts were:

Silver&Fit - Intermediate Yoga with Andrea 8/21/21 - 30 minutes;
I actually enjoyed this basic slow-paced practice from Andrea. Maybe it was I had been running all day long and needed to slow down? Pretty gentle on the wrists practice.

Lottie Murphy -Everyday Pilates - Fundamentals for a Healthy Body - 20 minutes
This practice did challenge my core strength and caused my neck to tense up some. It was a good practice.

Donna - I've signed up for Robin's Challenge. We'll see if I do it - I find her pilates workouts very boring for some reason.

Waves to all as we get ready for a new week ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-21, 09:11 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol wow! a yoga practice easy on the wrists, sign me up!

Donna my husband will grill meat ...and has a handful of things he will cook. Think bachelor cuisine. Lol.

Dana I saw JV's opened up her unlimited again. Hope your knees are improving.

Pam how's your hip feeling?

Today has been a low key day and did CS #1030 Stress release. Very relaxing

Hi Beth!!

May all our manic Mondays be far behind us

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 01:04 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Jessica Smith’s Strength Interval Walk from her 30 Day set
~PT exercises & I added on 3 sets of 10 pelvic drops
~MELT: pelvic, spine, hip focus….followed by gentle yin stretches on my own.

Linda - My hip is improving, but it’s a slow process. I see my PT again next week for another IMS session & I continue to faithfully do my exercises. I’ve never understood the rationale behind instructors, like Jessica & Robin, limiting subscribers. So strange IMO.

Carol & Donna - I have also signed up for Robin’s challenge. I’ll have to check out Jessica V’s SI practices as that is a weak spot for me. Carol I hope your SI is feeling better.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 08:26 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

WH Pilates Mat Sculpt - 20m. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NZRtNoUQrc
Flow with Mira - Resistance Band Workout - 30min. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoNE...fNRyDx&index=5

This was my first workout with Mira. I enjoyed it and her form and instruction is impeccable. I signed up for her free 7 day challenge that started today, but I wasn't interersted in todays workout because at least the first several minutes focused on breathing and wasn't in the mood for it.

My knee is feeling much better. I have a new appreciation for having full mobility.

Gotta run now. Waves to all!
Old 09-20-21, 08:39 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did end up taking a walk with my Golden and I also did a few of Ellen's short yoga workouts - Affirmative Flow and Yoga Mat Work.

Today, so far, has been:

CS 1211 -
Robin's Challenge Day # 1

Both were nice workouts to start the day. I want to get something else in today. Just not sure what!

Dana - I have to try Mira's workouts - I haven't yet either! I'm glad your knee is feeling better.

Pam - I don't understand limiting subscriptions either - it seems a lot of Pilates instructors do that these days.

Carol - that sounds like a nice yoga workout.

Linda - my DH can cook pretty much anything. He is better at cooking meat than I am - if I lived alone, I'd probably be a vegetarian. I prefer vegetarian food and I don't like to cook meat. But right now my DH is doing some sort of keto/intermittent fasting - so when he cooks it is low carb I can totally see ditching empty carbs but veggies? We shall see how long this lasts...I hate to be a naysayer but my DH tends to be an all or nothing person, so he'll dive into something like this for awhile and then fizzle out. After all my years of exercise and being health conscious I have just come to the conclusion that it is moderation in everything that is most easy to maintain. I understand some people do need to limit their carbs, but I think my DH is going taking it to a point where in a month or so he'll be eating a loaf of bread in one sitting, LOL!

Donna
Old 09-20-21, 11:26 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts, a low key day:
~The Balanced Life Pilates Refresh & Reset Challenge: Day 1
~PT exercises & pelvic drops
~15 min gentle rebounding
~yin yoga class on zoom

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-21, 05:23 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workouts were:

Silver&Fit - Intermediate Flexibility & Balance with Penny 8/17/21 - 30 minutes;
I would say that there was more balance & mobility work in this video than flexibility, although that was in there as well. Filmed in Penny's living room.

Trifecta Pilates - Core Concentration Class - 15 minutes
This was a nice beginner level class from a recent challenge that Beth had. I will do the next routine in the series.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-21, 07:48 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

JS Poise & Grace - 35min. Sneaky but enjoyable workout that didn't put too much strain on my knee.
WH Mat Pilates Full Body Burner - 18min. This one was off youtube.

We've had fairly strong thunderstorms in the middle of the night and it's very overcast, cool and drizzly now. Just my kind of weather although my knee is bothering me a little this morning. I'm thinking my knee pain may be arthritis related more than any type of strain or injury related. Oh the joys of getting older!

My cousin flew into ORD last night and I'm going to meet her and spend some quality time with her shopping. Well, mostly looking but we'll catch up, have some great sushi and enjoy the day together. She's staying until tomorrow so we won't have to rush. Except now, I have to get going since her hotel is about 45min from my house. It used to be really close but money talks and the airlines changed it to another hotel chain that offered a better deal - even if it's in the middle of nowhere.

Hi to all, and I'll check back later in the day.
Old 09-21-21, 07:59 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did some add ons:

Dog walk at lunch - it wasn't very strenuous as my dog likes to stop and sniff everywhere.

Lucy Wyndham Read - 14 Min Workout for Better Health -this was a typical Lucy workout - body weight exercises. She did 14 moves for 50 seconds on/10 seconds off. She did it in split screen with a seated version on one side.

Yoga w/ Bird - Lower Body/Hip stretches

Today, so far has been:

CS 1212
Robin Long/The Balanced Life Challenge Day 2 - I enjoyed this one!

I will aim for more activity today as well.

I'm thinking w/ my low motivation that doing short add ons is key.

Dana -I hope you have a good day w/ your cousin!

Carol - I have to try some of the Silver & Fit, I also see Lauren posted some sample rotation playlists on her site. I also like Beth/Trifecta - but her membership is $30 per month - Robin's is $27. Beth tends to do longer workouts but I find them interesting b/c she uses a lot of props. Robin's had the benefit of the shorter workouts and the beach. I am somewhat tempted to join one of those memberships for October...but....I already have JV plus Ellen, plus You Tube...not to mention my DVDs. Plus I have this odd desire to do a yoga rotation w/ Yoga w/ Adriene. I used to adore her but recently when I have tried her stuff I found it getting on my nerves....weird.

Waves, Pam, Brenda, Linda, Beth...

Donna

Tags
bobandbrad